United States
FAST DELIVERY ∙ EXPERT TECH SUPPORT
UK STOCK ∙ 2 YEAR WARRANTY
Zidoo Z20 Pro
Ultra-HD 4K Dolby Vision Home Theatre 3.5" HDD Media Player.
  INCLUDES EXPRESS 2-4 DAY DELIVERY 

Author Topic: [PATCH] More auto framerate switching - HIMEDIAPLAYER  (Read 295009 times)

JediInlove

• View Profile
Re: [PATCH] More auto framerate switching - HIMEDIAPLAYER
« Reply #240 on: November 01, 2017, 07:41:28 AM »
Now I use the firmware version 2.0.6.

Can I install this Patch and what patch version i can use ?

after that HiMedia 24Hz setting i should set On or Off ?

Thank you for advice.  :D

pcristi

• View Profile
« Reply #241 on: November 01, 2017, 08:51:56 AM »
@JediInlove

Give a try on 4pda users report is working and usefully when use BD menu play options, HiMedia 24Hz setting is recommended to be set ON.

JediInlove

• View Profile
« Reply #242 on: November 01, 2017, 09:37:03 AM »
@pcristi

Thank you  :D

aleister

• View Profile
« Reply #243 on: November 01, 2017, 11:22:45 AM »
@pcristi

So you recommend for FW 2.06 with your Patch the 24Hz Himedia Switch ON ?

I have it off since 2.03 and everything works fine :)

pcristi

• View Profile
« Reply #244 on: November 01, 2017, 02:06:39 PM »
Hello @aleister

General recommendation is start with  24Hz Himedia Switch ON and user do a test to get what is best switch ON/OFF from his environment.
FW v2.0.3 is exceptions version where 24Hz Himedia Switch are just half implemented for this reason is recommended 24Hz Himedia Switch OFF with OFW/CFW  and 24Hz Himedia Switch ON for CFW repack of v2.0.3.

Flash3d

• View Profile
« Reply #245 on: November 26, 2017, 12:17:19 PM »
@pcristi:

Which line/number I need to change to add some pause when starting a movie?

#$dispmsp setfmt 0
      setfmt=`$dispmsp --help | grep $vhiplayer | busybox sed -n 1p | busybox sed 's/-/ /g' | busybox sed 's/  */ /g'| busybox cut -d " " -f2`
      $dispmsp setfmt $setfmt && sleep 5 && input keyevent 85 && input keyevent 4

My JVC PJ takes about 15 seconds to sync.     

pcristi

• View Profile
« Reply #246 on: November 26, 2017, 09:46:58 PM »
Change sleep 5 if need different pause time, don't remove it will increase CPU usage for no benefit.

Flash3d

• View Profile
« Reply #247 on: November 27, 2017, 07:56:46 AM »
Change sleep 5 if need different pause time, don't remove it will increase CPU usage for no benefit.

I changed "sleep 5" --> "sleep 15" with notepad ++, ran the batch file again. Seems to run the batch ok cause the player rebooted  but it didn't make a difference, what am I doing wrong?  Using your CFW 2.0.5. btw.
« Last Edit: November 27, 2017, 08:02:24 AM by Flash3d »

pcristi

• View Profile
« Reply #248 on: November 27, 2017, 08:52:38 AM »

I changed "sleep 5" --> "sleep 15" with notepad ++, ran the batch file again. Seems to run the batch ok cause the player rebooted  but it didn't make a difference, what am I doing wrong?  Using your CFW 2.0.5. btw.

Probably you have HiMedia 24Hz ON, so resolution is switch by HiMedia implementation not script. Please try with HiMedia 24Hz OFF to see if fit your needs.

Mount81

• View Profile
« Reply #249 on: November 27, 2017, 09:05:19 AM »

Probably you have HiMedia 24Hz ON, so resolution is switch by HiMedia implementation not script. Please try with HiMedia 24Hz OFF to see if fit your needs.

