United States
FAST DELIVERY ∙ EXPERT TECH SUPPORT
UK STOCK ∙ 2 YEAR WARRANTY
Zidoo UHD5000
Professional UHD 4K Dolby Vision Hi-Fi audio Home Theatre Media Player with ESS9068 DAC.
  INCLUDES EXPRESS 2-4 DAY DELIVERY 

Author Topic: Dune HD Realbox 4K Feedback  (Read 23329 times)

vadergr

• View Profile
Re: Dune HD Realbox 4K Feedback
« Reply #15 on: May 26, 2020, 09:43:34 PM »
You can still change it manually.

mtenga

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 26, 2020, 10:56:05 PM »
You can still change it manually.
How exactly if it is not in the wall?

vadergr

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 26, 2020, 11:32:39 PM »
Go to MyCollection manage/settings and you will see all options for all titles. Found or not ;)

mtenga

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 26, 2020, 11:54:30 PM »
Go to MyCollection manage/settings and you will see all options for all titles. Found or not ;)
Presumably you mean - MyCollection/Collection Management/Manage Folders

Under there I have 14 folders, and in each folder all files are associated. There are no titles unfound?

When I scrape the folder with the troubled movie it comes up briefly as one new found but then disappears when I go to confirm it in edit matching between files and movies. Because it is automatically being wrongly associated by the Dune database with another movie that is in my collection as I’ve said.

vddaniel

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 27, 2020, 11:47:13 AM »
Thanks for the link ...... very interesting!

For my installation the only way to have HDR and HDR 10+ is to connect the box directly to the diffuser ........ which is not practical for me !!

Ultimately the HDR / SDR conversion would be good enough, but it is not!

futeko.com

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 29, 2020, 03:45:26 PM »
., I have the RealBox and looking good so far. If you are in touch with Dune can you feedback the following to start with.

From Dune:

When some movie is not recognized correctly, it is possible to manually edit the associations between files and movies and correct wrong associations (see My Collection / Collection Management).

Also, about any problems with indexing of movies in My Collection, it would be nice to get additional information (besides of just movie title):
after some problem is found, go to Setup / Misc / Support and press "Send debug dump" button.
The player will show the Dump ID on the TV screen.
Then email problem description and this Dump ID to support@dune-hd.com.

mtenga

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 30, 2020, 09:20:14 AM »
Thanks, I will send a problem report to Dune.

iliansto

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 20, 2020, 08:56:49 AM »
Hello to everyone! Thank you, Futeko, for the swift delivery. I received my Realbox player yesterday and set it up last night. First issues I found were three:

1. Dune apps that can be added are only two, specified for Russia.
2. When I install Android apps through my gmail account they crash and would not work. Made Tidal work for one song then started crashing again. Kodi seems to work, but I don't use it, it was installed just for testing.
2. I did set up a UPnP connection to my Win 10 laptop and all is playing well. However, this morning the player suddenly stopped "seeing"subtitles that are on the PC. If I put a flash drive it sees and plays them.

I would appreciate some insights as the above are quite disappointing. I upgraded to Dune to avoid similar issues with Chinese Android based players that were 1/4th the price... Thank you in advance!

vddaniel

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 20, 2020, 10:56:56 AM »
Personally I always have a problem with the HDR which does not pass on my installation !!
What is strange is that the HIMEDIA Q5 connected with the same cable and therefore the same circuit passes very well the HDR ................
I am a little disappointed and I have to use these two readers to read my files: 1 for everything that is not HDR and the other for everything that is HDR !!!
Not ideal !!

Realbox_owner

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 23, 2020, 12:08:54 PM »
Hi,

Realbox 4K Android version is 7. Can I hope upgrade to Android 9 in near future?

Thanks

futeko.com

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 23, 2020, 02:32:35 PM »
Realbox 4K Android version is 7. Can I hope upgrade to Android 9 in near future?

From Dune: "RealBox 4K is currently running Android 7.1; the most stable available Realtek SDK for RTD1395 uses Android 7.1; theoretically RealBox 4K could upgrade to Android 9 in future, but it is not planned right now."

In my opinion the Android version doesn't matter much for media players. Better to go for extreme stability and a full feature set working perfectly.
« Last Edit: June 23, 2020, 02:34:17 PM by futeko.com »

HD-Dave

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 26, 2020, 08:18:07 AM »
 I purchased this box from futeko delivery took 2 days so that was a good start

Well I have a pch 200, pch 300, pch 400 and a pch 500 and they were really good and I used YAMJ to provide the movie wall. performance was rock solid and once YAMJ was set up simplicity itself to use. Yes you lost the menu with the 400 and 500 series but menus were very slow and sketchy with the 200/300 units

When popcorn the company "died" oh for a 4K 600 series. I got an Solo 4K. never really liked it My Collection was cumbersome and I never got the hang of yaDIS. so i was bumbling along for about two years until I picked up a Sinclair Spectrum the "OPPO media box". Now this is brilliant no movie wall but flawless DVD/BD/UHD image playback as it should as it is a oppo 203 without the drive. But I do want a movie wall.

