EUROPEAN UNION
TAX/DELIVERY INFO
FAST DELIVERY EXPERT TECH SUPPORT
UK STOCK   2 YEAR WARRANTY
MEDIA BOX    FORUM    CONTACT
Zidoo UHD3000
Professional Ultra-HD 4K HDR Home Theatre Media Player with Hi-Fi audio. Realtek 1619DR chipset plus XMOS USB ESS9068 DAC. 2xHDD. 2xHDMI.
  INCLUDES 2 DAY DELIVERY

Author Topic: Alternative DAC solution to Zidoo UHD2000/X20 Pro (Dune HD Ultra 4K / Eweat R11)  (Read 13016 times)

MusiCManiaC

• View Profile
I will choose the Polish company MELODIKA cable, especially in these times it is worth supporting the native industry

https://allegro.pl/oferta/kabel-audio-2rca-2rca-cinch-melodika-md2r10-1m-6094879874

Only in this cable I do not see information about double shielding.

Nice Monkey

• Loves classic movies
    • View Profile
I will choose the Polish company MELODIKA cable, especially in these times it is worth supporting the native industry

Seen the picture should be a quality cable. Happy listening.
« Last Edit: April 11, 2020, 01:52:09 PM by Nice Monkey »

MusiCManiaC

• View Profile

Seen the picture should be a quality cable. Happy listening.

Thank You and write please, how will I know that I use sabre audio panel?

Nice Monkey

• Loves classic movies
    • View Profile
Thank You and write please, how will I know that I use sabre audio panel?
Very simple the RCA+XLR outputs on the back at the right are directly wired to the Sabre DAC. So no possible confusion there.

If you use these the signal runs via the Audio Panel for sure.  :)
Just have a look at the picture. You can even clearly identify the dedicated amp sections for XLR left+right and RCA (each also with a cutoff relay). Neatly designed board for sure.

« Last Edit: April 13, 2020, 06:09:51 AM by Nice Monkey »

MusiCManiaC

• View Profile
Nice Monkey I am asking for information -  How I will be able to get the Atmos sound?  Atmos is only supported via HDMI , so having sound connected with RCA if i want to see a movie with Atmos I need to change the settings?

Nice Monkey

• Loves classic movies
    • View Profile
Yes, you got it!  :)

For Music using Stereo via the DAC and for Movies using MCH via HDMI. Is a bit clumsy using an External USB DAC.  :(

Using UHD2000/X20 Pro it is a bit easier but still output modes must be changed for the Zidoo Audio setup (easiest using Zidoo Controller APP) + Changing the Input port on the AMP used.

Might get a UHD2000 or Zidoo X finally just for conveniency myself.  ;)
« Last Edit: April 18, 2020, 04:58:13 PM by Nice Monkey »

MusiCManiaC

• View Profile
Thank you for your help Nice Monkey, I finally got the RCA connection but, I have tried several configurations:
Music from hiby player via hdmi
Music from hiby player via RCA
Music from zidoo player via hdmi
Music from zidoo player via RCA
And to tell you honestly, I don't hear too much difference :(,Of course, I'm not an audiophile and I don't have absolute hearing :). However, I expected to improve the sound quality via RCA.
Perhaps this is due to the fact that my music system is not from the top shelf.

Nice Monkey

• Loves classic movies
    • View Profile

And to tell you honestly, I don't hear too much difference

A few things to keep in mind:
- Zidoo Music Player got ironed out the quality problems with playback. So hearing sound differences between HibyMusic and Zidoo Music Player is not to be expected. It is just a matter of user preference to use the one or the other APP.
- Hearing the quality difference for RCA and HDMI should be possible but:
.... The better the DAC within the AMP the smaller the difference with using RCA.
.... The better the speakers and amplifier part of the AMP the bigger the difference
.... It all starts with the source. The better the recording the bigger the difference can be. Use HD-Tracks or SACD as source material when possible. Cheap CD collection albums mostly won't do for comparison but in general quality differences between albums can be huge. As a curious example the 1996 re-mastered CD version of the first Dire Straits album sounds far better than the original mastered SACD!

Don't just listen to frequencies give attention to positioning and preciseness of the reproduction. Can you hear all instruments individually and are they heard in the correct positions with a full spread left to right?  ;)

Bottomline it is all about the weakest link. That isn't necessarily the DAC but for many installations the speakers. In my own setup it most likely is increasingly becoming this poor old mans hearing.  :'(
« Last Edit: April 19, 2020, 11:26:18 AM by Nice Monkey »

Nice Monkey

• Loves classic movies
    • View Profile
A surprise update for me now Egreat is coming with the A15.
Egreat launched the Egreat A15 which looks a lot like a Zidoo UHD2000 clone but surprise coming as an improved version of that already excellent unit. The weakest point of the Zidoo for me is the heat and noise handling when used with (dual) HDD's put into the slots. Egreat seems to have improved upon that part. Having a Egreat A11 myself I must say that they did for sure a better job already there and this one comes with further improvements in this area.
See the added section for more details. No URL given as they are all in Chinese.
Saw a price around €900,- converted from Yuan.

The really big question mark for me is the FW coming with it, but again one can always use the excellent HibyMusic APP with it using a Pointer Mouse. For sure that one works here again too as it does on all others.

Updated the Zidoo UHD2000 part
This after playing with that one myself for several weeks.
Even a lot more details from me can be found here:
http://forum.zidoo.tv/index.php?threads/practical-experiences-using-the-uhd2000-compared-to-z9s-usb-dac.78722/

Heavily updated "All you need to know about SACD options and ISO/DSF/DFF file formats" section as that is complicated and (mostly) unknown by many. It is essential though to understand why some SACD/DSD sources are unsupported, will not play or won't play well.
http://forum.zidoo.tv/index.php?threads/tutorial-sacd-options-and-iso-dsf-dff-file-formats.79385/
Moved next to a Zidoo location to make space here.
« Last Edit: July 09, 2020, 02:24:49 PM by Nice Monkey »

Nice Monkey

• Loves classic movies
    • View Profile
Connected my Amanero based USB DIY-kit DAC to my Z9X and with FW 6.1.05 it is now recognized playing both HD PCM and DoP DSD flawless. This using Music Player 6 which obviously integrates nicely using the standard remote control or the Zidoo Controller APP.
When connecting it reports nicely the brand found and which PCM formats are supported by it.
In fact switching between DSD64 and DSD128 causing problems using UAPP works just fine using MP6.  :)

I understand it is picky which DAC's are recognized. Seen the many updates products like USB Audio Player Pro (UAPP) did to get most working that is not to be assumed as common.
I think it is pretty safe to presume all XMOS and Amanero based USB DAC's will work. ;)

This is my last update as I actually sold my unit. Was replaced with a Zidoo UHD3000 having an integrated DAC which is easier to use as it works with Zidoo Controller or standard Remote Control.
« Last Edit: February 12, 2021, 10:12:42 AM by Nice Monkey »

DELIVERY  :  WARRANTY / RETURNS  :  FAQ  :  BREXIT  :  ABOUT
Price in £GBP with conversion by Paypal (more info). UK+EU delivery includes VAT at 20% (more info). Privacy Policy. © SDHDIGITAL LTD 2021