United States
FAST DELIVERY ∙ EXPERT TECH SUPPORT
UK STOCK ∙ 2 YEAR WARRANTY
Dune HD Pro One 8K Plus
8K Dolby Vision & HDR10+ Media Player with 2.5" HDD rack.
  INCLUDES EXPRESS 2-4 DAY DELIVERY 

Author Topic: Best settings Dune Pro Vision 4K Solo  (Read 15438 times)

Montejo81

• View Profile
Best settings Dune Pro Vision 4K Solo
« on: March 05, 2021, 08:52:13 AM »
Good morning, I received yesterday the Dune that I bought from you but I cannot find some optimal settings for my LG Oled B7 television.
The colors in the .iso menus are off, the reproduction is somewhat better but it still lacks some vividness in the colors and I am sure it is due to some flaw in the video configuration.
Later when I am watching a movie and I give it to advance or skip to the next chapter, the screen always stays black for about 5 seconds until the image comes out again.
I would ask you please to tell me the best settings for all the sections:

Maximum video mode:
Auto frame rate:
Auto resolution:
HDR and Dolby Vision settings:
Advanced settings:

I apologize as I do not know English and I have used the Google translator.

Thank you very much in advance.

futeko.com

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Best settings Dune Pro Vision 4K Solo
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2021, 10:05:51 AM »
You don't say what the source material is? 1080P, 4K? HDR10? Dolby Vision?

In general, for that LG TV (4K DV+HDR10):

Maximum video mode: Auto (should display at 4K 2160p 60Hz on your TV - if not you could force it. if you play a lot of 23Hz source content you could set 4K 2160p 23Hz here to reduce display resyncs, possible the cause of the black screen on chapter skips)
Auto frame rate: All
Auto resolution: Disabled (all video will be scaled by the player to 4K - if you want 720p/1080p video to display at source resolution then enable this)
- HDR processing mode: Auto (you could force Dolby Vision VS10 here if video is not full DV)
- Dolby Vision output mode: STD DV (your TV is DV compatible so you want full DV for DV content. LLDV DV converts DV into whatever the closest thing your TV supports)
- Dolby Vision 4Kp50/60: Enabled
Advanced settings (this is where i think the colour problem comes from):
- Max HDMI color depth: Auto (should set to 12bit with your TV - if not you could force it)
- Preferred HDMI color depth: Maximum
- Chroma subsampling for 4Kp50/60 8-bit: 4:2:0
- Chroma subsampling for 4Kp50/60 12-bit: 4:2:0
- Chroma subsampling for 4Kp24/30 12-bit: 4:4:4
- Chroma subsampling for non-4K 12bit: 4:4:4

Montejo81

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2021, 10:39:25 AM »

Maximum video mode: Auto (should display at 4K 2160p 60Hz on your TV - if not you could force it. if you play a lot of 23Hz source content you could set 4K 2160p 23Hz here to reduce display resyncs, possible the cause of the black screen on chapter skips)
Auto resolution: Disabled (all video will be scaled by the player to 4K - if you want 720p/1080p video to display at source resolution then enable this)
- HDR processing mode: Auto (you could force Dolby Vision VS10 here if video is not full DV)
- Dolby Vision output mode: STD DV (your TV is DV compatible so you want full DV for DV content. LLDV DV converts DV into whatever the closest thing your TV supports)
- Max HDMI color depth: Auto (should set to 12bit with your TV - if not you could force it)
Thank you very much for your reply.

I do not always see the same type of content, I consume all types both in 1080 and 4K and Dolby Vision.

Is it necessary to change the settings depending on the quality of the content?

futeko.com

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2021, 01:42:17 PM »
The settings above should work correctly for all content.

I only asked what content because colour reproduction will be different according to settings for that content.

Montejo81

• View Profile
Re: Los mejores ajustes Dune Pro Vision 4K Solo
« Reply #4 on: March 05, 2021, 03:05:52 PM »
The settings above should work correctly for all content.

I only asked what content because colour reproduction will be different according to settings for that content.

