United States
FAST DELIVERY ∙ EXPERT TECH SUPPORT
UK STOCK ∙ 2 YEAR WARRANTY
Zidoo Z20 Pro
Ultra-HD 4K Dolby Vision Home Theatre 3.5" HDD Media Player.
  INCLUDES EXPRESS 2-4 DAY DELIVERY 

Author Topic: Magisk - Root Zidoo Media players(RTD1619DR)  (Read 21090 times)

Reelyator

• View Profile
Re: Magisk - Root Zidoo Media players(RTD 1619DR)
« Reply #30 on: September 24, 2022, 09:50:39 AM »
Can't you use ZDMC? ...

...i am currently thinking about it. Previously i did not like ZDMC because my alltime favourite skin RAPIER was not stable on ZDMC 19.4:-(
Just testing out, if changing to AMBER might be an option. But i found it strange because it seems like i cannot add sources from the 2 internal HD´s of the Zidoo UHD3000, i simply cannot see the internal drives. Not sure if that problem is coming from ZDMC 19.4 or the skin.

seeseerider

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: October 17, 2022, 07:44:39 PM »
Can anybody tell me how safe it is to root Z1000 Pro with Magisk Tool ? What I need is access to the Android file system ("data") e.g. to be able to access Kodi installation and the database folder, since I have Kodi running on several machines and need to share the database (on Z10, X9s, 3x FireTV) 

seeseerider

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: October 26, 2022, 08:58:37 AM »
Well, I tried to root my Z1000 Pro and had no success !

I followed all of the instructions and the Magisk process went thru without any problems. The Z1000 Pro finally rebooted and everything looked fine. But the result did not satisfy... I experienced just the same problems as Reelyator on his UHD3000. XBMCWrapper could be installed but Kodi then could not follow any  instructions from playercorefactory.xml .... and was not able to start any of my video files. Then RootChecker stated that "Root is not propperly installed on this device". (USB-Debugging of course was ON)

So it seems that MAGISK (for Zidoo) is NOT able to root any of the RTD1619DR Zidoo boxes ! And it is not compatible with XBMCWrapper as well.

Now I need to get rid of that failed rooting.

pcristi

• View Profile
Re: Magisk - Root Zidoo Media players(RTD1619DR)
« Reply #33 on: October 28, 2022, 11:32:35 PM »
@seeseerider(@ccrider on android-mediaplayer.de)
Sorry to see as not working for you.
Magisk - Root for Zidoo(RTD1619DR) is provided as it is with no support.

To "get rid of that failed rooting" reinstall from USB original FW the same version running on your player.
For XBMCWrapper contact the author maybe will be a day when will support Zidoo Media players(RTD1619DR) with FW until v6.3.38 and greater that it.

Enjoy the Zidoo player.

shurikello

• View Profile
Re: Magisk - Root Zidoo Media players(RTD1619DR)
« Reply #34 on: June 01, 2023, 11:35:58 AM »
For a long time I could not understand why the root was not put on Z9X, until I found one setting in the developer tools. The setting is called "Verify applications during installation" (via adb/adt). It is ON by default. When OFF, the root was immediately received via lan.

DELIVERY ∙ PAYMENT ∙ WARRANTY+RETURNS ∙ ABOUT ∙ PRIVACY ∙ FORUM ∙ CONTACT
© SDHDIGITAL LTD 2024