United States
FAST DELIVERY ∙ EXPERT TECH SUPPORT
UK STOCK ∙ 2 YEAR WARRANTY
Zidoo Z20 Pro
Ultra-HD 4K Dolby Vision Home Theatre 3.5" HDD Media Player.
  INCLUDES EXPRESS 2-4 DAY DELIVERY 

Author Topic: Unable tp play UHD files + 2 other major issues  (Read 13088 times)

mdx

• View Profile
Re: Unable tp play UHD files + 2 other major issues
« Reply #15 on: January 30, 2019, 06:06:40 AM »
some of u talking about changing hdmi cables.. but still issues

how do u connect dune to to your system?

is there an avr between dune and tv?

does this avr support 4k pass through?

is your hdmi cable hdmi 2.0a compitable?

answer all those then decide if dune is faulty or not

microhunt

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 04, 2019, 09:46:37 PM »
Dear all,

I received a couple of days ago my box, after several months of wait.
Unfortunately, on top of the issue of the player being unable tp play UHD files - already reported in the previous post (I can only play 10% of UHD files) - I have to add that full menu does not work on Blu ray (neither .iso nor AVCHD) files, but only on DVD rips.
Netflix and youtube audio stutters continuously every 2 to 4 seconds.
I have done a factory reset + manually uploaded latest firmware with no result.

So far VERY VERY DISAPPOINTING, I'd say UNACCEPTABLE.
I still use my Egreat A5 which is infinetely better.
So far it seems a product born with extreme delay and an enormous amount of firmware problems....hopefully to be solved soon.

regards
Are you using NFS or SMB when playing UHD iso's. Also network cable needs to be at least Cat6 and Ideally Cat6A.

Also what spped is your NAS drive and are you using a managed Switch in Trunk Mode. I have 2 Dune HD 4K Pro player and never have any issues, all my files are ISO  backed up with AnydvdHD ripped to ISO on Nas Drive. If you use SMB you will get triuble with video pausing and nothing but problems. I use a Qnap TS469 Pro and use two netwotk cable going to managed switchTP-Link T1600G-28TS.

The benefit is when two boxes are being used in separate rooms accessing the same UHD folder you have no problems

microhunt

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 04, 2019, 10:20:34 PM »
Dear all,

Unfortunately, on top of the issue of the player being unable tp play UHD files - already reported in the previous post (I can only play 10% of UHD files) - I have to add that full menu does not work on Blu ray (neither .iso nor AVCHD) files, but only on DVD rips.

So far it seems a product born with extreme delay and an enormous amount of firmware problems....hopefully to be solved soon.

regards
Are you using NFS or SMB when playing UHD iso's. Also network cable needs to be at least Cat6 and Ideally Cat6A.

Also what spped is your NAS drive and are you using a managed Switch in Trunk Mode. I have 2 Dune HD 4K Pro player and never have any issues, all my files are ISO  backed up with AnydvdHD ripped to ISO on Nas Drive. If you use SMB you will get triuble with video pausing and nothing but problems. I use a Qnap TS469 Pro and use two netwotk cable going to managed switchTP-Link T1600G-28TS.

The benefit is when two boxes are being used in separate rooms accessing the same UHD folder you have no problems

microhunt

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 04, 2019, 10:21:31 PM »
Dear all,

regards

DELIVERY ∙ PAYMENT ∙ WARRANTY+RETURNS ∙ ABOUT ∙ PRIVACY ∙ FORUM ∙ CONTACT
© SDHDIGITAL LTD 2024