United States
FAST DELIVERY ∙ EXPERT TECH SUPPORT
UK STOCK ∙ 2 YEAR WARRANTY
Zidoo Z20 Pro
Ultra-HD 4K Dolby Vision Home Theatre 3.5" HDD Media Player.
  INCLUDES EXPRESS 2-4 DAY DELIVERY 

Author Topic: Q5/Q10 Pro Custom Firmware  (Read 1075343 times)

davy28

• View Profile
Re: Q5/Q10 Pro Custom Firmware
« Reply #420 on: July 20, 2017, 04:50:52 PM »
Hello everyone,

Following this forum for a few months now. And very happy with Pcristi's Firmware for my Q10 Pro.
I just installed the new 2.0.4 firmware and liked the new himedia player from previous version (2.0.4 original) more.
But can't seem to find the update.zip to go back to new version..

Is there anyone who can help me with that?

Keep it up Pcrisiti, really great work!!

Thanks.

Cheers,
Davy

pereira69

• View Profile
« Reply #421 on: July 20, 2017, 05:28:37 PM »
Hello pcristi, will it be possible to adapt to 2.0.4 with the new youtube 2.0  4k? I can not remove the youtube icon from the main page, I think it would be a good idea to adapt this type image 2.0.4.1 with the new youtube 4k; I'm sorry for my english.

Please read "How to change home screen apps?"  from Q5/Q10 Pro FAQ topic GUI sections.

Fantastico pcristi, excellent work, my friend, thank you very much.

pcristi

• View Profile
« Reply #422 on: July 20, 2017, 06:33:30 PM »
Hello everyone,

Following this forum for a few months now. And very happy with Pcristi's Firmware for my Q10 Pro.
I just installed the new 2.0.4 firmware and liked the new himedia player from previous version (2.0.4 original) more.
But can't seem to find the update.zip to go back to new version..

Is there anyone who can help me with that?

Keep it up Pcrisiti, really great work!!

Thanks.

Cheers,
Davy

New HiMediaVideoPlayer is like that in both official and CFW 2.0.4.
For restore old HiMediaVideoPlayer download restore(old_player)_HiMediaVideoPlayer_1.0.11_HMD_0411(AirMouse_inputs_support).zip rename to update.zip and apply from Setting/Upgrade/Local Upgrade. In case want new HiMediaVideoPlayer again use this update.zip with restore method.

Look like new recovery from FW 2.0.4 don't accepted from first try, sometime need to try 2 times consecutive.
So download restore(old_player)_HiMediaVideoPlayer_1.0.11_HMD_0411(AirMouse_inputs_support).zip, rename to update.zip copy to USB stick.
Apply from Setting/Upgrade/Local Upgrade/USB_x to get old player HiMediaVideoPlayer_1.0.11_HMD_0411 from CFW 2.0.3.
In case want new HiMediaVideoPlayer(VideoPlayer VideoPlay) again use this update.zip with restore method(paper clip).

davy28

• View Profile
« Reply #423 on: July 22, 2017, 10:36:09 AM »
Thanks Pcristi,

Works perfectly.

Cheers,
Davy

edsirio

• View Profile
« Reply #424 on: July 22, 2017, 07:06:48 PM »
hello guys, hello Pcristi

first of all thanks for your continuous effort in order to give us a good firmware. I've installed today the Custom 2.04 over the official 2.03 as per some instruction here in the forum. Let me say that I've tried to install it over the official 2.04 but big problem of speed i faced after the re- start of the devise Q10pro.
I've tried many time to set the device but nothing, many waiting time after  any command and i came back to the official 2.04 without problem in the norma use. Even impossible to detect the internal HD.
Today again i've installed CF over the 2.03 (so, downgrade from 2.04 to 2.03) and then the configuration of Kodi. Ok, until that no problem and even the internal HD was ok.
Then, i've installed Flud for my use as client torrent, from that again big problem with the internal HD, at the moment it's only possible to read the HD but not write and Flus has stopped to work (the setting is to save the files to the sda1 (internal hd). After the first file, the system has crashed and the hd isn't writeable.

In this condition, i again need to load the official firmware if i want to copy something into the HD sda1.

This is my problem from the first time with custom firmware and Flud for torrent.

Someone has faced something like this?

Any suggestion is appreciated.

