United States
FAST DELIVERY ∙ EXPERT TECH SUPPORT
UK STOCK ∙ 2 YEAR WARRANTY
Dune HD Pro One 8K Plus
8K Dolby Vision & HDR10+ Media Player with 2.5" HDD rack.
  INCLUDES EXPRESS 2-4 DAY DELIVERY 

Author Topic: Q10Pro / Q5Pro / Q30 / Q100 Official firmware version 2.1.7  (Read 62526 times)

Mount81

• View Profile
Re: Q10Pro / Q5Pro / Q30 / Q100 Official firmware version 2.1.7
« Reply #75 on: September 11, 2021, 08:19:37 AM »
Despite the abandonment presented in the Thread, i will try with another question:

This FW + the software patch comes with a surprisingly working official Android TV YouTube app installed, but it's now a bit outdated version. I'm asking if anyone tried to install this newest version and found still working on the Box? I don't want to replace and thus loose the surely working version with over installing this newer, if it doesn't work well on the Box.
« Last Edit: September 11, 2021, 08:21:08 AM by Mount81 »

stl

• View Profile
« Reply #76 on: September 12, 2021, 07:10:50 AM »
Despite the abandonment presented in the Thread, i will try with another question:

This FW + the software patch comes with a surprisingly working official Android TV YouTube app installed, but it's now a bit outdated version. I'm asking if anyone tried to install this newest version and found still working on the Box? I don't want to replace and thus loose the surely working version with over installing this newer, if it doesn't work well on the Box.

Yes, you can install it but the ads in the official version drive me crazy. The app I use currently is SmartTubeNext
https://github.com/yuliskov/SmartTubeNext

Mount81

• View Profile
« Reply #77 on: September 12, 2021, 07:40:25 AM »

Yes, you can install it but the ads in the official version drive me crazy. The app I use currently is SmartTubeNext

So you have this latest version installed and it still works on the Box? I was suspecting that the version that comes with the OFW software package is may be modified to run well on these Boxes. (I also have Smart YT TV Next installed, but somehow I found this original YT ATV app a bit smoother to handle. It's hard to describe, but it just feels a bit faster and more "real".)

stl

• View Profile
« Reply #78 on: September 12, 2021, 10:03:25 PM »

So you have this latest version installed and it still works on the Box? I was suspecting that the version that comes with the OFW software package is may be modified to run well on these Boxes. (I also have Smart YT TV Next installed, but somehow I found this original YT ATV app a bit smoother to handle. It's hard to describe, but it just feels a bit faster and more "real".)

The latest oficial version works fine but I wouldn't be surprised if an older version runs faster

DELIVERY ∙ PAYMENT ∙ WARRANTY+RETURNS ∙ ABOUT ∙ PRIVACY ∙ FORUM ∙ CONTACT
© SDHDIGITAL LTD 2024