United States
FAST DELIVERY ∙ EXPERT TECH SUPPORT
UK STOCK ∙ 2 YEAR WARRANTY
Eversolo DMP-A6
Digital Audio Streamer with ESS DAC.
  INCLUDES EXPRESS 2-4 DAY DELIVERY 

Author Topic: 7.1 Audio and 3D ISO in any version of XBMC/Kodi (HiMediawrapper)  (Read 171730 times)

futeko.com

• Administrator
    • View Profile
The instructions below give 7.1 audio passthrough and 3D-ISO support in any version of XBMC or Kodi on the HiMedia Q5/Q10/M3 4K3D

It has been tested as working on all versions of XBMC/Kodi/SPMC 13.4 through to 17. It replaces the internal video player in Kodi with the HiMedia video player app.

Once installed the HiMedia player will be the default video playback device in Kodi. If you want to use the internal Kodi player then you can by pressing the menu button (on remote or mouse middle button) and choosing 'Play using'.

It may work with an existing install of XBMC / Kodi but if it doesn't then you'll need to reinstall and run the patch on a fresh install.

Install instructions:

Firmware 3.0.2 and later

1. Run KODI, and then exit KODI by click the EXIT icon.
2. Go to 'My Apps' from home menu. Find 'Wrapper' app and run it.
3. In the top left corner you'll see 'playercorefactory not installed'. Select the check box below to 'install playercorefactory'.
3. Run KODI and you should now have 7.1 audio and 3D-ISO support.

Firmware earlier than 3.0.2

1. Run KODI, and then exit KODI by click the EXIT icon.
2. Download and install http://www.mediafire.com/download/73ydkv281c8dexr/himediaWrapper.apk.
3. Run the newly installed app. In the top left corner you'll see 'playercorefactory not installed'. Select the check box below to 'install playercorefactory'.
3. Run KODI and you should now have 7.1 audio and 3D-ISO support.

Uninstall instructions:

Install ES File Explorer and change settings-display so you can view hidden files. Navigate to sdcard/Android/data/org.xbmc.kodi/files/.kodi/userdata/. Delete the playercorefactory.xml file.
« Last Edit: December 03, 2015, 10:03:15 AM by futeko.com »

looun

• View Profile
    • himedia Pro Blog
Re: 7.1 Audio and 3D ISO in any version of XBMC/Kodi
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2015, 03:08:41 PM »
Dolby-TrueHD passthrough still not work iso and mkv :-\, DTS-HD ok!
« Last Edit: January 29, 2015, 10:23:22 PM by looun »

futeko.com

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2015, 08:32:18 PM »
Dolby-TrueHD passthrough still not work iso and mkv  :-\, DTS-HD ok!

TrueHD passthrough works in both ISO and MKV.

Try this TrueHD MKV sample: https://www.sendspace.com/file/z03few

Tested as working on a Q5 4K3D with 1.0.7 firmware and the playercorefactory patch applied as above. Q5 settings all on auto and nothing changed in Kodi settings from fresh install (Kodi settings don't matter because Kodi is using an external player).

I'm happy to test any sample files.
« Last Edit: January 29, 2015, 09:30:15 AM by futeko.com »

looun

• View Profile
    • himedia Pro Blog
« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2015, 10:25:54 PM »
Dolby-TrueHD passthrough still not work iso and mkv :-\, DTS-HD ok!

Dolby-TrueHD with Atmos   :o passthrough not work iso and mkv
Dolby-TrueHD work  ;D

Karl

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 30, 2015, 06:01:37 AM »
Hi-Media need to fix the Atmos problem - Because its an embedded feature, most movies will have it as the only HD audio option - this means more and more movies will be effected as it becomes mainstream.
« Last Edit: January 30, 2015, 06:06:03 AM by Karl »

BTomek

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 30, 2015, 11:38:22 AM »
Hi @ all
Karl is totally right. HiMEdia should fix this as soon as possible! Please make more presure if possible.

I figured out that if Atmos is embedded in Dolby Digital+ it is running properly for me (my Yamaha Receiver shows me that Atmos is active).
It seems only to be an issue with Dolby TrueHD stream.

