United States
FAST DELIVERY ∙ EXPERT TECH SUPPORT
UK STOCK ∙ 2 YEAR WARRANTY
Zidoo UHD5000
Professional UHD 4K Dolby Vision Hi-Fi audio Home Theatre Media Player with ESS9068 DAC.
  INCLUDES EXPRESS 2-4 DAY DELIVERY 

Author Topic: Q5/Q10 Pro Custom Firmware  (Read 1069019 times)

MusiCManiaC

• View Profile
Re: Q5/Q10 Pro Custom Firmware
« Reply #735 on: November 30, 2017, 06:46:35 PM »

Hello pcristi, why can not I install the icon  package "Launcher 3D pixel icon pack2"? thank you for answer.
« Last Edit: December 01, 2017, 08:33:42 AM by futeko.com »

mihailuican

• View Profile
« Reply #736 on: December 01, 2017, 08:25:49 AM »
I could install this patch very easy: just RENAMED it : update.zip, copied it alone on the root of a USB stick and launched it from the Settings-Upgrade-Internal option. Went like a charm, and the icons are beautiful. Good luck.

Mount81

• View Profile
« Reply #737 on: December 02, 2017, 01:07:22 PM »
Other: do we need to turn off the Screensaver in this FW (to avoid to turn on while video playback)?
Thanks!

I don't understand your question.
Screensaver not popup when is use HiMediaVideoPlayer or Kodi with internal player for video files.
For Kodi with internal player ask on Kodi forum to solve not popup daydream for music player or when online video streaming is pause.

Kodi forum topic where maybe can start ask for fix
https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=301048&highlight=daydream
https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=316458&highlight=daydream

So I have tested a bit more with the conditions and modifications above. And it sure does switch on the Daydream screensaver during video playback. It was the same with KODI+Wrapper and with HiMedia Player on it's own, I paused the video and after about 5 minutes the Daydream switched  on automatically. When I tried to resume the video, there was nothing but black screen with the HiPlayer control menu and It didn't reacted to any button when tried to resume the video. My only option was is quitting with the Back button to KODI. So it is definitely something messed up, and not working as it intended.

Another issue to report: If I start a video with KODI+Wrapper right after the Box freshly Booted up, after like 3-5 minutes of playback, the screen goes totally black and the sound mutes. Just like in the case, when resuming from the screensaver: I can only see the HiPlayer interface, but it doesn't react to resuming the video, only quitting with the back button helps. I must wait like min. 10 minutes after the boot-up to avoid this freaky issue.

And what is that loud chiming sound 2-3 minutes after the boot-up? I guess it supposed to be some system notification sound, but I have no clue what is supposed to sign? Or is the PlayStore loging sound? Well, it's a quite enough "irregular" IMO.

The reinstallation of KODI might have be the case, that messed up something in the CFW system, but it just shouldn't, as I haven't done anything unusual.

Tomorrow I will flash the OFW 2.0.6, (and begin my KODI reinstallation again).
« Last Edit: December 02, 2017, 01:31:01 PM by Mount81 »

pcristi

• View Profile
« Reply #738 on: December 02, 2017, 01:57:28 PM »

And what is that loud chiming sound 2-3 minutes after the boot-up? I guess it supposed to be some system notification sound, but I have no clue what is supposed to sign? Or is the PlayStore loging sound? Well, it's a quite enough "irregular" IMO.

Read your unread emails from you Gmail mailbox or uninstall Gmail apps from box.

Mount81

• View Profile
« Reply #739 on: December 08, 2017, 08:11:13 PM »
Can be the Icon Pack you posted here be installed on Official firmwares as well or only on the custom firmwares? Cause you'r post instruction here and both on here:https://forum.softpedia.com/topic/1056055-himedia-q5q10pro-android-511android-70-box-tv/page__st__810#entry22029347 are confusing. On the top it says it's for OFW as well, but on the bottom it's just says it's for CFW only.

I would like to try the "Moere22 icon pack" on OFW 2.0.6, but I don't want to mess up my device and be sure it won't cause any abnormality or unwanted side effect... So, is it safe?

Thanks for the reply!

pcristi

• View Profile
« Reply #740 on: December 09, 2017, 12:02:26 PM »

I would like to try the "Moere22 icon pack" on OFW 2.0.6, but I don't want to mess up my device and be sure it won't cause any abnormality or unwanted side effect... So, is it safe?

Thanks for the reply!

Yes will work, but keep on mind Moere22  and HiMedia are a style just few icons will be change it and maybe you like to set default wallpaper too after appply.

nick81

• View Profile
« Reply #741 on: December 09, 2017, 02:27:30 PM »
Other: do we need to turn off the Screensaver in this FW (to avoid to turn on while video playback)?
Thanks!

I don't understand your question.
Screensaver not popup when is use HiMediaVideoPlayer or Kodi with internal player for video files.
For Kodi with internal player ask on Kodi forum to solve not popup daydream for music player or when online video streaming is pause.

