2021 BREXIT
EU DELIVERY INFO
FAST DELIVERY EXPERT TECH SUPPORT
UK STOCK   2 YEAR WARRANTY
MEDIA BOX    FORUM    CONTACT
Dune HD Pro Vision 4K Solo
Dune ecosystem Ultra-HD 4K HDR Media Player. Dolby Vision, HDR10+. 3.5” HDD bay. 2xHDMI.
  INCLUDES 2 DAY DELIVERY

Author Topic: Bugs, Bugs and More Bugs  (Read 156 times)

grjs

• View Profile
Bugs, Bugs and More Bugs
« on: April 01, 2021, 10:33:40 AM »
I have been a long time fan of Zidoo media players and my UHD2000 has, for the most part, coped with pretty much everything I've thrown at it video wise. Sometimes full Blu-ray/UHD backups behave strangely but nothing is perfect, right?

Based on my experience with the UHD2000; I decided to upgrade to the UHD3000, mostly for the Dolby Vision support.

The UHD3000 arrived yesterday and, like the UHD2000, it feels solidly built and looks smart. That, though, is where the similarity ends.

The performance of the UHD3000 is disappointing, to say the least. Backups of my 3D Blu-rays (mostly ISO's), which played perfectly on the UHD2000, baulk completely on the UHD3000.

The behaviour varies from one ISO to another but none of the ones that I've tried play properly either with menus or just playing the video. The most bizarre behaviour, which I've also noticed with some UHD backups, is when video stops playing and the player displays the screen that play was started from (in my case, the file browser) but the audio continues to play.

Pressing the stop button does not stop the audio from playing. It seems that the only way to stop the audio is either to turn the machine off or to play another file. Other abnormal behaviour includes audio dropouts and stuttering video when playing (without menus) from ISO's.

I would like to think that these problems will be solved in later firmware revisions (my machine has 6.1.07, which presumably is the latest version), but it is very disappointing that Zidoo would release a new flagship player with so many shortcomings.

futeko.com

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Bugs, Bugs and More Bugs
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2021, 03:11:44 PM »
Your experience isn't typical. UHD3000 performs very similar to UHD2000 but with extra format support and better PQ via VS10. Other user's experience is certainly not that it is a step back.

Please try doing a factory reset then installing latest beta firmware 6.2.0, as here: http://forum.zidoo.tv/index.php?threads/beta-version-v6-2-0-for-z9x-z10-pro-z1000-pro-uhd3000-april-fool-version.87166/

redrx7

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2021, 08:19:56 PM »
Im glad Im not the only one that can't play any 3d ISO files. Mind does the same thing.

Nice Monkey

• Loves classic movies
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 01, 2021, 08:40:36 PM »
3D playback is a known problem.
« Last Edit: April 02, 2021, 03:31:18 PM by Nice Monkey »

DELIVERY  :  WARRANTY / RETURNS  :  FAQ  :  BREXIT  :  ABOUT
Price in £GBP with conversion by Paypal (more info). UK+EU delivery includes VAT at 20% (more info). Privacy Policy. © SDHDIGITAL LTD 2021