United States
FAST DELIVERY ∙ EXPERT TECH SUPPORT
UK STOCK ∙ 2 YEAR WARRANTY
Eversolo DMP-A6
Digital Audio Streamer with ESS DAC.
  INCLUDES EXPRESS 2-4 DAY DELIVERY 

Author Topic: Q5/Q10 Pro Custom Firmware  (Read 1076441 times)

Mount81

• View Profile
Re: Q5/Q10 Pro Custom Firmware
« Reply #720 on: November 26, 2017, 04:15:33 PM »
Hello!

Does the full CWF 2.0.6 (update_Q10Pro_(update&themed&Kodi17.5.1)-HMD-2.0.6 2017-10-25.164125) include the auto framerate patch for HiMedia Player?

Thanks!

NO. Auto framerate patch need to install separately by user witch need it.

Thanks!

Just installed CFW 2.0.6.

So far: I was unable to restore my Backup from KODI 16.1 completely. The SMB share settings restored, but all of my Library data (Poster, Fanart) seems to be missing. (It doesn't show any of these pictures, while browsing the video folders). Maybe it has something to do with the preinstalled Estuary mod skin?

KODI 17.6 is brand new for me, so it needs more testing and digging to figure things out.

Other: do we need to turn off the Screensaver in this FW (to avoid to turn on while video playback)?

Thanks!
« Last Edit: November 27, 2017, 09:41:24 AM by Mount81 »

mamachan

• View Profile
« Reply #721 on: November 27, 2017, 09:14:27 AM »
Good morning, I am a new member.

I would like to know what the difference is between the custom and the official firmware (Q10 Pro)

Thanks
I apologize if I repeat my question

NB:
should I always run verification procedures at each post?

pcristi

• View Profile
« Reply #722 on: November 27, 2017, 10:25:47 AM »
Other: do we need to turn off the Screensaver in this FW (to avoid to turn on while video playback)?
Thanks!

I don't understand your question.
Screensaver not popup when is use HiMediaVideoPlayer or Kodi with internal player for video files.
For Kodi with internal player ask on Kodi forum to solve not popup daydream for music player or when online video streaming is pause.

Kodi forum topic where maybe can start ask for fix
https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=301048&highlight=daydream
https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=316458&highlight=daydream

pcristi

• View Profile
« Reply #723 on: November 27, 2017, 10:32:44 AM »
Good morning, I am a new member.

I would like to know what the difference is between the custom and the official firmware (Q10 Pro)

Thanks
I apologize if I repeat my question

NB:
should I always run verification procedures at each post?

Please read from first post information from Info+changelog link for witch version you want to know difference between custom and official firmware.

Mount81

• View Profile
« Reply #724 on: November 27, 2017, 10:34:37 AM »
Thanks!

Screensaver not popup when is use HiMediaVideoPlayer or Kodi with internal player for video files.
For Kodi with internal player ask on Kodi forum to solve not popup daydream for music player or when online video streaming is pause.

Ok, it thought that Daydream will pop-up while playback with HiPlayer.

I have a new question: I guess i will have to uninstall and than reinstall KODI 17.6 (cause the scrapping somehow doesn't work as it should), will the DD and DTS in KODI still be working in this case? (As it has been fixed in this CFW).

Thank you!

pcristi

• View Profile
« Reply #725 on: November 27, 2017, 10:41:45 AM »

I have a new question: I guess i will have to uninstall and than reinstall KODI 17.6 (cause the scrapping somehow doesn't work as it should), will the DD and DTS in KODI still be working in this case? (As it has been fixed in this CFW).

Thank you!

