United States
FAST DELIVERY ∙ EXPERT TECH SUPPORT
UK STOCK ∙ 2 YEAR WARRANTY
Eversolo DMP-A6
Digital Audio Streamer with ESS DAC.
  INCLUDES EXPRESS 2-4 DAY DELIVERY 

Author Topic: Which 4K Blu ray drive  (Read 1279 times)

Superslim007

• View Profile
Which 4K Blu ray drive
« on: October 27, 2021, 08:31:21 AM »
Hi all,
Could do with a little help if you don't mind.

I have always had a cheap media player box and now I'm lucky enough to be building a dedicated home theatre I thought it was time to buy a decent media player that I can also store my discs on so I'm going to buy a Z1000 Pro and throw in a 12 TB HDD

Can you guys recommend a decent portable 4K reader that I can use for ripping all my 4K and Blu ray discs, I've worked out that I am best using Make MKV, I don't want to compress the files but I'm wary that some drives have issues with copyright discs, I just want to easily be ably to put my legit 4K blu ray into the reader and rip a copy to store and play on my Z1000 so I can keep all my media tidy.

Thanks in advance       

maelor

• View Profile
Re: Which 4K Blu ray drive
« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2021, 07:00:26 PM »
You need to get a “UHD friendly drive” (search for it on Google for a list of drives). Modern drives use the AACS 2.0 standard which BLOCKS the ripping of 4K/UHD disks! So you need a drive which uses the older AACS 1.0 standard, and allows you to decrypt and rip the contents of a 4k/UHD disk to mkv format for your Zidoo player.
Luckily, I had one in an old computer!

Also the spec of your computer needs to be high. A CPU with at least 8-12 cores with a high clock speed is necessary. Lots of RAM also helps. Otherwise it could take days to rip.

Then, you need software to do the job ... don't buy any, as there is plenty of free stuff around: Make MKV and MKVToolNix for a start.
Zidoo Z1000 Pro | Firmware 6.3.40_G | Zidoo V9 AirMouse Remote | WD Red 8Tb HDD

Superslim007

• View Profile
Re: Which 4K Blu ray drive
« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2021, 07:05:39 PM »
Many thanks

DELIVERY ∙ PAYMENT ∙ WARRANTY+RETURNS ∙ ABOUT ∙ PRIVACY ∙ FORUM ∙ CONTACT
© SDHDIGITAL LTD 2024