United States
FAST DELIVERY ∙ EXPERT TECH SUPPORT
UK STOCK ∙ 2 YEAR WARRANTY
Zidoo Z20 Pro
Ultra-HD 4K Dolby Vision Home Theatre 3.5" HDD Media Player.
  INCLUDES EXPRESS 2-4 DAY DELIVERY 

Author Topic: The HiMedia Q10Pro is still a very good media player  (Read 655 times)

manley

• View Profile
The HiMedia Q10Pro is still a very good media player
« on: April 12, 2023, 10:22:20 AM »
I bought one of the first Q10Pro's many years ago from futeko (always had good service), at first the firmware was a little bit wanting for correct playback of 4K HDR but over the years particularly with the Custom Firmwares (which I still use) playback improved. I have since purchased an Nvidia Shield and a Zidoo Z9X (again purchased from futeko) both of which are very good, the Zidoo is particularly good at 4K Dolby Vision (the main reason I bought it). But today I just reinstated the HiMedia out of interest after around a year of not  using it at all and was very pleasantly surprised at how good media playback was still, in fact it was on par with both the Nvidia and Zidoo. The HiMedia is still up there, it's a pity they haven't got any quality new models with more modern chipsets available like the old Q10Pro.

Kirek50

• View Profile
Re: The HiMedia Q10Pro is still a very good media player
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2023, 01:53:50 PM »
True. Almost seven years of use and still a better player than many based on the latest SoCs. What am I missing? AV1 playback, Wi-Fi6 and memory.

DELIVERY ∙ PAYMENT ∙ WARRANTY+RETURNS ∙ ABOUT ∙ PRIVACY ∙ FORUM ∙ CONTACT
© SDHDIGITAL LTD 2024