United States
FAST DELIVERY ∙ EXPERT TECH SUPPORT
UK STOCK ∙ 2 YEAR WARRANTY
Zidoo Z2000 Pro
Ultra-HD 4K Dolby Vision Home Theatre 3.5" HDD Media Player.
  INCLUDES EXPRESS 2-4 DAY DELIVERY 

Author Topic: Q10 Pro - Kodi issues - video exiting by itself, VFD lights up when it does  (Read 2193 times)

mulderfox

• View Profile
Hi,

I'm having a weird issue recently, where my video is playing, and then exits by itself, again and again till the exit prompt from kodi. My remote seems to be okay, so it may be something else. The VFD lights up when the exit occurs.
I am using the latest pcristi firmware, and I have only started experiencing it over the last week.
I've tried playing with remote options in kodi to correct this but no luck. Also tried using Kodi 19 (instead of wondertv based on kodi 18.9) but still the same. it may be a hardware issue, but I'm not sure.

Any idea why? and how to resolve that?

Thanks
« Last Edit: April 04, 2021, 01:54:51 AM by mulderfox »

stl

• View Profile
Probably something wrong with the front panel buttons. Did you had an accident that involved liquid?

mulderfox

• View Profile
Nope. no accident, and no liquid.

stl

• View Profile
If the front panel buttons light up when it happens most probably the box is detecting a button press. Clean the front panel and if that doesn't help disconnect the buttons, if you're comfortable with it.

mulderfox

• View Profile
If the front panel buttons light up when it happens most probably the box is detecting a button press. Clean the front panel and if that doesn't help disconnect the buttons, if you're comfortable with it.

Is there a guide somewhere on how to open the box and get to the VFD connectors? I would use a contact cleaner first and let it dry to see if it helps. For now, I am using another box (Ugoos AM6 Plus), and aside for no wired LAN (stopped working after an update), it is awesome.

stl

• View Profile
https://youtu.be/17tjRWs3p0w

mulderfox

• View Profile
If I remember correctly, you take off the rubber legs, unscrew the screws under them, and open the box.

DELIVERY ∙ PAYMENT ∙ WARRANTY+RETURNS ∙ ABOUT ∙ PRIVACY ∙ FORUM ∙ CONTACT
© SDHDIGITAL LTD 2024