United States
FAST DELIVERY ∙ EXPERT TECH SUPPORT
UK STOCK ∙ 2 YEAR WARRANTY
Eversolo DMP-A6
Digital Audio Streamer with ESS DAC.
  INCLUDES EXPRESS 2-4 DAY DELIVERY 

Author Topic: Q5/Q10 Pro is the first player who read SACD!  (Read 56890 times)

stack

• View Profile
Re: Q5/Q10 Pro is the first player who read SACD!
« Reply #30 on: May 31, 2016, 09:51:08 PM »
Tried it too. It has some interruptions when I play Era - Dont go away for example.

Phil181

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: June 01, 2016, 05:55:41 AM »
I use HibyMusic (https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.hiby.music&hl=en to play SACD .ISO .DSD .DSF as well as FLAC, MP3  or WAVfiles thru my USB DAC/AMP. Dont have an A/V or  Amplifier so I could not verify.

The App is free so you can verify it yourself.
Managed to install this app and play 2 separate SACD .iso files using the Q10 Pro. 

I put them both on an SD card as it could not find my LAN (does show this as an option in this app).
They are both stereo source and the player confirmed it was playing a DSD file @ 2822 KHz 1bit 5644Kbps audio.
Pass-through was fine in RAW to my AVR.  Sounded very good!

For anyone wanting to play SACD .iso files, it is worth testing.  Thanks @m-i-c-k-e-y for suggesting this app.

Nice Monkey

• Loves classic movies
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: June 01, 2016, 08:01:15 AM »
[They are both stereo source and the player confirmed it was playing a DSD file @ 2822 KHz 1bit 5644Kbps audio.
Pass-through was fine in RAW to my AVR.  Sounded very good!

For anyone wanting to play SACD .iso files, it is worth testing.  Thanks @m-i-c-k-e-y for suggesting this app.

Are you sure output was really DSD? On my setup with an Onkyo AMP the player also reported DSD playback at the correct DSD format but my AMP told a different story. It just got LPCM in and Q10 Pro volume control intervenes. That is the real point to look not what the player tells you about the source format found.
Another way to check output is RAW can be done using volume control of Q10 itself. That should NOT work as it will be bypassed in RAW mode.
« Last Edit: June 01, 2016, 08:38:43 AM by Nice Monkey »

titis

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: June 01, 2016, 08:17:03 AM »
I find the problem when playing SACD DTS 5.1 .wav sound is slightly accelerated , how can I correct this?

Nice Monkey

• Loves classic movies
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: June 01, 2016, 08:42:43 AM »
I find the problem when playing SACD DTS 5.1 .wav sound is slightly accelerated , how can I correct this?

What are you playing exactly? There is SACD 5.1 which is DSD and there is DTS 5.1 but there is no DTS ever on an SACD (There may be WAV on the original CD layer).

titis

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: June 01, 2016, 11:08:00 AM »
thanks for answering monkey, is a dts 5.1 audio for queen  sacd in cover in his day was an .iso file but when decompressing the result are .wav files which were heard at the correct speed on another player . But listening pro Q10 slightly more rpm
« Last Edit: June 01, 2016, 11:13:56 AM by titis »

Phil181

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: June 01, 2016, 11:39:18 AM »
[ On my setup with an Onkyo AMP the player also reported DSD playback at the correct DSD format but my AMP told a different story. It just got LPCM in and Q10 Pro volume control intervenes. That is the real point to look not what the player tells you about the source format found.
You are correct.  The Android app reads the .iso but also converts DSD to PCM before passing the audio.  This is probably understandable as it was really designed for mobile phone Android use (and headphones).....

m-i-c-k-e-y

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: June 01, 2016, 11:55:39 AM »
- The APP crashes my Pointer Mouse when doing an EXIT from HibyMusic. Need a reboot to restore it. It is the only APP doing this. It still works fine when using HibyMusic.
- It plays an SACD.ISO image but output is 2 channel PCM always even when MCH on the source. The Menu shows the correct DSD sample rate with 1-bit for it.

On Hiby, If SACD .ISO has both Stereo and MCH, Stereo is displayed first followed by MCH (double entry on playlist).

With my DAC/AMP, Q10 Pro passes bitperfect signals thru USB. From 44.1Khz MP3 to SACD DSD128.