Yes will work.

pcristi

• View Profile
« Reply #726 on: November 27, 2017, 05:48:44 PM »
patch Icon pack & Styles CFW/OFW - HMD Q5/Q10Pro[1.1] for Launcher 3D
(Please don't quote the entire post.)

v1.3
- Update Whicons - White Icon Pack v9.9.0
- Style HiMedia & Moere22  removed from mediafire /discontinued

v1.2
- Update Pixel Icon Pack 2- Free Theme UI to v3.0.5

v1.1
- Add partial support for HiMedia OFW/Moere22  CFW
-- Can apply on HiMedia OFW/Moere22  CFW
-- Get normal Android icons by uninstall corresponding icon apps working just with CFW(pcristi)
-- HiMedia & Moere22  Icon pack & Styles not have corresponding icon apps so can't be tempoary inactivaed
Note: Maybe need manually set wallpaper to defaults.

Add:
- HiMedia  Icon pack & Styles

- Moere22 Icon pack & Styles

v1.0
- Pixel Icon Pack 2- Free Theme UI

- Whicons - White Icon Pack

Please support developer of original Icon Pack
- Saurabh Gupta - Pixel Icon Pack 2- Free Theme UI
- Randle - White Icon Pack

Note: Launcher 3D not have real support for Icon pack!
- Only one theme can be installed and use in box
- To get normal Android icons uninstall corresponding icon apps and reboot box.
Please remember witch theme you have install if in future will want to reactivate from Google Play without reapply patch.

Screenshots on Spoiler  from forum.softpedia.com topic click on show.

Installation Instructions:
 - Backup, backup, backup all yours sensitive data.
1. Request Q10/Q5Pro running CFW/OFW Android 7.0 v/2.0.3 or newest.
(possible working with older version witch have White Icon support)
2. Download corresponding files for Icon pack.
3. Rename patch_CFW-HMD_Q5_Q10Pro(...)-Launcher_3D(...).zip to update.zip.
4. Copy update.zip to the root of a USB pen drive.
5. Insert the USB pen drive into any USB port of the Q10/Q5Pro.
6. Update from Menu (Settings/Upgrade/Local Upgrade).
7. The Q10/Q5Pro will show an Android Rainbow circle and proceed to install Icons pack.
8. Box will do auto-reboot when finished.
9. First boot can take few seconds more then usually.
Entire update process take up to 3 minutes...
Normal boot time is 17-19 seconds.

Download patch Icon pack CFW Q10/Q5Pro: mediafire.
Use at your own risk(Folositi pe propria raspundere).
Don't quote the entire post.
« Last Edit: January 22, 2018, 01:32:16 AM by pcristi »

magnifico

• View Profile
« Reply #727 on: November 27, 2017, 10:37:23 PM »
Could this help us in any way to get us NetflixHD support?
http://freaktab.com/forum/tv-player-support/rockchip-based-tv-players/rk3229-devices/knowledge-tutorials-ac/653474-how-to-enable-widevine-on-any-box-android-5-1-1

tmihai20

• Smart devices enthusiast
    • View Profile
    • My blog (mostly Romanian)
« Reply #728 on: November 28, 2017, 08:42:57 AM »
Could this help us in any way to get us NetflixHD support?
http://freaktab.com/forum/tv-player-support/rockchip-based-tv-players/rk3229-devices/knowledge-tutorials-ac/653474-how-to-enable-widevine-on-any-box-android-5-1-1

That only enables Widevine. This is already done on our Q5/Q10 Pro. I did a little research yesterday to try to fool Netflix, so I studies build.prop a lot.

To quote the post you put there "After a little research, I found how to enable Widevine on Android Tv Boxes wich didn't come with it on the system." "That did not come with it" is the main statement there.
Riddle me this, riddle me that
Who is afraid of the big, black bat?
TV: Sony Bravia  KD-55XG8505 (4K, HDR - Dolby Vision)
TV: 42LA641S (42 inches, 3D, fullHD)
Player: Q10 Pro with HMD-2.0.0 2016-11-17.181855

mihailuican

• View Profile
« Reply #729 on: November 28, 2017, 10:38:49 AM »
Hello,
so did you find any way to stream Netflix in HD on the Q10 Pro? Cheers.

