United States
FAST DELIVERY ∙ EXPERT TECH SUPPORT
UK STOCK ∙ 2 YEAR WARRANTY
Zidoo Z2000 Pro
Ultra-HD 4K Dolby Vision Home Theatre 3.5" HDD Media Player.
  INCLUDES EXPRESS 2-4 DAY DELIVERY 

Author Topic: Just bought my first Zidoo media player  (Read 1673 times)

manley

• View Profile
Just bought my first Zidoo media player
« on: February 27, 2022, 07:17:51 AM »
I have recently been using an Nvidia Shield Pro and results were generally very good apart from  Dolby Vision support and the recent update to Android 11 which had many problems. On checking various Forums and media player reviews I decided to give Zidoo a go mainly due to its 4K menu support and Dolby Vision support. I decided to go down the Zidoo Z9X route as all the players had the same video engine albeit with slight ram changes and my main interest was film playback (not music playback for which I use other equipment).
My initial impressions on unboxing was what a poor mains adapter I just couldn't get the plug arrangement to work and the minor problem lack of batteries for the remote. Surely in this day and age a proper mains adapter for the country could be included or a better designed multi type of connecter setup of which there are many so much better.
Moving on to the positives I am very pleased how the box operates particularly handling of 4K menus and Dolby Vision support and also the picture quality. Initially I thought the picture quality was a little soft and lacking in color pop but with some adjustments and with some running in time it is now fine, possibly just a little bit better than the Nvidia Shield.
So at the moment I am pleased with my purchase of the Zidoo Z9X and appreciate the rapid delivery from Futeko but please get a better power adapter.

Nice Monkey

• Loves classic movies
    • View Profile
Re: Just bought my first Zidoo media player
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2022, 09:33:11 PM »
Yes the brick PSU included is a bare minimum also in my view. I was surprised when the new series got cheaper PSU's but that is all about competition on the entry models it seems.

Always recommend to swap it for an Earthed 12V 4 A switched mode model. A linear PSU of that size is even better but in practice never got a visual or audible difference.

manley

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2022, 09:59:17 AM »
I am presently using a 10amp linear power supply which is a bit overkill but it was spare and of the correct voltage. Really enjoyed watching a film in Dolby Vision last night with excellent results.

Nice Monkey

• Loves classic movies
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2022, 11:01:43 AM »
I am presently using a 10amp linear power supply which is a bit overkill but it was spare and of the correct voltage.
Haha had a dual 12V 5A linear PSU in use for some time. Used 1:4 fanout power cables with that one to power multiple media players, my Set Top Box and also several 3.5 inch HDD's with it. Now back to my trusted old brick and using a 5-slot USB3 Icy Box Docking Station.
« Last Edit: February 28, 2022, 11:03:33 AM by Nice Monkey »

DELIVERY ∙ PAYMENT ∙ WARRANTY+RETURNS ∙ ABOUT ∙ PRIVACY ∙ FORUM ∙ CONTACT
© SDHDIGITAL LTD 2024