Well, I have configured everything with the settings that have been indicated to me and I continue with the same problems.
Dull colors in the movie menus and black refreshment screens every time I advance the movie or change the chapter with the remote.

I have tried two different hdmi cables and it is not the problem either.

futeko.com

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 05, 2021, 08:37:46 PM »
I should have mentioned this first, but make sure you are running the latest firmware: Setting - Miscellaneous - Firmware Upgrade - Check available updates.

See here for latest firmware changelog: https://dune-hd.com/firmware/provision4ksolo/

Montejo81

• View Profile
Re: Los mejores ajustes Dune Pro Vision 4K Solo
« Reply #6 on: March 08, 2021, 08:05:38 AM »
I should have mentioned this first, but make sure you are running the latest firmware: Setting - Miscellaneous - Firmware Upgrade - Check available updates.

See here for latest firmware changelog: https://dune-hd.com/firmware/provision4ksolo/

The latest firmware is installed, it is the first thing the Dune did as soon as it connected. But everything remains the same.

futeko.com

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 08, 2021, 11:40:40 AM »
Latest beta FW, 210227_1631_r17?

Yop16

• View Profile
Best settings
« Reply #8 on: March 09, 2021, 08:03:58 AM »
Hello i,m need the best settings to Panasonic gz950 to marantz 8015 and sony AF9 thx

Montejo81

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 09, 2021, 10:09:59 AM »
Latest beta FW, 210227_1631_r17?

Installed that beta version and everything remains the same.
I have it connected through a Denon 2400 AVR, I don't know if that's why it will have a problem with screenshots, but I have another player the Sinclair Spectrum that also supports Dolby Vision and HDR for full and isos and I don't have this problem.
The truth is that it is starting to be a little desperate, because I am in a Telegram group that has several people this same Dune with the same configuration and they do not have this problem.
I don't know if the unit is faulty.

futeko.com

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 09, 2021, 11:37:37 AM »
Does it work as expected with the Dune connected direct to the TV (removing the AVR)?

In that AVR settings there is a switch for 'enhanced mode' support on the HDMI ports. This should be enabled:

http://manuals.denon.com/AVRX2400H/EU/EN/DRDZSYzvebvotm.php

futeko.com

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Best settings
« Reply #11 on: March 09, 2021, 11:40:17 AM »
Hello i,m need the best settings to Panasonic gz950 to marantz 8015 and sony AF9 thx

For a Dolby Vision and HDR10+ compatible TV (as the Panasonic is) I would recommend the settings in my earlier post: https://www.futeko.com/newforum/index.php?topic=5028.msg32689#msg32689

Montejo81

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 09, 2021, 03:20:23 PM »
Does it work as expected with the Dune connected direct to the TV (removing the AVR)?

In that AVR settings there is a switch for 'enhanced mode' support on the HDMI ports. This should be enabled:

http://manuals.denon.com/AVRX2400H/EU/EN/DRDZSYzvebvotm.php

The AVR configuration I have checked and it was already in the "improved HDMI" setting as I mentioned before, I have the other M 9702 player and it plays both HDR and Dolby Vision without any problem, it only makes a black screen the first time, which is when It does the automatic refresh change and that's it, it doesn't matter whether the movie advances or the chapter passes, the image is always on the screen without any problem.

I have connected the Dune directly to the Oled LG B7 and it does exactly the same, 5 second screenshots every time I go forward, backward or change chapter.

You will tell me what else it can be, because I have it with all the settings that you indicate and the problems are not solved.

I also have problems with HD audios, they are always out of sync for about a second with the image. The other audios without problems, but the HD always out of sync with the image.

Montejo81

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 11, 2021, 08:04:08 AM »
Dune has already contacted me and confirmed that the black screen problem is a firmware problem and that they are here to solve it.

OlivierQC

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 31, 2021, 02:34:42 PM »

Are these settings still valid or have they changed due to new FW ?
ZidooTutorials :
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCwz_OZWlielee6EoX_IFBgg

DELIVERY ∙ PAYMENT ∙ WARRANTY+RETURNS ∙ ABOUT ∙ PRIVACY ∙ FORUM ∙ CONTACT
© SDHDIGITAL LTD 2024