FAST DELIVERY EXPERT TECH SUPPORT
UK STOCK   2 YEAR WARRANTY
MEDIA BOX     DELIVERY INFO    FORUM    CONTACT
Zidoo Z1000 Pro

Ultra-HD 4K Dolby Vision HDR10+ Home Theatre 3.5" HDD Media Player.
  INCLUSIVE OF EXPRESS 1-2 DAY DELIVERY 

Author Topic: Q5/Q10 Pro is the first player who read SACD!  (Read 44324 times)

edy732001@yahoo.com

• View Profile
Q5/Q10 Pro is the first player who read SACD!
« on: March 13, 2016, 11:26:33 AM »
I want to update my HiMedia Q5 to Q5/Q10 pro because of DSD player capabilities. It will be able to play SACD-ISO format or just .DFF , .DSF? It will output DSD native or DoP? Multichanell or stereo?

futeko.com

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Q5/Q10 Pro is the first player who read SACD!
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2016, 11:12:56 AM »
I have requested an answer from HiMedia and will post it here when we have it.

jx

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2016, 02:15:10 AM »

Nice Monkey

• Loves classic movies
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2016, 04:05:51 AM »
It is in Beta stage now. Many things not implemented yet and lots of bugs to be fixed. If firmware releases come out quick addressing those gradually then it should be fine. we need to wait and see for that.

m-i-c-k-e-y

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 26, 2016, 09:58:11 AM »
I have attached my DSD capable DAC via USB and can confir its plays DSD . DoP or Native seems dependent on App and Hardware.

Mine playing DSD128 via DoP in Neutron MP. Cannot access settings on UAPP, Onkyo HF and Hiby.

Here is a pic using my Geek Pulse Infinity playing a DSD128 file using Neutron MP

jx

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 26, 2016, 07:19:16 PM »
I have attached my DSD capable DAC via USB and can confir its plays DSD . DoP or Native seems dependent on App and Hardware.
yep, of course, I had seen your interesting post about this test but I meant SACD / DSD output out-of-the-box w/out any USB DAC (which probably costs xx times the price of the Q10, doesn'it? ;))

jx

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 26, 2016, 07:23:07 PM »
It is in Beta stage now. Many things not implemented yet and lots of bugs to be fixed. If firmware releases come out quick addressing those gradually then it should be fine. we need to wait and see for that.
I can understand this BUT futeko should not advertise this as long as it is not implemented, then (and/or put a remark *** in a future firmware release).
(imo)

UHD

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 26, 2016, 08:47:31 PM »

Mine playing DSD128 via DoP in Neutron MP. Cannot access settings on UAPP, Onkyo HF and Hiby.

I am unable to play multichanel 5.1 DSD 128 though ... are you ?

futeko.com

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 27, 2016, 10:43:39 AM »
I can understand this BUT futeko should not advertise this as long as it is not implemented, then (and/or put a remark *** in a future firmware release).
(imo)

I fully agree.

We asked HiMedia specifically about this and they said it was supported. That it isn't is a surprise to us.

We have mentioned it to HiMedia and they're looking into it. When I have more info I'll post it here.

m-i-c-k-e-y

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 27, 2016, 11:43:17 AM »

I am unable to play multichanel 5.1 DSD 128 though ... are you ?

Nope (due to hardware limitation), I have a stereo DAC not multi channel. Although I have multichannel SACD materials all the way to DSD256. I could be able to play multichannel DSD but output is still Stereo.

Tried the test also.

Removed my DAC and played thru the Internal Media Player and Neutron some .dsd , .dff and sacd-iso materials: NADA (for now, for they say a firmware upgrade is in the works)

The internal Media Player can't also see the files. Neutron can't play it.
« Last Edit: April 27, 2016, 12:03:19 PM by m-i-c-k-e-y »

stack

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 29, 2016, 03:47:42 PM »
Hi futeko, did you received any answer about SACD Iso play?

Phil181

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 30, 2016, 08:34:39 AM »
The Q10 Pro does play high bit-rate FLAC files, including 88.2Khz (from SACD) and also 192Khz (from Blu-ray Pure Audio) as I have tested these when I finally got bitstreaming to work correctly (with the latest firmware).

It is a simple process to convert from SACD .iso image to lossless FLAC at the same bitrate using FooBar add-in. 

stack

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 30, 2016, 10:27:00 AM »
It was announced that the player will support SACD.iso, so any additional conversation to flac is nonsense for me.
It will be better to add iso support in next firmware as it should be.

Nice Monkey

• Loves classic movies
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 30, 2016, 10:55:22 AM »
The Q10 Pro does play high bit-rate FLAC files, including 88.2Khz (from SACD) and also 192Khz (from Blu-ray Pure Audio) as I have tested these when I finally got bitstreaming to work correctly (with the latest firmware).

It is a simple process to convert from SACD .iso image to lossless FLAC at the same bitrate using FooBar add-in.

Yes but DSD is lost that way. You may not believe in the method but it is available on the source.

ppoulos

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 30, 2016, 12:26:08 PM »

Yes it plays lossless FLAC files, but only Stereo files NOT multichannel FLAC files. And it does some processing (at least KODI does) so multi-channel DTS encoded CD's in  FLAC stereo format also do not play correctly. Am I missing something in the System or Kodi setup to make this work?

DELIVERY    WARRANTY / RETURNS    PAYMENT    ABOUT
Privacy Policy. © SDHDIGITAL LTD 2021