United States
FAST DELIVERY ∙ EXPERT TECH SUPPORT
UK STOCK ∙ 2 YEAR WARRANTY
Zidoo UHD5000
Professional UHD 4K Dolby Vision Hi-Fi audio Home Theatre Media Player with ESS9068 DAC.
  INCLUDES EXPRESS 2-4 DAY DELIVERY 

Author Topic: How to play 1:1 backup for movies being DVD, BD, BD-3D or UHD/HDR BD in ISO's or  (Read 2516 times)

Harmonium

• View Profile
Hi,

I just bought a Dune HD Max Vision 4K. I managed to add a network folder (NFS) that is on my NAS. Now I would like to know what is the best recipe to play 1:1 backup movies being DVD, BD, BD-3D or UHD/HDR BD in ISO's or folders. I use MakeMKV as my backup software.

I did some 1:1 backups but when I choose Play (Menu) I have a black screen but before it asks me the change the current region (A B or C). I don't know which one I should select. B is the default one selected. When the Pop Menu appears I choose Play and the black screen is on and nothing happens.

I tried to play some movies I ripped but not as 1:1 backup and it is working pretty well.

So, what am I doing wrong?

Harmonium

• View Profile
UPDATE: ISO files work perfectly!

futeko.com

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Great. Can you explain what the problem was?

Maybe just BD region? USA/Canada should be A.

Harmonium

• View Profile
It is a copy from MakeMKV via the Backup option.
I choose Play (Menu). I can see the Universal Earth turning around for a few seconds then it asks me to change the current region. Default is B. And then a black screen appears for a few seconds and then the Pop Menu appears. I choose Play and then a black screen. I can ear that my NAS is working but nothing on the screen. I have to click on Setup so I can exit the player.

Is it some bad options of the backup with MakeMKV?
Is it some options in Dune HD?

Thanks.

Harmonium

• View Profile
UPDATE: Backup (Folders) with MakeMKV are not working... I don't know why...

Backup (Folders) with DVDFab are working. I'm trying the trial version! Very strange! I wonder what NiceMonkey would say on that!  ;)

Nice Monkey

• Loves classic movies
    • View Profile
Never rip myself any movies. Off topic for me.
MKV's are not 1:1 backups. 
« Last Edit: August 05, 2021, 08:33:32 AM by Nice Monkey »

Harmonium

• View Profile
Oh! I thought you were using MakeMKV. Who ripped your movies? Which software would you recommend?

fuschnick

• View Profile
Quote from: Harmonium
Now I would like to know what is the best recipe to play 1:1 backup movies being DVD, BD, BD-3D or UHD/HDR BD in ISO's or folders. I use MakeMKV as my backup software.

I wonder why you just don't keep the MKV container of your stripped down backup.

Usually we use ISO for a complete ("1:1") backup that contains everything from a disc.

LowDead

• View Profile
The reason DVDFab works for you and MakeMKV doesn't, I believe has to be with that MakeMKV bypasses protection. It doesn't remove it. This means that you CAN rip the disc, but the protection is still there and when you play it the protection kicks in and locks up the disc. What I don't know is what type of protection is kept (Region codes) and what isn't. I have encountered this problem myself and you don't need to do a re-rip, just use the function "Fix disc" in DVDFab. It takes a couple of seconds. After that you should, hopefully, be able to play the MakeMKV ripped folder/iso.

Source: https://forum.makemkv.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=3728

//LD

Harmonium

• View Profile
Quote from: Harmonium
Now I would like to know what is the best recipe to play 1:1 backup movies being DVD, BD, BD-3D or UHD/HDR BD in ISO's or folders. I use MakeMKV as my backup software.

I wonder why you just don't keep the MKV container of your stripped down backup.

Usually we use ISO for a complete ("1:1") backup that contains everything from a disc.

Well, that is what I want to do! A complete backup that contains everything from a disc.  ;)

caseyjones

• View Profile
Why iso's instead of .mp4?? MP4's are more universal among various players when on a BD aren't' they?

caseyjones

• View Profile

Harmonium

• View Profile
As I said, I want a 1:1 backup, a perfect copy of the disc.

DELIVERY ∙ PAYMENT ∙ WARRANTY+RETURNS ∙ ABOUT ∙ PRIVACY ∙ FORUM ∙ CONTACT
© SDHDIGITAL LTD 2024