Kodi forum topic where maybe can start ask for fix
https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=301048&highlight=daydream
https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=316458&highlight=daydream

So I have tested a bit more with the conditions and modifications above. And it sure does switch on the Daydream screensaver during video playback. It was the same with KODI+Wrapper and with HiMedia Player on it's own, I paused the video and after about 5 minutes the Daydream switched  on automatically. When I tried to resume the video, there was nothing but black screen with the HiPlayer control menu and It didn't reacted to any button when tried to resume the video. My only option was is quitting with the Back button to KODI. So it is definitely something messed up, and not working as it intended.

Another issue to report: If I start a video with KODI+Wrapper right after the Box freshly Booted up, after like 3-5 minutes of playback, the screen goes totally black and the sound mutes. Just like in the case, when resuming from the screensaver: I can only see the HiPlayer interface, but it doesn't react to resuming the video, only quitting with the back button helps. I must wait like min. 10 minutes after the boot-up to avoid this freaky issue.

The reinstallation of KODI might have be the case, that messed up something in the CFW system, but it just shouldn't, as I haven't done anything unusual.

Tomorrow I will flash the OFW 2.0.6, (and begin my KODI reinstallation again).

I think I am facing the exact same issue with these annoying black outs. Were you able to solve it? Is the issue with the CFW itself or with Kodi ?

Mount81

• View Profile
« Reply #742 on: December 09, 2017, 02:58:11 PM »
nick81: I have installed the official 2.0.6, no black screen since.

Edit: On an other forum a member also has complained regarding this.

It seams that the system needs much  more time to "boot-in" with CFW than with the OFW, and sadly that's a no-go for me. :(
« Last Edit: December 09, 2017, 05:27:37 PM by Mount81 »

Mount81

• View Profile
« Reply #743 on: December 09, 2017, 05:31:09 PM »

Thanks for the reply!

Yes will work, but keep on mind Moere22  and HiMedia are a style just few icons will be change it and maybe you like to set default wallpaper too after appply.

Oh, so I need to set the Wallpaper to the default "black screen" to make it work OK? No custom Wallpapers than? :???

pcristi

• View Profile
« Reply #744 on: December 09, 2017, 08:37:46 PM »

Thanks for the reply!

@Mount81
You never try to do anything by yourself?
Not more reply to your post. Sorry.

Oh, so I need to set the Wallpaper to the default "black screen" to make it work OK? No custom Wallpapers than? :???

Mount81

• View Profile
« Reply #745 on: December 10, 2017, 06:02:33 AM »

Thanks for the reply!

@Mount81
You never try to do anything by yourself?
Not more reply to your post. Sorry.

I wont do anything unless I'm not sure it's worth it and that I don't have to reinstall the whole firmware again,  just because a patch is messed up something in the system. Also are your instructions gibberish and equivocal many times, just like in this case and in the previous also. That's why I'm asking, because I HAVE TO. And no, I won't play guinea pig with my devices, installing stuffs that I'm unsure regarding their effects... For some reason we have this Forum, where we can ask questions, and usually do this -like humans normally would-  by communicating with a  tool called "language", also coming in handy when some above mentioned doubts are concerned... But don't bother, I won't anymore. Not in this Topic. Thank you.
« Last Edit: December 10, 2017, 06:11:54 AM by Mount81 »

nick81

• View Profile
« Reply #746 on: December 10, 2017, 06:40:16 AM »
nick81: I have installed the official 2.0.6, no black screen since.

Edit: On an other forum a member also has complained regarding this.

It seams that the system needs much  more time to "boot-in" with CFW than with the OFW, and sadly that's a no-go for me. :(

Yeah I went back to OFW and the problem is solved. Will stick again to OFW until I feel I don't to waste time looking for obscure options to access the basic features of my Q10. I know Android is to blame but finding a simple setting to disable a screensaver shouldn't be worse than looking for a needle in a haystack!

kobu

• View Profile
« Reply #747 on: December 19, 2017, 07:23:27 AM »
can we get 4k video on youtube for android TV?

ralphberner

• View Profile
« Reply #748 on: December 20, 2017, 06:47:25 PM »
I have several questions...

I cannot get Kodi autostarted after booting by chosing it as standard in the App Manager. Did i miss anything or does it not work anymore?
Does this work in the official firmware propperly?

I don't like that new startmenu at all.
Does the startmenu look the same in the official firmware?

Is it possible to disable those infantile recomendations in the startmenu completely?
Same question for that microphone icon wich nags me to ask something frequently.
I don't like OSes wicht tell me what to do permanently and i cannot stop it to do so.

That Firmware 2.0.6 is a huge step back in my opinion. A lot of weird behaviour in there.

futeko.com

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #749 on: December 20, 2017, 08:56:32 PM »
That Firmware 2.0.6 is a huge step back in my opinion. A lot of weird behaviour in there.

I don't understand. 2.0.6 is very similar to 2.0.5 (and 2.0.5). There has been no dramatic change.

I don't recognise what you say about new startmenu / microphone / recommendations.

I've deleted your identical post from the official firmware thread, I think you might be talking about the custom firmware?

Please clarify.

DELIVERY ∙ PAYMENT ∙ WARRANTY+RETURNS ∙ ABOUT ∙ PRIVACY ∙ FORUM ∙ CONTACT
© SDHDIGITAL LTD 2024