FAST DELIVERY EXPERT TECH SUPPORT
UK STOCK   2 YEAR WARRANTY
MEDIA BOX     DELIVERY INFO    FORUM    CONTACT
Zidoo NEO S

Professional 4K Dolby Vision Hi-Fi audio Home Theatre Media Player with dual ESS DACs and 5" OLED display.
  INCLUSIVE OF EXPRESS 1-2 DAY DELIVERY 

Author Topic: Subtitles positioning with Kodi on the Dune?  (Read 513 times)

Hann

• View Profile
Subtitles positioning with Kodi on the Dune?
« on: July 24, 2021, 09:14:25 AM »
Kodi seems to be functioning well for video playback for me. There is no brightness bumping for me either in HDR and therefore it seems to beat the internal player on video quality for me.

However, when in my projector I have zoomed the picture to fill up the 2.35:1 screen, the subtitles with Kodi are displayed under the video. How could I raise the subtitles to be displayed on top the video picture? I read about making settings in Kodi system --> video calibration, but that did not seem to help. Also there was information about pressing ctrl and I think arrow keys to position the subtitling, but I believe that only relates to using Kodi as a playback device on a computer. Is there a shortcut on how to raise subtitles with Dune or is it not possible with the Dune at all? The presents in the Kodi do not seem to help (= above video, below video, bottom of the video etc. With "Bottom of the video" the subtitles are on the black bars visible under the picture)

Thanks for any help - I would really want to use Kodi as the playback software, but if I cannot use the subtitles properly I best revert to the internal player with the brightness bumping...

Hann

• View Profile
Re: Subtitles positioning with Kodi on the Dune?
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2021, 02:02:16 PM »
It seems that this problem is related to me not being able to change the resolution from Kodi system settings nowhere from 1920x1080. I am sure I could determine the location of the subtitles if I managed to change it into 3840x2160p, which my projector is capable of.

For some reason I cannot change it however. Maybe some setting elsewhere in the Dune HD Pro Vision 4K Solo is prohibiting it?

Hann

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2021, 02:37:42 PM »
Some development: if I connect an external keyboard to Dune, I can adjust the subtitles position in Kodi with ctrl+ up/down buttons. However, the Kodi does not save the position of the subtitles, so one has to do it each time, even when opening the same file.

Hann

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2021, 02:58:19 PM »
I think I managed to solve this matter by installing separately on the Dune "kodi-19.1-Matrix-armeabi-v7a.apk". With it I can place the subtitles ok with the system settings and it also seems to remember the position of the subs.
Maybe this helps someone with the same problem, so I posted the resolution here.

DELIVERY    WARRANTY / RETURNS    PAYMENT    ABOUT
Privacy Policy. © SDHDIGITAL LTD 2021