United States
FAST DELIVERY ∙ EXPERT TECH SUPPORT
UK STOCK ∙ 2 YEAR WARRANTY
Dune HD Pro One 8K Plus
8K Dolby Vision & HDR10+ Media Player with 2.5" HDD rack.
  INCLUDES EXPRESS 2-4 DAY DELIVERY 

Author Topic: Q5/Q10 Pro FAQ  (Read 190804 times)

Mount81

• View Profile
Re: Q5/Q10 Pro FAQ
« Reply #15 on: September 04, 2017, 12:30:09 PM »
Hello!

I have a technical question regarding the video playback capabilities of the HiMedia Player (for both Futeko and for anyone else who could answer): does it support interlaced video playback deinterlacing?! I mean both in the case of 1080i and SD interlaced video material.

Sure it can playback these videos, but is it capable to do the proper deinterlacing to result a correct PQ, as they've meant to be playback normally.

Is this already integrated and working in HiMedia Player?! :???

Thanks for the reply and any info regarding!

Tymber9

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 09, 2017, 03:59:24 PM »
Hi!

I have a 4TB  internal HDD (sda2) installed in the Q10 pro box. When I access the drive using windows 10 explorer over the network, the drive size is incorrectly reported as only 970 MB. I don't have an issue transferring files larger than that, like files 4.4GB. I just ignore the warning that windows or what ever file explorer I use. My issue is that I can't tell how much space is being used by my files and how much free space is left. It's pretty inconvenient to take out the drive or bring the box to where the PC is located to physically connect it through USB. Is there some patch to correct that? (Sorry I'm not to familiar with the limits of android.  :-[)
 Also, is there a limit to the number of directory levels and number of files that can be put in a directory. The reason I ask is because sometimes when I put too many files, windows explorer and other 3rd party explorers do not show all the files. They are there in the directory because when I try to re-copy the files, it asks if I would like to overwrite the file, but it is not seen in the directory.  This also happens to directories, I create directories and they will not show up when there are too many sub directories or files already in there, but when I try to create a directory with the same name, it tells me its there. No amount of refreshes or application restarts fix the issue. I have to physically connect the box or the HDD to the computer through USB to see the apparently invisible files / directories.
The work around I have found is making sure the number of files in each directory does not reach a certain amount. For example let say I have 40 files in a directory, when i try to add another file or directory it does not show up on the screen after I transfer or create it. But if I transfer out some of the  other files to another directory, the missing file/directory shows up. So as a workaround I have to make several sub directories inside the main directory and split the files between the sub directories. Its very inconvenient to have to always make sure I do not go over the limit. The funny thing is, Kodi and the the android file explorer see the invisible files, its just not showing on the screen in windows over the network. If I transfer the files/directory using the USB by physically connecting the box to the PC, this issue is not present, there is no limit to the number of files/directories I can put under one directory; all the files show up. Does anyone know why? ???

Please can someone answer these questions. Thanks!
« Last Edit: September 13, 2017, 10:36:04 AM by Tymber9 »

maelor

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 09, 2017, 04:59:46 PM »

WoW! How certain is this info?! Or is this just a possibility?! That includes Full DVD menus as well?! :???

It all depends on the Chinese holidays  ;D!
Zidoo Z1000 Pro | Firmware 6.3.40_G | Zidoo V9 AirMouse Remote | WD Red 8Tb HDD

futeko.com

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 11, 2017, 01:15:17 PM »
WoW! How certain is this info?! Or is this just a possibility?! That includes Full DVD menus as well?! :???

There is a private beta for BD menus. So coming soon. It does not include DVD menus, only BD.

Mount81

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 11, 2017, 02:28:11 PM »

There is a private beta for BD menus. So coming soon. It does not include DVD menus, only BD.

Great, and how does it function so far for the BD menus?!

No DVD menus makes the news duller, but would be much more primary, if we could get proper official DVD playback support at first and at all.

futeko.com

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 11, 2017, 03:08:44 PM »
Great, and how does it function so far for the BD menus?!

