FREE+FAST WORLD SHIPPING
UK STOCK   2 YEAR WARRANTY
FEATURED  :  MEDIA BOX  :  ALL  :  FORUM  :  CONTACT
Zidoo UHD2000
Professional 4K HDR media box with XMOS ESS DAC, 2x 3.5” HDD, 2x HDMI, auto res + framerate switching, UHD/BD menus, Hi-Fi audio, linear PSU and Zidoo media interface.

Author Topic: Q10 pro not powering off/on via remote  (Read 432 times)

yalwaysme

• View Profile
Q10 pro not powering off/on via remote
« on: August 21, 2019, 02:16:06 AM »
Hi please help.

When I press off on remote or via power off app the q10 firs black screen but white light not red light at front. So can't turn it on with remote again. I have to unplug from wall socket. Any idea why?

Thanks.

stl

• View Profile
Re: Q10 pro not powering off/on via remote
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2019, 08:48:31 PM »
There's some app running in the background preventing the box to completely turn off. Try to kill the apps before turning off to see if you can find out wich one.

rollingrock

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2019, 03:01:55 AM »
Hi please help.

When I press off on remote or via power off app the q10 firs black screen but white light not red light at front. So can't turn it on with remote again. I have to unplug from wall socket. Any idea why?

Thanks.
I get the same but only randomly, say 1 in every 10 shutdowns.

Don't have any other add-ons except the Himedia default add-ons so it seems Himedia firmware is the root of this.

Joker

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 22, 2019, 06:31:56 AM »
Well if it’s a firmware issue, then everybody who is running that version of firmware should be experiencing the problem.

yalwaysme

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 22, 2019, 08:17:14 AM »
I've tried the kill all background app several times but problem still there.

pcristi

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 22, 2019, 01:07:54 PM »
@yalwaysme
If you use internal HDD/USB HDD disconnect all then see if still happens.
Between witch is last FW version  install with paper clip on your box and what is current FW version?

Joker

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 23, 2019, 02:48:14 AM »

There are a few things you can try, some suggested by others.

You really need to get the box back to basics, if it is becoming a major problem for you.
First thing is to run a few tests to narrow the problem down.

The first one is simple:
1.   After you turn on the unit, what if you do not do anything and just try turning it off. Does the problem still exist? If it fails go to Step 3
2.   If the first test works, then it is something else running on the box. I presume you are using Kodi; what happens if you don’t use Kodi and use the Himedia player directly. Does the problem still exist?
3.   If it still fails than you will need to try pcristi suggestion and disconnect all additional hardware, do a factory reset or (and) apply new firmware. Try Step 1 again.

So, depending on test 1 results; if it fails do test3, if it works do step 2.

Also helps, if you post more details, such as firmware & Kodi version. Other apps installed on your box!

yalwaysme

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 25, 2019, 04:48:25 AM »
Cheers guys  I factory reset and installed pcristi CFW 2.1.4 latest lighthome version and all working superb.

Thank you all.

stl

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 08, 2019, 09:04:53 AM »
So this problem started to happen to me today and I didn't installed anything.
-The problem also occurs if I turn the Q10 off after it boots without opening any apps;
-also occurs if I disconnect the internal hard drive and other external hardware;
-also occurs if I turn it off via the power app that's pre-installed;
-also occurs after cleaning the apps cache.

This has randomly happened before with custom and official firmware but now happens every time, I'm using the latest Android TV custom version.

tlchuan

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 09, 2019, 09:16:30 AM »
still occur some time

Joker

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 09, 2019, 04:50:47 PM »
This has randomly happened before with custom and official firmware but now happens every time, I'm using the latest Android TV custom version.

With the stock version of Android (don’t know if this works on Android Custom TV Version), there is another way to Shut down by dragging up the menu from the bottommost of the Home screen or dragging down to remove it. You can then select the Power Off option from the menu (right most icon).

Not easy to do with the remote control that comes with the Q10 (you need to activate the mouse option). I purchased a wireless remote mouse/keyboard, which works great, except the one thing it cannot do is power the unit ‘Off’ or ‘On’ (as it needs infrared). I have to use the original or my Logitech remote to do this. Using the menu option is the only way I can shut down the unit with the wireless mouse remote.

Can you shut down your Q10 this way or is the problem the same?

Edit: Although, you can select these tray icon menus when they are displayed on the screen, I do not know how you can turn them ‘on’ or ‘off’ with the standard remote. The swipe up or down does not seem to work with the standard remote, it is really easy to do with a decent wireless mouse. Well worth getting a wireless mouse as they are not expensive and are far better way of operating the Q10.

« Last Edit: September 09, 2019, 05:31:30 PM by Joker »

stl

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 09, 2019, 09:43:10 PM »
Joker, I know what you mean but that's only available on the official firmware. The custom firmware comes pre-installed with a shutdown app that also doesn't turn of the box completely right now, but it used to.

I think it's going into power save mode instead of shutting down.

Joker

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 10, 2019, 02:27:53 AM »
I don’t know if you want to try something like this, it is a remote control app for android phone (I think there may also be an iphone version). It might at least prove, if there is one way of shutting down the box.

It is called CetusPlay and does state that it supports Himedia Q10 (and heaps of other boxes)
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.cetusplay.remoteservice

Be careful if you use the clean cache and trash feature, as one user claimed it wiped out all his apk’s store on his device.

I might add, you need 2 components for this to work, one installed on the Q10 and the other on the phone.

More details here:-
http://www.cetusplay.com/

« Last Edit: September 10, 2019, 03:32:49 AM by Joker »

saltino

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 10, 2019, 11:08:41 AM »
It's a common problem, rewrite/overwrite last firmware and problem it's solved

stl

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 11, 2019, 04:37:43 PM »
Does a "dirty" install solve it?

Zidoo Z9S
Feature packed 4K HDR Android box with auto resolution + framerate switching, UHD/BD menus and Hi-Fi audio.
DELIVERY  :  WARRANTY / RETURNS  :  FAQ  :  BREXIT  :  ABOUT
Price in £GBP with conversion by Paypal (more info). UK+EU delivery includes VAT at 20% (more info). Privacy Policy. © SDHDIGITAL LTD 2019