United States
FAST DELIVERY ∙ EXPERT TECH SUPPORT
UK STOCK ∙ 2 YEAR WARRANTY
Dune HD Pro One 8K Plus
8K Dolby Vision & HDR10+ Media Player with 2.5" HDD rack.
  INCLUDES EXPRESS 2-4 DAY DELIVERY 

Author Topic: Alternative DAC solution to Zidoo UHD2000/X20 Pro (Dune HD Ultra 4K / Eweat R11)  (Read 28842 times)

Nice Monkey

• Loves classic movies
    • View Profile
Hi Nice Monkey, i owned both himedia q5pro and zidoo z9s and used the usb audio player pro on both. In himedia i can access my pc via samba/network but not my zidoo z9s. Do you have any idea or solution ? Thanks in advance.
Frankly I do the reverse. That is to say do access my Zidoo (as a NAS running OpenWRT SMB) from my PC and other players.
The Z9S uses a lot less power and has a lot less security risks as there is nothing critical on the player and or HDD's attached.
The only condition is it needs to be wired via gigabit.

When more is known will also add today's announced Zidoo UHD2000 media player. Also that one uses similar high-end components with a linear PSU and a XMOS processor for USB interfacing.
« Last Edit: March 27, 2020, 11:52:04 AM by Nice Monkey »

cch

• View Profile
Thank you Nice Monkey for your prompt response. Finally i managed to access my network folder on my pc from zidoo z9s. It just that i've forgotten to input the windows 10 login pincode. Previously my network folder was mounted to Q5pro via a batch file from the computer. Hence the setting is different.
As for the OpenWRT SMB, it is too complicated for me and also unnecessary for me now as i do not run my Zidoo as a NAS.

dzesio

• View Profile
I'm very curious if the original Android driver plays any sounds via external USB DAC class 2 like Ifi iOne or iDac2 or any other? Nobody can answer this simple question.
I have iFi iDac2 and Zidoo H6pro and the music is playing through UAPP and it works well but the movies I have to play through SPDIF because through USB there is silence with Android driver.

osborn ronald

• View Profile
Re: An alternative DAC solution to Zidoo X20 Pro (and Eweat R11)
« Reply #18 on: November 25, 2019, 08:30:02 AM »
Thank you, Nice Monkey ;-)
I like quality music, too
How to connect Egreat A5 to external USB DAC like yours?
Using a USB2 Host cable  ;D Had to dig deep in my old cables chest to find one.  ;)
All my cables are USB3 today but the Slave side of those is not backward compatible.

That's it. Install the APP and that one takes care of all required drivers. Nothing else to do.
The APP is not TV-Screen/Remote-control friendly. That is the only real disadvantage right now. Using a pointer mouse is the way to go. Of course one can also connect a Smart-Phone to the DAC via USB as an alternative.
Controls/navigation works a bit smoother on Zidoo (Android 7.1) than on Egreat (Android 5.0) for me for unknown reasons. Feels more like HW related than caused by the OS difference.

thanks for the information...
« Last Edit: November 25, 2019, 09:03:11 AM by futeko.com »

Nice Monkey

• Loves classic movies
    • View Profile
As the original post apparently got lost during the forum problems/restore replaced it today.
Also included some updates at the same time.

futeko.com

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Thanks for the fix and update.

Nice Monkey

• Loves classic movies
    • View Profile
Updated the original post once more with HibyMusic experiences.

HibyMusic in fact is a real alternative to USB Audio Player Pro with even wider native audio format support (DST DSD and DTS-CD included). The big real drawback is controlling the HibyMusic UI which will only work via touch/mouse field actions. Any standard IR/BT remote is absolutely useless with this APP.
There is an option though to run HibyMusic just in Server mode on the Zidoo and HibyMusic in Client mode on a smartphone. That way the Storage and the Audio Playback (via USB DAC + AMP) of the media player is used controlling the UI integrally via the smartphone. Would have been a great setup if it were using IP but in fact it uses cumbersome BT for its communication.

For the time being swapped USB Audio Player Pro for HibyMusic (in Client/Server mode) as my favourite player APP.
« Last Edit: April 08, 2020, 08:19:06 AM by Nice Monkey »

MusiCManiaC

• View Profile
Updated the original post once more with HibyMusic experiences.

HibyMusic in fact is a real alternative to USB Audio Player Pro with even wider native audio format support (DST DSD and DTS-CD included). The big real drawback is controlling the HibyMusic UI which will only work via touch/mouse field actions. Any standard IR/BT remote is absolutely useless with this APP.
There is an option though to run HibyMusic just in Server mode on the Zidoo and HibyMusic in Client mode on a smartphone. That way the Storage and the Audio Playback (via USB DAC + AMP) of the media player is used controlling the UI integrally via the smartphone. Would have been a great setup if it were using IP but in fact it uses cumbersome BT for its communication.

For the time being swapped USB Audio Player Pro for HibyMusic (in Client/Server mode) as my favourite player APP.