Seems to work pretty well. Similar to Egreat's implementation.

tomathew

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 12, 2017, 06:46:33 AM »

Maybe this is a stupid question, but please  need an answer. I am using the Wrapper to play my mkv files to enable full audio pass through. But while in Kodi I can switch to specific chapters within the file, using the wrapper menu controls(using the remote), I cannot do this. Is there a way to switch chapters while using the wrapper?

ceaca

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 12, 2017, 06:59:09 AM »

[/quote]
Seems to work pretty well. Similar to Egreat's implementation.
[/quote]

Working with wraper or just only in movie bar?

Thanks!

pcristi

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 12, 2017, 08:12:06 AM »

Working with wraper or just only in movie bar?

Thanks!

Integrate on new HiMediaVideoPlayer, so working with wrapper, movie bar, media center.

ceaca

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 12, 2017, 08:35:40 AM »

[/quote]

Integrate on new HiMediaVideoPlayer, so working with wrapper, movie bar, media center.
[/quote]

Perfect. \m/

futeko.com

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 12, 2017, 10:10:05 AM »

Maybe this is a stupid question, but please  need an answer. I am using the Wrapper to play my mkv files to enable full audio pass through. But while in Kodi I can switch to specific chapters within the file, using the wrapper menu controls(using the remote), I cannot do this. Is there a way to switch chapters while using the wrapper?

Not possible unfortunately.

Phil181

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 15, 2017, 03:57:55 PM »

If your mkv files have proper chapters included, it works with the remote to the next chapter.  Each FF push skips to the following chapter and multiple clicks can be quite quick.  It works fine for Blu-ray movie and concerts to skip the next track or so forth.  You just can't type in a specific chapter number.

kamphum

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 20, 2017, 10:08:25 PM »
Hi all,
Maybe it is a stupid question, but any help is appreciated! A year ago I bought me a Q5 Pro. My dealer told me it would update automatically. Allright, I received one update. My Android version at this moment is 5.1.1, build number: HMD-1.0.9 2016-12-14.190953. Can I update/upgrade to Android 7.x? If it's possible, which firmware do I need?

My dealer doesn't respond on this question, or advises me NOT to update (because his Kodi-build (automatic updated) wouldn't work anymore....).

Thanx for any reaction!!
« Last Edit: September 20, 2017, 10:11:28 PM by kamphum »

futeko.com

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: September 21, 2017, 08:57:14 AM »
Hi all,
Maybe it is a stupid question, but any help is appreciated! A year ago I bought me a Q5 Pro. My dealer told me it would update automatically. Allright, I received one update. My Android version at this moment is 5.1.1, build number: HMD-1.0.9 2016-12-14.190953. Can I update/upgrade to Android 7.x? If it's possible, which firmware do I need?

My dealer doesn't respond on this question, or advises me NOT to update (because his Kodi-build (automatic updated) wouldn't work anymore....).

Thanx for any reaction!!

You need to update to 2.0.4 then 2.0.5.

Q5 Pro 2.0.4: http://www.futeko.com/newforum/index.php?topic=2097.0
Q5 Pro 2.0.5: http://www.futeko.com/newforum/index.php?topic=2290.0

kamphum

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: September 22, 2017, 09:03:13 PM »
Hi all,

Thanx for any reaction!!

You need to update to 2.0.4 then 2.0.5.

Q5 Pro 2.0.4: http://www.futeko.com/newforum/index.php?topic=2097.0
Q5 Pro 2.0.5: http://www.futeko.com/newforum/index.php?topic=2290.0

This was exactly what I was looking for!! Thank you!!!!

DELIVERY ∙ PAYMENT ∙ WARRANTY+RETURNS ∙ ABOUT ∙ PRIVACY ∙ FORUM ∙ CONTACT
© SDHDIGITAL LTD 2024