@ Karl... If you have the Dolby Atmos Test / Presentation Bluray or the m2ts files of it please try to change the language to Dolby Digital+ and enable Atmos on your receiver.

Thanks

Karl

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 30, 2015, 02:29:35 PM »
Hello BTomek

I do not have an Atmos or Dolby+ capable receiver, in this case the passthrough should look like TrueHD as it is meant to be backward compatible. However when an Atmos embedded signal is present I get no sound. Some other manufacturers are apparently having similar issues but some fixes are appearing.

Regards
karl

BTomek

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 30, 2015, 02:55:59 PM »
Hi Karl,
I fully understand what you mean. But what I mean is that it seems to be an issue with the TrueHD format. A dolby digital+ is passing through atmos properly.
You can check this with following file: http://176.28.50.192/download_2d_trailers_crf.php?filename=hd_dolby_atmos_amaze_lossless-DWEU.m2ts

1. language is TrueHD and will be silent
2. language is Dolby Digital+ with Atmos information embedded. This will be passed through to your Receiver and the AVR will show Dolby Atmos on the display and in the decoding.

futeko.com

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 31, 2015, 10:50:48 AM »
HiMedia are aware of the Atmos problem and are pushing HiSilicon to update the chipset firmware to fix it. The solution is going to have to come from HiSilicon, it's a chipset problem.

I'll ask HiMedia again on Monday about a timescale.

Karl

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 31, 2015, 01:04:47 PM »
Thanks for your support, you don't get this from ebay sellers!!!

futeko.com

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 02, 2015, 09:38:57 AM »
Update patch to enable TrueHD ATMOS support on Q5 and Q10 4K3D: http://www.mediafire.com/download/8vxqqm5ja9svvie/update.zip

It doesn't need a new firmware install, just go to SETTINGS - UPGRADE - LOCAL UPGRADE and select the update zip.

maxk

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 11, 2015, 04:22:00 AM »
Your XBMC/Kodi patch only works for local media. When playing anything from LAN share (SMB, NFS) XBMC gives "Click OK when playback has ended" popup/error. Any idea how to fix this?

looun

• View Profile
    • himedia Pro Blog
« Reply #12 on: February 11, 2015, 12:31:03 PM »
Your XBMC/Kodi patch only works for local media. When playing anything from LAN share (SMB, NFS) XBMC gives "Click OK when playback has ended" popup/error. Any idea how to fix this?

(please note if you use XBMC/KODI to play files from SMB network, the SMB network should have no User ID and Password.)

it's nice to be have app/ for mount SMB/cifs folder or like  Kaba Bear firmware have SSH for mount folder  ;D

maxk

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 18, 2015, 04:57:42 AM »
(please note if you use XBMC/KODI to play files from SMB network, the SMB network should have no User ID and Password.)
it's nice to be have app/ for mount SMB/cifs folder or like  Kaba Bear firmware have SSH for mount folder  ;D
My SMB & NFS shares are not password protected, i.e. open for guest user, and Kodi can play it fine with a built-in player. It's only when this patch is applied it breaks completely.  Also, all of the streaming plugins are broken with this patch. Only local media is playable. I say it's not a good solution at all.

futeko.com

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 18, 2015, 09:05:32 AM »
My SMB & NFS shares are not password protected, i.e. open for guest user, and Kodi can play it fine with a built-in player. It's only when this patch is applied it breaks completely.  Also, all of the streaming plugins are broken with this patch. Only local media is playable. I say it's not a good solution at all.

Samba shares without password protection definitely play OK using this patch. NFS and pass protected Samba do not.

We don't support streaming plugins so I can't comment too much on them, but it would be possible to have two installations of Kodi / XBMC on one box. One with the Himedia player patch  and one without. I would suggest latest Kodi for plugins and SPMC for the patch.

DELIVERY ∙ PAYMENT ∙ WARRANTY+RETURNS ∙ ABOUT ∙ PRIVACY ∙ FORUM ∙ CONTACT
© SDHDIGITAL LTD 2024