United States
FAST DELIVERY ∙ EXPERT TECH SUPPORT
UK STOCK ∙ 2 YEAR WARRANTY
Zidoo UHD5000
Professional UHD 4K Dolby Vision Hi-Fi audio Home Theatre Media Player with ESS9068 DAC.
  INCLUDES EXPRESS 2-4 DAY DELIVERY 

Author Topic: Which player for me?  (Read 1247 times)

videonut99

• View Profile
Which player for me?
« on: November 25, 2021, 03:41:46 PM »
Hi there: I am thinking about adding a media server to my set up...not sure which player to buy...I have 2 HDD 1 is 8 TB other one is 6 TB...so can I add 2 HDD to either the Zx9 or the Pro 10 or do I have to look at the higher models to do this...also can  these devices power 2 HD's of this size or should I get a ext. powered hard drive for one of them???Currently using a computer based sever with the aforementioned drives with a Nvidia shield pro (2019) running plex for streaming & media...I know from reading the Zidoo is not really a streaming device at this time.But have read for a media sever it is better...by how much is my last question?Thanks for any insight/advice in advance!!

futeko.com

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Which player for me?
« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2021, 09:47:06 AM »
Presuming these are USB HDDs then you could add them to either Z9X or Z10 Pro. Unless you want to use the internal SATA bay on Z10 Pro, Z9X would seem the better choice.

You are unlikely to run into power problems with the two drives connected by USB, although if you do you could add a powered USB hub.

Z1000 Pro, UHD3000 and NEO S do have higher amperage power supplies so would ultimately be better for multiple HDDs.

Zidoo produces better picture quality compared to Shield. It also supports more formats and is more configurable.

DELIVERY ∙ PAYMENT ∙ WARRANTY+RETURNS ∙ ABOUT ∙ PRIVACY ∙ FORUM ∙ CONTACT
© SDHDIGITAL LTD 2024