United States
FAST DELIVERY ∙ EXPERT TECH SUPPORT
UK STOCK ∙ 2 YEAR WARRANTY
Zidoo Z9X Pro
Ultra-HD 4K Dolby Vision Home Theatre Media Player.
  INCLUDES EXPRESS 2-4 DAY DELIVERY 

Author Topic: Total Newbie. First Steps.  (Read 13113 times)

dipak

• View Profile
Total Newbie. First Steps.
« on: May 10, 2016, 11:40:38 AM »
Hi. After all the positive reviews, I managed to get a Q10 Pro....delivery by 14th Mat (fingers crossed).
I currently use a PC to manage my Popcorn A-410.

I know nothing about Andriod boxes, or KODI.
Can someone help with a beginners install/configure/optimise set of steps.

Any help appreciated...I need to impress friends and family so that they can get some Q10 themselves  ;)

futeko.com

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Total Newbie. First Steps.
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2016, 11:48:07 AM »
Install wrapper: http://www.futeko.com/newforum/index.php?topic=710.0

Add your video source to Kodi: http://kodi.wiki/view/Adding_video_sources

Kodi will automatically scan your source and create thumbnails / synopsis etc etc.

If you have music / TV shows add them as seperate sources in the same way but choosing suitable scrapers (step 7 in the guide linked to above).

And that's it. It's easier than with an A-410.

One other thing you might want to do before any of the above is update Kodi to latest version. The pre-installed firmware has Kodi 15.2. The best way to update is to select the Play Store link on home screen, follow the instruction to log into / sign into Play Store and then search for and install Kodi. That way Kodi will always be updated to latest official version.

Alter_Schwede62

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2016, 12:07:36 PM »
BTW

With all other Versions of Kodi, beside the 15.2 final I had and have problems.
The last test was on Friday or Saturday with Kodi 16.1 and even the attemp to end Kodi was not successful, because it crashed after pushing the end button.
Other problems has been the cooperation with the wrapper. Again and again problems.
I use the Q10 Pro for many hours a day and each day, because watching movies is my hobby.

I only would leave the original 15.2 Version on the machine. No other version.

OlivierQC

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2016, 12:51:48 PM »
Hi. After all the positive reviews, I managed to get a Q10 Pro....delivery by 14th Mat (fingers crossed).
I currently use a PC to manage my Popcorn A-410.

I know nothing about Andriod boxes, or KODI.
Can someone help with a beginners install/configure/optimise set of steps.

Any help appreciated...I need to impress friends and family so that they can get some Q10 themselves  ;)

Hello,

I made some videos with kodi +  wrapper + skin titan, I hope you will find them useful. (see at bottom of page)
http://www.homecinema-fr.com/forum/multimedia-materiels-lecteurs-et-box/himedia-q5-q10-pro-4k60-hdr-3d-iso-dolby-vision-t30066999.html

EDIT :
how to Change skins
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9zYaGAsbBaQ

ZidooTutorials :
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCwz_OZWlielee6EoX_IFBgg

dipak

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 10, 2016, 04:17:55 PM »
thank you all....
the steps and the videos are good. I will keep them handy.

As it's Shakespeare's 400th birthday year, I would like to quote
"To be at 16.1 or not to be, that is the question"

:-\

dipak

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 12, 2016, 02:48:36 PM »
So, I receved it yesterday, and plugged it in and set it up on the networ. All fine.

However, when I tried to install the Kodi wrapper ......
1. its a pain using the remote and screen key pad to get to website...any suggestions for a keyboard/mouse pointer ?

Anyway, I downloaded the apk straight onto the Q10 box, and opened it. When I launched it it wouldnt install as it says playercorefactory.xml  is missing

1. How do I get this on Q10
2. What is the location of userdata directory?

Alter_Schwede62

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 12, 2016, 03:01:48 PM »
Very good keyboard is Logitech K400

You have to click "Install Playercorefactory.xml" then it is installed.
But only one time!

After that you can start Kodi, and play your movies via Wrapper with Himediaplayer. Its the best.

vectorx

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 12, 2016, 03:08:10 PM »
I'm operating my Q10 pro with a bluetooth Microsoft Wedge mouse and Wedge Edgeless keyboard and it's awesome with them, I had them just sitting around redundant and now they have a use.

The wrapper apk will be in MyApps/Downloads if you downloaded it on the q10 via the chrome browser, just click on it to install.

dipak

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 12, 2016, 03:23:28 PM »
thanks on the recommendations on the logitech and microsft keyboard/mouse.

Back to xml & userdata.