Mount81

• View Profile
« Reply #730 on: November 28, 2017, 01:18:38 PM »
My experience with CFW 2.0.6, after with a couple of videos testing:

There's a slight, but perceptible sync out with audio compared to the lip movement. I'ts about 200-500ms, not more but I can surely detect it if i concentrate on the lip movement in dialogues.
I don't have an ARV, I'm using the analogue RCA out's with a pair of active speakers. There wasn't sync-ot on OFW 1.0.9. (Didn't try any newer firmware since that).

Tho' what i did before testing is: Ununstalled the preinstalled KODI, installed 16.1, that loaded my backup from 16.1 from the 1.0.9fw, and than updated with PlayStore to 17.6. Than I have installed the guliouz Repo and the Estuary mod Skin and all of the necessary add-ons that this Skin needs.

The CPU load is swinging rapidly between 10-60% now on the system constantly (checked with KODI System info). I swicthed back to the normal Estuary Skin, but it didn't make much difference.

What would be you suggestion for the lip-sync audio slip?

Thank you!

Mount81

• View Profile
« Reply #731 on: November 28, 2017, 04:51:06 PM »
Thanks!

So I have tested a bit more with the conditions and modifications above. And it sure does switch on the Daydream screensaver during video playback. It was the same with KODI+Wrapper and with HiMedia Player on it's own, I paused the video and after about 5 minutes the Daydream switched  on automatically. When I tried to resume the video, there was nothing but black screen with the HiPlayer control menu and It didn't reacted to any button when tried to resume the video. My only option was is quitting with the Back button to KODI. So it is definitely something messed up, and not working as it intended.
« Last Edit: November 28, 2017, 04:53:19 PM by Mount81 »

Icarium20

• View Profile
« Reply #732 on: November 28, 2017, 05:39:24 PM »
Thanks!

So I have tested a bit more with the conditions and modifications above. And it sure does switch on the Daydream screensaver during video playback. It was the same with KODI+Wrapper and with HiMedia Player on it's own, I paused the video and after about 5 minutes the Daydream switched  on automatically. When I tried to resume the video, there was nothing but black screen with the HiPlayer control menu and It didn't reacted to any button when tried to resume the video. My only option was is quitting with the Back button to KODI. So it is definitely something messed up, and not working as it intended.

Posts 563 and 587 of this topic give two ways as to how you can disable the screen saver. Its really is  just a matter of going into the 500 Firepaper App and adjusting settings there.

Can the CFW  2.0.6 just be installed over the CFW2.0.5 which I'm presently running? Just asking for safety.

Mount81

• View Profile
« Reply #733 on: November 28, 2017, 06:47:35 PM »
Thanks!

Posts 563 and 587 of this topic give two ways as to how you can disable the screen saver. Its really is  just a matter of going into the 500 Firepaper App and adjusting settings there.

Can the CFW  2.0.6 just be installed over the CFW2.0.5 which I'm presently running? Just asking for safety.

Yes, I know about that, but as you can see in the answer from pcristi, it shouldn't have to switch on at all during video playback with HiPlayer, but it does. So there's definitely something not quite as it should be.

pcristi: Can I update from CFW 2.0.6 to Official 2.0.6 without any issues using the paperclip method?

Binnugsay

• View Profile
« Reply #734 on: November 30, 2017, 08:24:54 AM »
Hello all,

I noticed since the last CS Custom 2.06 we can't anymore with Samba share not to make copy into the internal hard disk, Why ? Did i miss something ?
Can navigate but even i use Es Explorer by the Q10 Pro and can see the files, so can't anymore make copy to the Hard drive....!!!

Thanks for you help.

DELIVERY ∙ PAYMENT ∙ WARRANTY+RETURNS ∙ ABOUT ∙ PRIVACY ∙ FORUM ∙ CONTACT
© SDHDIGITAL LTD 2024