Thanks and good weekend

Paulo72

• View Profile
« Reply #425 on: July 23, 2017, 01:40:10 AM »
I love how the large icons on the home screen can be changed, eg skype, media player, etc.
I was thinking about downloading SOMC 17.  Nice that I would be avle to change the kodi icon on the homescreen. to SPMC.  Does this work well, eg with the wrapper?

aleister

• View Profile
« Reply #426 on: July 23, 2017, 11:25:15 AM »
Im on official 2.04 , can i install the custom 2.04 over it?

It can make Trouble right?

Thanks

Paulo72

• View Profile
« Reply #427 on: July 23, 2017, 03:18:36 PM »
Im on official 2.04 , can i install the custom 2.04 over it?

It can make Trouble right?

Thanks
[/quote

Iasked the same question.  I was told it is ok to install over 2:04 official.  I love it, especially how you can customise the large icons to what you want to show on the home screeb.

oxanna

« Reply #428 on: July 24, 2017, 12:04:06 AM »
edited

Anyway, the custom firmware needs to be installed to the old 2.03 or over the new 2.04 official also? - EDIT, i read back and it seems you can install over official 2.04 using the "restore" method - how does this method work please? I'm sorry, i'm fairly new to this process

as the post above says - can the custom firmware be installed over the official 2.04 version?

Hoping to regain high definition multi channel audio, DTS-HD etc, that i had under android 5 and 1.09 firmware but updating to android 7 and 2.04 seems to have been lost in the official 2.04 firmware

any help greatly appreciated, thank you
and it is for that I continues to prefer Android 5.1 with firmware 1.1.0 and don't apply as anywhere it was not update, because all firmware are not perfet.
for example they not read the new film 4k Uhd full 1.1 with menu that competitor Egreat while read very good.

pcristi

• View Profile
« Reply #429 on: July 24, 2017, 12:44:33 AM »
@oxanna
Keep discussion on topic Q5/Q10 Pro Custom Firmware.

afss

• View Profile
« Reply #430 on: July 24, 2017, 01:01:52 PM »
Good morning pcristi, please is there a way to install the new Himedia player, on any of the Android 5 version custom firmwares  ?

I really miss the BD-ROM/DVD-ROM support and considering rolling back to version 1.0.9 for instance.

Regards.

insomniac

• View Profile
« Reply #431 on: July 25, 2017, 09:10:27 AM »
Hello and goodmorning to all .

First of all good job Pcristi!

I do love my live wallpaper ( earth and moon ) which i can use again.  I really do love my 5.1 dts sound, and its kinda  stupid that Himedia  sells a "top notch" media player with kodi installed  and yet doesnt address the multichannel problem.   

So far all works fine, even the 5Ghz wifi connection ( i had to change channel on my router to find it but it works! )

Then i hooked it up by cable again.......and  i noticed something strange.  With all other firmwares it would boost a 300Mbps .....now however a 90Mbps seems to be the best. So i rebooted my router. Same problem

Ok maybe just a bad connection right?  Well try again......same result. So i took the cable and connected it to my laptop....a stunning 303 Mbps again.

Anyone else noticed a dropping in internetspeed?

Kind Regards
M
« Last Edit: July 25, 2017, 09:19:08 AM by insomniac »

edcam33

• View Profile
« Reply #432 on: July 25, 2017, 10:26:49 AM »
Had the same problem with 204 update. Very slow speed. Had to go back to 203.

pepok

• View Profile
« Reply #433 on: July 25, 2017, 11:33:06 AM »
Hi,
Kodi 17 is coming already installed and customized on Custom Firmware. Can I uninstall and reinstall untouched  Kodi 17.4 or Kodi 18 to this firmware ? 
Thanks.

pcristi

• View Profile
« Reply #434 on: July 25, 2017, 02:27:59 PM »
Hi,
Kodi 17 is coming already installed and customized on Custom Firmware. Can I uninstall and reinstall untouched  Kodi 17.4 or Kodi 18 to this firmware ? 
Thanks.

Kodi 17.4RC1 is untouched, customization is apply over when box is boot if userdata not exist, so you can install any version you like Kodi17.x/18 just open it  before to restart box.

DELIVERY ∙ PAYMENT ∙ WARRANTY+RETURNS ∙ ABOUT ∙ PRIVACY ∙ FORUM ∙ CONTACT
© SDHDIGITAL LTD 2024