United States
FAST DELIVERY ∙ EXPERT TECH SUPPORT
UK STOCK ∙ 2 YEAR WARRANTY
Zidoo Z9X Pro
Ultra-HD 4K Dolby Vision Home Theatre Media Player.
  INCLUDES EXPRESS 2-4 DAY DELIVERY 

Author Topic: 23.976 frame skips and microstutters  (Read 34882 times)

MikeDelta

• View Profile
Re: 23.976 frame skips and microstutters
« Reply #15 on: July 11, 2016, 06:23:16 AM »
HiMedia are taking the micro-stutter issue very seriously. But it is important to clarify what this problem is and isn't.

The microstutter issue relates to some users with some hardware (and only some - many users see no problem) reporting occasional stuttering with 23.976 material played via 23.976 capable TVs/projectors.

Cannot agree with it - MANY users have this problem, as you can read the related posts and comments at android-mediaplayer.de, kodinerds.net, etc... ! We all waiting for a solution!

Kind Regards!
Mike

Mediaplayer: Dune HD Pro Vision 4K Solo
A/V-Receiver: Denon AVRX4400H 9.2
TV: Panasonic LG G1 OLED
NAS: Synology DS1621+
Sound: Klipsch Dolby Atmos 5.1.4 Configuration

onyxx1995

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 11, 2016, 07:23:14 AM »
HiMedia are taking the micro-stutter issue very seriously. But it is important to clarify what this problem is and isn't.

The microstutter issue relates to some users with some hardware (and only some - many users see no problem) reporting occasional stuttering with 23.976 material played via 23.976 capable TVs/projectors.

Cannot agree with it - MANY users have this problem, as you can read the related posts and comments at android-mediaplayer.de, kodinerds.net, etc... ! We all waiting for a solution!

I dont have problems...or i cant see them :) :)...q5 pro + philips 65pus7600

Alter_Schwede62

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 11, 2016, 07:57:32 AM »
For me its over.
I m gonna sell my both Himedia Products.
It is not my hobby to wait for Firmwares, so that I can use my product in the promised way.

Thats no way to treat your customers, Himedia.
You sell a not ready product, and f.e. with the Q5 4k it lasts nearly one year until this product was made suitable/really usable for customers.
Nothing against futeko, he does his best, but Himedia...
Sorry Himedia, this is NOT professional!  :-[

The most important things, that after 2 months on the Pro still are not working:
- Stutterfree Mediaplay
- Autoframerate Switching

Two elementary things!  >:(
Elementary things means: Before I sell a product, these things should work 100%.
« Last Edit: July 11, 2016, 08:00:03 AM by Alter_Schwede62 »

PJDavis1970

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 11, 2016, 08:21:33 AM »
HiMedia are taking the micro-stutter issue very seriously.

The will and technical capability are both there.

Just quoting these comments about HiMedia.

Now a quote on hi media About page

R&D
The 50 English-speaking R&D engineers are ready to put their nine years of experience to use on your OEM/ODM project. The primary functions of the R&D includes firmware design, hardware design, industrial design, structure design, user interface design, application developing and testing.

How can anyone believe Himedia and taking anything about the Q10 Pro seriously when they claim to have that many engineers yet after 3 months they still have not fixed simple things on this device.

I work in the industry.  I write mobile applications on both iOS and Android.  In 3 months I could write a semi complex app for both devices alone yet HiMedia cannot fix a few simple bugs..

Please do not quote they are taking anything about the Q10 Pro seriously.  They have made the product.  Made their money now cannot be arsed to supply the needed resources to fix a sub standard product.

futeko.com

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 11, 2016, 10:44:22 AM »
I advise you to wait another week.

I think you'll find firmware 1.0.5 is a big improvement.

Alter_Schwede62

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 11, 2016, 11:52:13 AM »
In my case too late.
The Q10 Pro is just sold.
I see, and the Q5 4k too sold.

O.k. Thats it.
It was a short pleasure.
All the best wishes!
Kind regards.
« Last Edit: July 11, 2016, 11:55:52 AM by Alter_Schwede62 »

Eriol

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 11, 2016, 12:11:27 PM »
For me it's not a big issue. I watch mainly bluray rips on a FHD TV. Movies are all 23.976/24 and 720p/1080p. I set Display to 1080p 50Hz and turned 24Hz on in Playback. I don't have problem with autoframe switch and microshutters are rarely visible (I notice about 1 per movie).

futeko.com

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 11, 2016, 12:39:57 PM »
In my case too late.
The Q10 Pro is just sold.
I see, and the Q5 4k too sold.

