United States
FAST DELIVERY ∙ EXPERT TECH SUPPORT
UK STOCK ∙ 2 YEAR WARRANTY
Zidoo Z2000 Pro
Ultra-HD 4K Dolby Vision Home Theatre 3.5" HDD Media Player.
  INCLUDES EXPRESS 2-4 DAY DELIVERY 

Author Topic: Q5/Q10 Pro Custom Firmware  (Read 1076159 times)

pcristi

• View Profile
Re: Q5/Q10 Pro Custom Firmware
« Reply #1005 on: November 01, 2018, 08:20:37 PM »
Plz anybody screenshots of CFW 2.1.0

CFW v2.0.8/v2.0.9/v2.1.0 use a same theme blue background / white icons as defaults.

HereIsTom

• Sony 55A89 Android TV
    • View Profile
    • Cybershot Photo Website!
« Reply #1006 on: November 01, 2018, 08:28:46 PM »
Thank you Pcristi for all your effort!
I use CWF 2.07 I oppose updating because I then have to reinstall and set everything up.
I mainly use Kodi to stream with subtitles.
HiMedia Q10 Pro | ATV 2.1.7 | Kodi 18.9 | Rii i8 Plus | Harmony Ultimate One | Pioneer VSX-934 | Sony 55A89 4K Android TV

Sent

• View Profile
« Reply #1007 on: November 02, 2018, 12:59:18 PM »
@Sent
Kodi with internal player is not support passthrough DTS-MA, TRUEHD(Atmos) in this players. DTS-MA output as core DTS, TRUEHD is transcode as DD.
Archos use android player so DTS-MA, TRUEHD need to be passthrough correctly.

And what i can do? Will it change in the future? Is there a option to change this to the Android player in Kodi?

Hi,
can someone please answer my question? I don't understand all the technical details. ;-)

Thank you.

Mount81

• View Profile
« Reply #1008 on: November 02, 2018, 05:51:57 PM »
@Sent
Kodi with internal player is not support passthrough DTS-MA, TRUEHD(Atmos) in this players. DTS-MA output as core DTS, TRUEHD is transcode as DD.

And what i can do? Will it change in the future? Is there a option to change this to the Android player in Kodi?

Hi,
can someone please answer my question? I don't understand all the technical details. ;-)

Thank you.

You've got the suggestion to try Archos Player, so what are you waiting for? KODI is a no-go for HD audio, and that will not change for HiMedia Boxes.
Saying-so, exclude of -maybe- better subtitle options, there aren't really any format or PQ benefits with Archos compared to the stock HiMedia Player as it uses the same stock Playback engine...
« Last Edit: November 02, 2018, 05:56:59 PM by Mount81 »

SteveFJR

• View Profile
« Reply #1009 on: November 02, 2018, 08:43:42 PM »
I have downloaded 2.0.9 and 2.1.0 changed the map name to update.zip but cannot install update on my Q10, what am I doing wrong?

Sent

• View Profile
« Reply #1010 on: November 03, 2018, 12:54:03 PM »
@Sent

Hi,

Thank you.

You've got the suggestion to try Archos Player, so what are you waiting for? KODI is a no-go for HD audio, and that will not change for HiMedia Boxes.
Saying-so, exclude of -maybe- better subtitle options, there aren't really any format or PQ benefits with Archos compared to the stock HiMedia Player as it uses the same stock Playback engine...

Hi,
thank you for your answer.

I don't understand why Kodi and Archos not using the same internal player...because it's on the same Himedia Box. You know what i mean?

Archos can't play subtitles over smb/ nfs shared folders over the network from my NAS. And i don't know why. I have access to the NAS folder via smb and admin rights. Same in Kodi. But in Kodi it works... I don't work with dnlh from the mediaserver. It seems that archos "find" the subtitles but they don't show.
Sorry for my englisch. I hope you know what i'm trying to say.
« Last Edit: November 03, 2018, 12:56:45 PM by Sent »

Mount81

• View Profile
« Reply #1011 on: November 03, 2018, 02:47:50 PM »
Nut sure if it will work, but have you renamed the sub files same as the video file (except the extension of course) and placed in the same folder as the video?