So a week ago I dusted off the Solo reinstalled it and finally got to grips with yaDIS following a number of posts from Markswift (AVForums etc) . What a joy to use scraping is brilliant yes a bit short on some features mainly selection of different disk versions, for example a DVD, BD or the UHD of a movie but I could work around this. So as this could be a solution to the movie/tv wall and get BD menus I decided to get this realbox 4K, "only" £150.00 so what have I got to lose. My intent was to team it up with yadis and I felt I was 80% of my way back to my preferred pch/YAMJ system.

I should add that I also have a zidoo z9s and was using HT2/3 but it keeps stalling on large librarys and the menu and seamless branching issues are getting on my nerves.

So now to the realbox 4K Now bear in mind that I have only had two days with this and only spent about 3 hours playing with it

Now this is small. Plugged it in it sets itself up and we have a Dune in all its glory. Yes the menu could be more modern but it works and you know were everything is How can I put it "it's comfy"
Set up the networking loaded yadis from the NAS and bang there it is menus etc even Avatar, the JohnWick discs Thor Raganarok you name it they work
So it thought I would try out My Collection.

Same operation as before so I did not hold out for much.

Boy was I wrong. What have they done.

It is nothing like the "My Collection" on the Solo 4K. Yes the Movie wall and how to present it is still "clunky but once you get a view that you like it's not bad at all

Limited editing of posters etc but the scraping has improved to an amazing extent and then I tried tv shows. If anything the scraping of these exceeds the move scraper. It was not like this and it is not like this in the Solo 4k Dune have transformed My Collection

Not up to the eye candy of the zidoo wall and My Collection and HT3 suffer from the lack of external editing and NAS storage so you can't have one database. The backup and restore on the of HT2/3 is a decent workaround . My Collection is "fixed" to each box so you cannot share the generated database But performance wise it actually give yaDIS a good run for the money. It also "stacks" the disc editions/ and you can select which one to play.

The Video performance is amazing especially when compared to the Solo 4k image quality is very good . Downscaling and hdr to sdr is good you can also as in the z9s "force" dd from True HD . So I can use this on my 1080p tv and non True HD soundbar as well as my 4K projector and HDMI2 receiver until it's big brother the 4K II comes out

Accessing the android setup gives you all the developer mods as per the Ziddo z9s. It  also acts as a wifi hot spot.

I cannot  find how to use have external system storage which would allow "unlimited" My Collection database size.  Currently it is using "flash" memory of the unit. I have tried the "legacy" scripts but these report that they are not compatible.

Yes some limitations but in my opinion these are very few and it is very early days. I will definitely get the Pro 4K II for the projector but really apart from the system storage issue which has not really effected anything yet.

Well I think we are getting close to a one box solution maybe not the Pro4K II but possibly the next generation. But if this box is anything to go by the pro 4k II potentially only offers an incremental improvement on this box.

I think this box is simply amazing and really Dune seemed to have nailed the actual operating system and if they could make more improvements to My Collection such as external storage and editing there is a lot to look forward to in the Dune camp.
Yes i am sure that there are some image processing flaws but dare I say it this would be nitpicking

Did I mention that this box is brilliant and only £150.00 This sets a high bar indeed for the 16xx SOC units to come

If the 16xx SOC offers 10-15% more performance whatever that can bring to the party then they should be astounding boxes .

The Realbox 4K is a bargain

Now a question/request for Dune. How can I add/initiate system storage on a micro sd/usb hdd or a thumb drive.  I would seem that this feature is not available in the current firmware.  Tried reinstalling firmware with a formatted empty ext3  micro sd no joy

Can Dune add this feature via a firmware update for the Realbox?
Is this going to be in the upcoming 1619 unit?  or do we have to wait for a model with internal drive capability?

« Last Edit: November 14, 2021, 12:23:54 PM by HD-Dave »

Nice Monkey

• Loves classic movies
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 26, 2020, 10:17:20 AM »
Now a question/request for Dune. How can I add/initiate system storage on a micro sd/usb hdd or a thumb drive.  I would seem that this feature is not available in the current firmware.  Tried reinstalling firmware with a formatted empty ext3  micro sd no joy
Using an SD-Card for Internal storage is an Android feature and should come bundled with the Android OS.
If not made available under Android Storage/Memory setup and formatting then it won't work.

futeko.com

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 26, 2020, 11:26:18 AM »
The option to format as internal is there, but you need a pointing device (mouse, airmouse) to access it.

Insert micro-SD card.

Go Setup - System - Storage.
You should see the SD card listed, select it using the pointing device.
Select the menu icon at top right (three vertical dots).
Select 'Storage settings'
Select 'Format as internal'

HD-Dave

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: June 26, 2020, 01:45:59 PM »
Thanks

Dis this

formatted as internal storage

Now how do I get My Collection to use it rather than flash

I rebooted, reinstalled the firmware 
also deleted al the existing database removed all storage reinstalled firmware etc but  -Collection Management - Data storage is still Flash  not internal

DELIVERY ∙ PAYMENT ∙ WARRANTY+RETURNS ∙ ABOUT ∙ PRIVACY ∙ FORUM ∙ CONTACT
© SDHDIGITAL LTD 2024