United States
FAST DELIVERY ∙ EXPERT TECH SUPPORT
UK STOCK ∙ 2 YEAR WARRANTY
Zidoo Z20 Pro
Ultra-HD 4K Dolby Vision Home Theatre 3.5" HDD Media Player.
  INCLUDES EXPRESS 2-4 DAY DELIVERY 

Author Topic: Problem external video files  (Read 6298 times)

hasey

• View Profile
Problem external video files
« on: July 11, 2018, 09:50:32 AM »
Box arrived last week - really excited as been waiting for 2 months - plugged in all seemed ok playback of films on network seemed fine - next step load up my IPTV Android app via Play Store and there the problems started - couldn't log in to my account no access to Google Servers to download it - yet Apotide loaded up no problem and downloaded ES Explorer and Morpheus TV no problem. Tried Morpheus TV extremely slow finding sources compared to my other boxes and when source selected film doesnt load and app hangs then crashed. Tried different ways of connecting to router wireless, through network switch and direct - sideloaded my IPTV from home network and hangs when connected up to service - You Tube hangs - its like the box has blocked external sources of video files as all my other boxes through the same router run perfectly ok.  I feel like I've bought only bought half a box because the internal player works well and impressed with that but the other part of it which I bought it for isnt working as it should and is not as advertised ! Any ideas or clues would be appreciated.
« Last Edit: July 11, 2018, 09:52:05 AM by hasey »

futeko.com

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Problem external video files
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2018, 02:09:46 PM »
Is Play Store installed? Many apps will need the Google back-end to be installed to function correctly.

hasey

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2018, 08:29:55 AM »
I assume so as I'm able access via the Android Apps section of the GUI and have downloaded apps from it to test them out such as Chrome  - which incidentally crashed !

futeko.com

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2018, 10:29:42 AM »
Play Store is now installed by default on the Dune. Dune have done this on purpose to prevent it running in the background and potentially interrupting media playback (although in my opinion this i unlikely - all other Android based media players have Play Store installed with no problems).

Dune have pre-installed an alternative to Play Store called AptoideTV. I think it might be this that you've used to install apps.

To install Play Store on Dune HD Pro 4K go Android Applications - Google Play Store. Once it is installed and you've signed in, reboot the box. I think it will fix the problems you describe.
« Last Edit: July 12, 2018, 10:31:27 AM by futeko.com »

hasey

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 13, 2018, 09:30:49 AM »
Update..Playstore is installed and been updated to latest version that runs on devices, and rebooted as suggested.

Have tried disabling Playstore and can see that it does affect App operation and re-enabled App works to the point at which they go off to pull through video from the servers - this includes YouTube, Morpheus TV, Terraium and my IPTV client apps. At that point they all hang and don't pull through anything.  I've even tried a direct HDMI connection to TV rather than through my Amp but that hasn't done anything. 

Any more ideas ?

futeko.com

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 13, 2018, 09:58:26 AM »
I've not tested some of the apps you name, but I am sure that Youtube and other pre-installed apps (Netflix / SPMC etc) work normally on Dune 4K. There are enough boxes with customers now that if there was a general problem with these apps it would have been reported to me and would be all over the forums.

Because I can't tell remotely what you've changed / installed in trying to fix the problem, at this stage I recommend a factory reset. Setup - System - Backup & reset - Factory data reset.

When it's completed try Youtube (Android Applications - Youtube) before doing anything else. Does it work?

hasey

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 13, 2018, 10:19:48 AM »
I think that was going to be my next step anyway  - I'll let you know how I get on !

microhunt

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 04, 2019, 10:39:20 PM »
Box arrived last week - really excited as been waiting for 2 months - plugged in all seemed ok playback of films on network seemed fine - next step load up my IPTV Android app via Play Store and there the problems started - couldn't log in to my account no access to Google Servers to download it - yet Apotide loaded up no problem and downloaded ES Explorer and Morpheus TV no problem. Tried Morpheus TV extremely slow finding sources compared to my other boxes and when source selected film doesnt load and app hangs then crashed. Tried different ways of connecting to router wireless, through network switch and direct - sideloaded my IPTV from home network and hangs when connected up to service - You Tube hangs - its like the box has blocked external sources of video files as all my other boxes through the same router run perfectly ok.  I feel like I've bought only bought half a box because the internal player works well and impressed with that but the other part of it which I bought it for isnt working as it should and is not as advertised ! Any ideas or clues would be appreciated.
[/quote

You need to load VPN app and it will work, as I found out the long way 4 hours later

DELIVERY ∙ PAYMENT ∙ WARRANTY+RETURNS ∙ ABOUT ∙ PRIVACY ∙ FORUM ∙ CONTACT
© SDHDIGITAL LTD 2024