Is this how it works: if i turn On the 24p mode in the menu than the patch script will turn Off automatically? Or they just will hitch up and act unpredictable? (CFW 2.0.6).

pcristi

• View Profile
« Reply #250 on: November 27, 2017, 09:39:12 AM »
Is this how it works: if i turn On the 24p mode in the menu than the patch script will turn Off automatically? Or they just will hitch up and act unpredictable? (CFW 2.0.6).

To get perfect match between FrcInRate and FrcOutRate for majority of users will be enough to use just HiMedia 24Hz ON.
Some of as need more then HiMedia implemented and will start use this patch witch is recommend to use with  HiMedia 24Hz ON for FW v2.0.6.

@Flash3d ask for different pause time, script can't control HiMedia implementation so for this reason have to set  HiMedia 24Hz OFF, but from set HiMedia 24Hz OFF will get also mismatch FrcInRate/FrcOutRate(ex.video 23.976fps play with FrcInRate = 48.0 --> FrcOutRate = 23.97) witch cause visible frame drop if TV/AVR/Projector not corrected. Conclusion every user have test it and choose what is best fit for him for daily use.

Flash3d

• View Profile
« Reply #251 on: November 27, 2017, 11:24:46 AM »

To get perfect match between FrcInRate and FrcOutRate for majority of users will be enough to use just HiMedia 24Hz ON.
Some of as need more then HiMedia implemented and will start use this patch witch is recommend to use with  HiMedia 24Hz ON for FW v2.0.6.

@Flash3d ask for different pause time, script can't control HiMedia implementation so for this reason have to set  HiMedia 24Hz OFF, but from set HiMedia 24Hz OFF will get also mismatch FrcInRate/FrcOutRate(ex.video 23.976fps play with FrcInRate = 48.0 --> FrcOutRate = 23.97) witch cause visible frame drop if TV/AVR/Projector not corrected. Conclusion every user have test it and choose what is best fit for him for daily use.

@pcristi, sorry for the confusion but why would we get a mismatch with 23.976fps source when using your script and 24Hz OFF? This behavior is what your script is fixing isn't it?

pcristi

• View Profile
« Reply #252 on: November 27, 2017, 12:05:42 PM »
@pcristi, sorry for the confusion but why would we get a mismatch with 23.976fps source when using your script and 24Hz OFF? This behavior is what your script is fixing isn't it?

With FW 2.0.6 for this
25 --> 50Hz
30 --> 60Hz
29.970 --> 59.940Hz (1080p only)
fix switch when use BD/UHD Menu.

But you ask for bigger pause so can't have everything with work around by using this script, need HImedia to control from HiMediaVideoPlayer, like Egreat did for EgreatPlayer. Anyway to set bigger pause will get very strange effects on BD/UHD Menu.

Reelyator

• View Profile
« Reply #253 on: January 01, 2018, 07:27:00 AM »
« Last Edit: January 01, 2018, 05:54:02 PM by Reelyator »

macsars

• View Profile
« Reply #254 on: January 16, 2018, 12:41:14 PM »
"on Version 1.1.4 running on CFW 2.0.6 with 24Hz set to "ON""

Yes... it is working but I have an issue with it from the beginning.

HiMedia supports 10bit color with 50/60Hz
If I start a movie with 23,97* that will set back my previous configuration from 50Hz to 23.97* and downgrade 10bit color to 8bit.

...as I checked it with Planet Earth 4k HDR 10bit (25Hz) - it is working because it has 25Hz originally and it is converted to 50Hz with these FrameRate auto switching (50/60Hz supports 10bit). But with Sully 4k HDR 10bit (23,975Hz) it is NOT working because of this low level FrameRate switch.

Do you have any idea how can we send a 10bit movie with 23,97* to the HiMedia without color downgrade?
THX

DELIVERY ∙ PAYMENT ∙ WARRANTY+RETURNS ∙ ABOUT ∙ PRIVACY ∙ FORUM ∙ CONTACT
© SDHDIGITAL LTD 2024