I changed himedia for zidoo x20 pro and today I installed Hiby Music, the difference in the quality of music is huge :) Thank You NiceMonkey, I still discover zidoo, I hope I will be more happy with it than with Q10.
I am still wondering if from my configuration (Onkyo TX NR-696 + Teufel Ultima 5.1.2 + Zidoo X20 Pro) I can improve the sound quality by adding, for example, a DAC .But will this not be an exaggeration?
« Last Edit: April 08, 2020, 04:23:22 PM by MusiCManiaC »

Nice Monkey

• Loves classic movies
    • View Profile
@MusiCManiaC
Swapped my Himedia Q10 Pro for a Zidoo Z9S about 2 years ago. Was not a bad video player but Zidoo is more versatile.

As far as I know HibyMusic will not find the SABRE DAC of your X20 Pro and will output everything via HDMI only using the Android audio driver in 48 kHz 16 bit. Zidoo Music Player 5 should be doing a far better job there as it will use the DAC and can output HD tracks via either HDMI or Analog (audio setup)
This using the analog output of the built-in DAC connected to your amplifier obviously.

Adding an external USB DAC will produce a better sound in Stereo also with that AMP+Speakers using HibyMusic for sure, but if that is really better than Zidoo Music Player with the build-in DAC? Both will support HD Tracks in all common native formats. The DAC used by your Onkyo is the same as my Onkyo RZ720 AMP uses and is not bad at all either.

Only if you really play also SACD's then the difference is bigger as native DSD will be played by HiByMusic using an External DAC too. If it is worth the effort?
« Last Edit: April 08, 2020, 05:30:24 PM by Nice Monkey »

MusiCManiaC

• View Profile
To be honest, I felt a fairly big difference between hybi and built-in player especially with FLAC material and the equalizer in hybi.

Nice Monkey

• Loves classic movies
    • View Profile
To be honest, I felt a fairly big difference between hybi and built-in player especially with FLAC material and the equalizer in hybi.
Interesting! Obviously what you like best is the most important.

Could you explain how you do compare exactly regarding setup? HDMI output for both or Analog output using Zidoo Music Player? In fact you should be able to run them concurrently and do A/B switching on your AMP to compare.

MusiCManiaC

• View Profile
Interesting! Obviously what you like best is the most important.

Could you explain how you do compare exactly regarding setup? HDMI output for both or Analog output using Zidoo Music Player? In fact you should be able to run them concurrently and do A/B switching on your AMP to compare.

I have connected zidoo to onkyo via HDMI picture and sound with one output. Maybe the wrong zidoo and receiver settings make hiby sound better,Or maybe just himself is persuaded :)

Nice Monkey

• Loves classic movies
    • View Profile
I have connected zidoo to onkyo via HDMI picture and sound with one output. Maybe the wrong zidoo and receiver settings make hiby sound better,Or maybe just himself is persuaded :)
If you have a X20 Pro then you should use the Analog Outputs (RCA or XLR) on the right at the back for music (using Zidoo Music Player). Now you are using it just as a X20 (without the SABRE Audio panel).
Obviously the Audio output must be selected accordingly in Setup. Use a good quality RCA cable (double shielded) for connecting the Zidoo to your AMP.
« Last Edit: April 10, 2020, 10:06:13 AM by Nice Monkey »

MusiCManiaC

• View Profile
If you have a X20 Pro then you should use the Analog Outputs (RCA or XLR) on the right at the back for music (using Zidoo Music Player). Now you are using it just as a X20 (without the SABRE Audio panel).
Obviously the Audio output must be selected accordingly in Setup. Use a good quality RCA cable (double shielded) for connecting the Zidoo to your AMP.

Thank You for the information, I didn't know that :(, is there a topic about it in the forum? (futeko or zidoo)? because here we move away a bit from the discussion :)
btw I can connect it with 2xRCA cable to zidoo and onkyo or XLR from zidoo to RCA in onkyo?
And you write about such cables?:
https://www.amazon.com/Monoprice-XLR-Male-RCA-Cable/dp/B001VLW398

https://www.amazon.com/KabelDirekt-Analogue-Double-Shielded-Amplifiers-Receivers/dp/B00RXNVEAM/ref=sxin_4_ac_d_pm?ac_md=2-1-QmV0d2VlbiAkMTAgYW5kICQyNQ%3D%3D-ac_d_pm&cv_ct_cx=rca+to+rca&dchild=1&keywords=rca+to+rca&pd_rd_i=B00RXNVEAM&pd_rd_r=64d2cf36-86bb-4a12-8d5d-0072f36cb157&pd_rd_w=m1WXZ&pd_rd_wg=9SepM&pf_rd_p=0e223c60-bcf8-4663-98f3-da892fbd4372&pf_rd_r=5RDTTFNNMARX24H07Z76&psc=1&qid=1586524982&s=electronics&sr=1-2-22d05c05-1231-4126-b7c4-3e7a9c0027d0

Nice Monkey

• Loves classic movies
    • View Profile
@MusiCManiaC
Looks like an excellent RCA cable for it to me.
No need to use a XLR cable up to a few meters. For a wired headset I would use XLR though.
« Last Edit: April 11, 2020, 09:06:35 AM by Nice Monkey »

DELIVERY ∙ PAYMENT ∙ WARRANTY+RETURNS ∙ ABOUT ∙ PRIVACY ∙ FORUM ∙ CONTACT
© SDHDIGITAL LTD 2024