So, I open the apk from the downloads...it installs in my app list. I then "tick" it s it shows on my home screen.
When I click on home screen it goes to screen with three lines
Playercorefactory.xml not found
Install Playercorefactory.ml  <---- in blue highlight
Unistall Playercorefactory.xml

I press "ok" with my remote on the Install option, but nothing happens. I press it only once and wait. I reboot and do the same and pres "ok" with button on Q10 box. I return to main screen and nothing looks different.

Also, userdata directory...
The Android userdata folder is usually inside of "sdcard" so the path might be /sdcard/Android/data/org.xbmc.kodi/files/.kodi/userdata/
I can see upto .../sdcard/Android/data/ there no directory beyond that.

dipak

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 12, 2016, 09:54:11 PM »
Fianlly worked it out... it was racking my brains the whole day, like a buzzing bee...

So, "1. Run KODI, and then exit KODI by click the EXIT icon."
This simple first action was failing for me. THe big blue box on the left did nothing when I pressed on it. I though it would be fine, but seems like it need to run initally to create the userdata directory.
But ti would not run for me!
So, I looged onto the Play store and downloaded Kodi again. Then Kodi was workig and the wrapper also worked!

So, guys, if you are getting a new Q10 Pro, if the Kodi icon does not fire up, you need to re-install Kodi from the store and then all will be fine.

tia1974

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 17, 2016, 10:47:34 AM »
I tried to follow the instruction:

"Add your video source to Kodi: http://kodi.wiki/view/Adding_video_sources

Kodi will automatically scan your source and create thumbnails / synopsis etc etc."

but when I go in "add videos" I'm not able to find the internal HDD that is in the Q10  (sd1) where I have all my videos.
I see the sd1 only in the same windows of  "add videos", but when I click in sd1, Kodi opens the files without any chance to change something.

Do you have any idea?
Thanks

Alter_Schwede62

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 17, 2016, 11:59:16 AM »
With Kodi for normal use you need not have to go to "Add sources".
Just go to section video, then files, and then the internal HDD.
Thats it.

Next

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 18, 2016, 10:08:04 AM »
I almost convinced a friend to replace his PCH, but after using the Q10 some more I'm glad I didn't. The hassles are just too big and unless you really need h265 and the extra high definition there are no benefits. Even if they properly fix the frequency change issue, the wrapper doesn't play a lot of my mkv files, never mind older and more obscure formats, so I'll still have to use Kodi . That means I can't see them with the proper frequency. There is no stop button on the remote so you'll have to get into the menu every time, which is annoying me more and more. Turning off user/password on SMB is just bad. I've gone back to my old Medi8er and put the Q10 in a closet. I'll start using it again if the Medi8er breaks or I get a new TV.

vectorx

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 18, 2016, 11:30:52 AM »
I agree Next, the Q10 pro at present is bug ridden and I am hoping that the new firmware at least improves performance. I have 3 smart TV's and except for 4K streaming all 3 TV's stream meida via DNLA better than this box and the 4K OLED allows you to watch 4K content via usb and performs better.

Even my 3D blu ray players can stream all my 1080p mkvs at the correct framerate. I wouldn't recommend the Q10 pro to anyone with its current firmware and wrapper. I am despertaely hoping that a new firmware appears soon, it was supposed to be last week. I keep checking here and himedia's site daily.

tia1974

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 18, 2016, 01:37:28 PM »
With Kodi for normal use you need not have to go to "Add sources".
Just go to section video, then files, and then the internal HDD.
Thats it.

When I go in videos - file - sda1 (that is my internal HDD, NTFS formatted) I have the list of my films, but I do not have the possibility (or I don'T know how to do) to link the film with fan art, plot and the other stuff that it is possibile to do with kodi. In my IMac I followed the instruction in the first post and I found the folder "movies" from the "add videos" path, and I was able to link all my films with fan art and so on and the result is amazing. Why I'm not able to do the same with my Himedia?
It's about four days that I'm working on it without success, I'm going grazy

Finally I found the resolution. I did it yesterday, i'm a real "niubbio" (that in Italy means less than a newbie!). I went in sda1, I selected the folder with movies (without opening it, this was the problem), I pressed the menu button and here popped up the menu with the possibility to check for the content of the folder and to assign it to movies, tv shows or music.
I hope to help someone who have my same problem.
« Last Edit: May 19, 2016, 07:23:18 PM by tia1974 »

DELIVERY ∙ PAYMENT ∙ WARRANTY+RETURNS ∙ ABOUT ∙ PRIVACY ∙ FORUM ∙ CONTACT
© SDHDIGITAL LTD 2024