FREE+FAST WORLD DELIVERY
UK STOCK   2 YEAR WARRANTY
MEDIA BOX  :  FORUM  :  CONTACT
Dune HD Pro 4K II Plus
Dune ecosystem Ultra-HD 4K HDR Media Player. Realtek 1619 chipset. 3.5” HDD bay. 2xHDMI video/audio separation.  £359.99  €413  $493

Author Topic: Z9X Vs Z1000 Pro  (Read 492 times)

Jack_Daniels

• View Profile
Z9X Vs Z1000 Pro
« on: September 05, 2020, 12:46:37 PM »
What is the difference between these 2 models besides the internal HDD bay ? Are they both functionally the same? Same inputs/outputs?

Thanks for any info. I want to order so need to get the right one.

Jack_Daniels

• View Profile
Re: Z9X Vs Z1000 Pro
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2020, 12:50:56 PM »

Sorry, forgot to add....can these players read ext 3/4 formatted HDD's ?

Jack_Daniels

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2020, 12:59:42 PM »
 RTFM !!

Yes it can read EXT3/4/NTFS/FAT32/EXFAT

futeko.com

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 07, 2020, 09:34:08 AM »
What is the difference between these 2 models besides the internal HDD bay ? Are they both functionally the same? Same inputs/outputs?

Thanks for any info. I want to order so need to get the right one.

- 3.5" HDD port Z1000 pro.
- Bluetooth remote Z1000 Pro. IR remote Z9X.
- 5A PSU Z1000 Pro. 2A PSU Z9X
- 32GB storage Z1000 Pro. 16GB storage Z9X
- The initial interface. Z1000 Pro has the same home screen as UHD2000/X20 Pro - more like a media player vs an Android launcher on Z9X. The actual apps - (Zidoo Home Theatre, Zidoo Music Player) are the same across all models.
- Full size RCA ports Z1000 Pro.
- RS232 port Z1000 Pro.

Jack_Daniels

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 07, 2020, 12:08:21 PM »
Thank you for the information.

How would the extra RAM be of use to me? Could I download a mkv file into that memory to play from for example?

The extra amps in the power supply must be for the HDD. Will the power supply on 9x be enough to power up a 3.5" HDD or must the external 3.5" HDD be powered externally to the player?

Not sure what the difference between a BT remote and IR remote is in terms of functionality/day to day use. Full size RCA ports are useful for getting sound into an older sound bar I guess.

Is there anywhere to see the interface on a UHD2000? Not sure if this is a big deal or not.

Never had a media player before - my first time. So not sure what is / is not a big deal to me.

Thanks for any heads up

futeko.com

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 07, 2020, 12:46:49 PM »
Z9X and Z1000 Pro have the same amount of RAM (2GB). The difference is in internal storage capacity. This is used for storing downloaded apps and storing databases for Zidoo Home Theatre / Kodi etc. If you use the box primarily as a media player and have a library that isn't huge (1,000 items+) 16GB flash is fine. If you want to download and run lots of apps, particularly games which are often very large, or if you have a huge media library, then 32GB is better.

2A is marginal to power an external physical HDD but it will depend on the HDD. Physical drives have varying power requirements and flash drives / SSDs are much lower.

The BT remote does not require line of sight to operate, so the box can be hidden. It's got a few extra keys also, but not having to be in line of sight is the main advantage.

There are a few videos on Youtube of X20/X20 Pro interface. This is an early version of that found in Z1000 Pro. It gives an idea of what it's like. Basically, it provides a more direct way to access the Zidoo media apps and is nicer looking. The underlying apps are the same.

Jack_Daniels

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 07, 2020, 02:28:19 PM »
OK thanks.

I see my error now - thinking of 32GB of storage as RAM rather then as onboard flash storage.

Cant really see how a BT mouse is useful in my scenario so thats not really a thing to me. Power to an external HDD IS an issue however - less clutter to run power cables to if it is internally fed. Stiff premium for this little luxury though.

Seems to be about it. Have to decide if I want to go as far as the 1000 Pro first time out the gate.

OK thanks for the heads up.

DELIVERY  :  WARRANTY / RETURNS  :  FAQ  :  BREXIT  :  ABOUT
Price in £GBP with conversion by Paypal (more info). UK+EU delivery includes VAT at 20% (more info). Privacy Policy. © SDHDIGITAL LTD 2020