O.k. Thats it.
It was a short pleasure.
All the best wishes!
Kind regards.

I think your timing is unfortunate.

Developments in the next few weeks will cement Q5/Q10 Pro as the best option for highest quality possible media playback.

PJDavis1970

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 11, 2016, 01:49:16 PM »
I advise you to wait another week.

I think you'll find firmware 1.0.5 is a big improvement.

Fingers crossed.  I am just using mine as is because I still think its better than anything else I have.  I was planning on giving it until something new comes out which works and if Q10 wasn't funny working I would replace with new device.  Fingers crossed firmware is fixed soon as I do like the box.

frankie13

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 11, 2016, 03:02:05 PM »
yep my q5 pro is stuttering as well not impressed at a 120 quid hope the next update sorts it out

futeko.com

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 11, 2016, 03:44:57 PM »
yep my q5 pro is stuttering as well not impressed at a 120 quid hope the next update sorts it out

I've just had a look at your past posts and it's not clear what stuttering problem you are having?

You mention streams, these are largely dependent on the add-on / streaming service. There's not much HiMedia can do about this. Q5 / Q10 Pro work with unmentionable Kodi add-ons but this isn't their main purpose. There main purpose is high quality local (LAN / attached storage) video files.

frankie13

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 11, 2016, 04:49:00 PM »
 hi update ,it was my speed i checked it only 3.mbs so i reset my router back up to 30.mbs working fine , please tell me whats these microstutters then, also you say theres an update coming soon will THIS cover the Q pro 5  as well
                                 thank you

futeko.com

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 11, 2016, 04:58:53 PM »
hi update ,it was my speed i checked it only 3.mbs so i reset my router back up to 30.mbs working fine , please tell me whats these microstutters then, also you say theres an update coming soon will THIS cover the Q pro 5  as well
                                 thank you

The 'microstutter' issue is in fact two issues much confused.

1. 23.976Hz content below 1080p vertical resolution does not auto-switch to 23.976Hz mode. So 720p 23.976Hz is played at 50/60Hz. This inevitably creates stutter because 23.976 (or 24) doesn't divide evenly into 50/60. This is fixed in next firmware. All 23.976Hz content below 1080p will play in 1080p 23.976hz mode. All 24Hz content will below 1080p will play in 1080p 24hz mode. This upscaling solution provides good compatibility with TVs (most of which don't support native 720p 23.976Hz) and is the same solution employed by Popcorn Hour amongst others.

2. Some users report occasional stuttering even on 1080p 23.976Hz content with output set at 1080p 23.976Hz. User experience of this varies massively with some users reporting lots of stutter, some none, and some very occasional (e.g. 5 times in a movie). I think it really depends on content and TV/projector. HiMedia told me last week that they have identified the problem and this issue will be fixed within a couple of weeks. I doubt a full fix for this will be in next firmware.
« Last Edit: July 11, 2016, 05:03:49 PM by futeko.com »

looun

• View Profile
    • himedia Pro Blog
« Reply #28 on: July 12, 2016, 09:31:01 AM »
For me its over.
I m gonna sell my both Himedia Products.
It is not my hobby to wait for Firmwares, so that I can use my product in the promised way.

Thats no way to treat your customers, Himedia.
You sell a not ready product, and f.e. with the Q5 4k it lasts nearly one year until this product was made suitable/really usable for customers.
Nothing against futeko, he does his best, but Himedia...
Sorry Himedia, this is NOT professional!  :-[

The most important things, that after 2 months on the Pro still are not working:
- Stutterfree Mediaplay
- Autoframerate Switching

Two elementary things!  >:(
Elementary things means: Before I sell a product, these things should work 100%.
just for a sample:
 nvidia release after ONE year a firmware that support 23,976 for Shield TV ... ONE year after release public markert

wait  2-3 months for device work 100% is very short time

Alter_Schwede62

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: July 12, 2016, 11:50:23 AM »
Thats a bad sample, looun.

I have a Dune Solo 4k, and that supports separat settings for Autoframerate-Switching and for resolutions.
Exactly as I always was "dreaming/philosophizing" of.
O.k. It is twice as expensive as the Himedia Players or the Shield, but finally I am happy.

DELIVERY ∙ PAYMENT ∙ WARRANTY+RETURNS ∙ ABOUT ∙ PRIVACY ∙ FORUM ∙ CONTACT
© SDHDIGITAL LTD 2024