United States
FAST DELIVERY ∙ EXPERT TECH SUPPORT
UK STOCK ∙ 2 YEAR WARRANTY
Eversolo DMP-A6
Digital Audio Streamer with ESS DAC.
  INCLUDES EXPRESS 2-4 DAY DELIVERY 

Author Topic: Q5/Q10 Pro Custom Firmware  (Read 1069039 times)

mrklown

• View Profile
Re: Q5/Q10 Pro Custom Firmware
« Reply #825 on: March 09, 2018, 02:26:23 AM »
Installed cfw 2.0.7 (previously had cfw 2.0.4).

DD2.0, DD5.1, DDP5.1 work fine with kodi 17/spmc 16 (audio pass-through), DTS works (wrapper required), but no sound with AAC in kodi/spmc or internal player.  All are mkv files.  Any idea what the problem might be?

Posted this a few weeks ago and finally closer to figuring out the problem, but still not solved.  Basically what happens is once I play a movie/video with DD or DTS audio, linear PCM no longer functions.  If I reboot it will work fine again until the next DD/DTS file is played.  Has anyone ever ran into this before?  Is this a bug?

Update: I've narrowed it down further, if I use the wrapper for all playback the problem doesn't happen.  Only happens if I play DD/DTS with SPMC or Kodi.
« Last Edit: March 09, 2018, 10:12:13 PM by mrklown »

Icarium20

• View Profile
« Reply #826 on: March 10, 2018, 10:23:14 AM »
Hello everybody,
look what screen popup I got during a movie pause.
A message from KODI that they lost the appeal in a court of law, and they are short  of money, requesting donations...
What do you think? Is it legit?
I attached screen photo taken with my phone.
Cheers.

This is not an appeal from kodi but from *BANNEDWORD*s.com as  cited within speel. Tv addons is an unofficial site where you were once able to load 3rd party addons, builds , do maintenance etc.  It was one of the principal named sites in thd Canadian lawsuits involving various sites last June/July. The appeal was allowed as the original injuction was executed along dubious lines, which has now been revoked, which is in being appealed again I understand. This is all before anything is heard in court. Quite unbelievable. Bellcable Canada has an almost untenable strangle hold on digital communications to such an extent that its an exclusive monopoly which they defend rigorously using ANY methods or pressure points available.

The character running *BANNEDWORD*s isn't the most honest of chaps either, but whats he's up against there is blatant miscarriage of justice Imo, a witchunt without any defined or clear definition of what a " witch"  is having been made.
« Last Edit: March 10, 2018, 10:25:33 AM by Icarium20 »

mihailuican

• View Profile
« Reply #827 on: March 10, 2018, 07:47:49 PM »
I uninstalled the couple od addons of that site and the messages are long gone. Cheers.

CookiePuss

• View Profile
« Reply #828 on: March 14, 2018, 11:48:07 PM »
Hi guys. This is the first time I'm using this custom firmware. The digital passthrough is what brought me over to using custom. Anyway, sorry if this was already asked but is it recommended to use the auto frame rate patches or are they already implemented in this custom firmware?

Thank you pcristi for the work you put into these releases!

Kirek50

• View Profile
« Reply #829 on: March 22, 2018, 06:20:18 PM »
What is the matter with the playback of external subtitles in this version? In the official firmware version 2.07, Media Player loses subtitle lines. This subtitle issue is driving me nuts.

Paulo72

• View Profile
« Reply #830 on: March 27, 2018, 04:30:27 PM »
I have a q5 pro with firmware 2.0.6.  Is 2.0.7 a patch or a full firmware,  will I lose all and have to reconfigure box all over again.  I do backup everything, but it takes time to reconfigure to my liking.

afss

• View Profile
« Reply #831 on: March 27, 2018, 05:14:01 PM »
What is the matter with the playback of external subtitles in this version? In the official firmware version 2.07, Media Player loses subtitle lines. This subtitle issue is driving me nuts.

I am seeing this external subtitle issue as well - was it introduced on 2.0.7 ? I may need to rollback if this is the case.

switchblade

• View Profile
« Reply #832 on: April 03, 2018, 05:30:16 PM »
Has anyone tried the DirecTV Now app with this custom fw?  I tried this app with the official fw and I get a Location error.  Before I wipe my box again and install this custom fw, I'd like to know if anyone has this working.  Thanks!

granger13

• View Profile
« Reply #833 on: April 03, 2018, 06:44:11 PM »
On kodi 17.0  many files show ''video problem'' with wrapper.maybe it is because i have'#' characters on folders but i cannot rename 800 titles!any solution?
i have 2.0.7 custom installed.

caseyjones

• View Profile
« Reply #834 on: April 03, 2018, 06:59:37 PM »
I see that is not a "illegal" character in Windows which I though it was (if that it the O/S you have in your PC's).

Unless there is some real fancy, bulk file rename application, you really have a problem. Why did you choose to use the number sign anyway??

granger13

• View Profile
« Reply #835 on: April 03, 2018, 07:34:18 PM »
It helps me separate  title from duration from subs from format eg Bad Day at Black Rock # 82'# GR # B,  gr means greek subs, and B bluray.
So i guess if they dont fix this i will have to sell it.And i got it yesterday......
zidoo x9s has a few problems (eg their wrapper crashes in kodi once in a while when you play a movie and you have to restart kodi to go there after playaback) but not such a huge deal breaker....

caseyjones

• View Profile
« Reply #836 on: April 03, 2018, 08:09:59 PM »
Wouldn't a underline (_) work as good if not better?

granger13

• View Profile
« Reply #837 on: April 03, 2018, 08:36:14 PM »
Probably yes, but i will have to do that for 800 titles.Also, i have these titles on kodi on zidoo in my bedroom so i would have to make the kodi library there as well from the beginning.I bought it to enjoy my movie collection not to work for  hours like that because it cannot do such a simple task....

caseyjones

• View Profile
« Reply #838 on: April 03, 2018, 08:47:52 PM »
This isn't a beginners task, but take a close look here;
https://superuser.com/questions/236820/how-do-i-remove-the-same-part-of-a-file-name-for-many-files-in-windows-7

There is also;
https://superuser.com/questions/16007/how-can-i-mass-rename-files

What you want is the ability to do a "find and replace". Find "#" and replace it with "_" if that will work. I involves a command line (which I don't like), but it should work. I would suggest to lower your requirements for information in the file name to reduce the complexity of the title.  ;)
You will probably have to put a number of videos in a single folder to 'do a 'batch' file.

« Last Edit: April 03, 2018, 08:51:07 PM by caseyjones »

granger13

• View Profile
« Reply #839 on: April 03, 2018, 10:26:42 PM »
Thank you casey for your answers and concern.But i do not want to get in all this trouble. Himedia should fix this soon if they want their media player to be a serious contender.Regards.

DELIVERY ∙ PAYMENT ∙ WARRANTY+RETURNS ∙ ABOUT ∙ PRIVACY ∙ FORUM ∙ CONTACT
© SDHDIGITAL LTD 2024