An app with slighly better SQ is NeutronMP (https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.neutroncode.mp&hl=en). However it doesn't support SACD .ISO files like Hiby.

Wished I could access the settings on UAPP or Onkyo HF (better SACD players IMO, but no .ISO support). It seems Android TV UI is different from that of Smartphone or Tablet. 

Again sorry could not help on the AV/Amp side.  Of which I could not test audio through HDMI.

Bought this for bedside music listening. 4K video was a marvellous plus.
« Last Edit: June 01, 2016, 12:00:02 PM by m-i-c-k-e-y »

m-i-c-k-e-y

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: June 01, 2016, 12:12:12 PM »
Actually I think your are right... I suspect that the Pioneer SC-99 can connect to, find, and stream  multichannel audio files (DSF or Flac) but it will play them in Stereo. I will verify this later today. Considering this, the Q10 Pro does NOT convert the lossless FLAC files to PCM without introducing some modification of the original audio file... thus the reason that DTS-encoded DC's in FLAC format do not play properly through the Pioneer SC99.

Your Pioneer SC-99 has two built in Sabre (ES9016S) DACs.

TRY THIS:

Plug a USB cable (2.0 or higher) from your Q10 Pro to your Receiver, Install HibyMusic from Play Store. And give your SACD/FLAC files a go.

Nice Monkey

• Loves classic movies
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: June 01, 2016, 12:17:24 PM »
This is probably understandable as it was really designed for mobile phone Android use (and headphones).....

It is not. In the setup there is a specific choice for PCM and 2 variants of DSD. It was really designed also for full SACD native sound. See also the SACD logo screen and m-i-c-k-e-y using it via USB. For a reason it does not work with Q10 Pro.

« Last Edit: June 01, 2016, 12:33:04 PM by Nice Monkey »

vanlq

• View Profile
« Reply #40 on: June 02, 2016, 03:02:13 PM »
By default music player not recognize SACD (.iso file). So I used to HibyMusic app to replace it.
I follow this guide: http://baiviet.top/himedia-q10-q5-pro-are-first-player-support-sacd-dsf-dff/  and working expect
You can view it.

ppoulos

• View Profile
« Reply #41 on: June 02, 2016, 03:35:25 PM »

TRY THIS:

Plug a USB cable (2.0 or higher) from your Q10 Pro to your Receiver, Install HibyMusic from Play Store. And give your SACD/FLAC files a go.

OKAY, I will give that a try and report back this weekend... Thanks for the suggestion.

ppoulos

• View Profile
« Reply #42 on: June 04, 2016, 03:52:48 AM »

TRY THIS:

I could not get HibyMusic to send the DSF files directly to the USB-DAC input of the Pioneer SC-99 Receiver. It only sent the music decoded by the OS through the HDMI output. AM I doing something wrong?

vanlq

• View Profile
« Reply #43 on: June 04, 2016, 06:25:16 AM »

TRY THIS:

I could not get HibyMusic to send the DSF files directly to the USB-DAC input of the Pioneer SC-99 Receiver. It only sent the music decoded by the OS through the HDMI output. AM I doing something wrong?

When you run Hibymusic that appear message then you should press OK immediate

m-i-c-k-e-y

• View Profile
« Reply #44 on: June 04, 2016, 07:12:25 AM »
Hope this helps.

1. Turn Off your Receiver/DAC.
2. Install HibyMusic to your Q10 Pro from Play Store: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.hiby.music&hl=en
3. Plug a USB 2.0 printer cable from your Q10 Pro (use side the USB(A) sockets of your Q10 Pro) to the USB(B) socket at the back of your Receiver/DAC.
4. Turn On DAC
5.  When accessing Hiby a popup will open. Click OK when HibyMusic says wants to initialize your DAC.
6.  Go to SETTINGS->ADVANCE and configure you're DAC (PCM/DoP/Native) by swiping your cursor from left to right OR use the settings button from the remote.
7. Use Folder tab to choose your music.

DELIVERY ∙ PAYMENT ∙ WARRANTY+RETURNS ∙ ABOUT ∙ PRIVACY ∙ FORUM ∙ CONTACT
© SDHDIGITAL LTD 2024