KODI is an completely independent "product" from HiMedia, so there are no cross-elements regarding playback or anything else, it's just the Android version of a generic Media Player, but on most Android media boxes it still serves just as Media Browser, juts like on HiMedia, because there are too much variables to modify that can't be done for each hardware equally, so it's playback options stuck at far from perfect. (Tho' have much better compatibility with PC, Win/Linux and Libre/Core Elec).

Some brands, like Zidoo or Minix have their own, specially modified version of KODI (ZDMC/XBMC) to gain most of the hardware features their Boxes capable of, but that's another story and won't happen in HiMedia front anytime soon...

Tip: those subtitle setting may have been hidden a bit in the Archos Player's menu, you may have to dig a bit more deeply...
« Last Edit: November 03, 2018, 03:37:20 PM by Mount81 »

LeoeL

• View Profile
« Reply #1012 on: November 03, 2018, 03:49:40 PM »
Some brands, like Zidoo or Minix have their own, specially modified version of KODI (ZDMC/XBMC) to gain most of the hardware features their Boxes capable of
Egreat too.

Sent

• View Profile
« Reply #1013 on: November 04, 2018, 09:50:14 AM »
@Sent

Hi,

Thank you.

Hi,
sorry for my "stupid" questions but i'm trying to understand ;-)

1. Why is HD Audio a "No-Go" for Kodi on Himedia Boxes?
2. I guess the i have seen somewhere screenshoots from Kodi Settings with different HD Audio passtrough settings e.g. DTS-HD and so on. Maybe in a Beta or in Kodi 16?
3. I know the Archos subtitle settings are a little bit hidden. But i think i found.

Thank you!

« Last Edit: November 04, 2018, 09:52:27 AM by Sent »

pcristi

• View Profile
« Reply #1014 on: November 04, 2018, 12:43:32 PM »
@Sent
I think you refer to my post
http://www.futeko.com/newforum/index.php?topic=812.msg25067#msg25067
When audio HD setting are available is not mean also working.
Why HD Audio a "No-Go" for Kodi on Himedia Boxes?
Answer is simple because for developer of Kodi rules are made by Nvidia Shield TV firmware and this what they accept as "standard" Android implementation.

LeoeL

• View Profile
« Reply #1015 on: November 04, 2018, 05:09:03 PM »

Sent

• View Profile
« Reply #1016 on: November 06, 2018, 10:05:41 PM »

wiking

• View Profile
« Reply #1017 on: November 07, 2018, 05:14:17 PM »
When i install cfw2.1.0 with kodi18 beta4(via settings-local upgrade) It works fine but kodi is still 17.6! must i remove kodi 17.6 first?

pcristi

• View Profile
« Reply #1018 on: November 07, 2018, 05:23:16 PM »
Yes. Please read my post from Integration between Q10 Pro and Kodi Leia
http://www.futeko.com/newforum/index.php?topic=3604.msg26169#msg26169

Gunther99

• View Profile
« Reply #1019 on: November 07, 2018, 05:27:07 PM »
Hello pcristi, thanx for all your GREAT work i LOVE your custom firmware !

I have a question, your latest firmware with KODI LEIA beta 4 works PERFECT with the wrapper en Himedia player but now there is a NEW Kodi
version, BETA 5 and this version BREAKS the wrapper ! Everytime i play a file with the wrapper it will play but it wil give also a notification that it is CLOSING Kodi ! It shuts down Kodi ! So there is something different with beta 4 and 5 ! I hope you can find what this is and get a working Kodi beta 5 because now i will have to set the PlayStore to NOT auto update my Kodi !

Greeting from Holland and Keep up the GOOD work !

DELIVERY ∙ PAYMENT ∙ WARRANTY+RETURNS ∙ ABOUT ∙ PRIVACY ∙ FORUM ∙ CONTACT
© SDHDIGITAL LTD 2024