United States
FAST DELIVERY ∙ EXPERT TECH SUPPORT
UK STOCK ∙ 2 YEAR WARRANTY
Zidoo UHD5000
Professional UHD 4K Dolby Vision Hi-Fi audio Home Theatre Media Player with ESS9068 DAC.
  INCLUDES EXPRESS 2-4 DAY DELIVERY 

Author Topic: Q10 Pro Display lights and Stops Playback  (Read 5006 times)

bladecutter

• View Profile
Re: Q10 Pro Display lights and Stops Playback
« Reply #15 on: April 29, 2021, 01:54:02 PM »
If I turn around the plug from my adopter connected to the Q10, connection is stable. Unless I pull the plug away - hence, it will be disconnected. When you plug the adopter to power, a red light appears in Q10, then will boot after switching ON via remote control. Q10 looks stable after boot, and issue will occur randomly sometimes after 15 minutes, or even after 1 hour.

I switched to Pcristi's CFW 2.1.4 to check if same behavior will happen. Issue occurred 10 minutes after boot, but 2 hours since then - no issue yet. Was thinking if this has something to do with firmware.

Thank you Dutchie53 for standing by. I still love my Q10 and won't give up just yet.

Dutchie53

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 30, 2021, 09:25:02 AM »
Bladecutter, what happens if you just turn the Q10 Pro on for as long as it goes without the external hdd or anything else connected to it? I'll guess you will play content from external sources, right?
By the way, I am at CF (Pcristi) "update_Q10Pro_(unofficial_ATV[v2.17.0])-HMD-2.1.7 2020-08-18.140128 and it works fine.

bladecutter

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 11, 2021, 04:12:13 AM »
After clean install of SEMI-official v2.1.4, then clean with OFW v2.1.6/2.1.7, it went well at the start.

But it's back to the issue - even after I replaced into new power supply 12V/2A (thanks Pcristi for the advise).

So it's purely luck - if it's a good day, display lights won't occur and operation is smooth for like 5 hours used. Most of the time I tried moving the plug terminal connection to the unit's hole until you see it's disconnected and re-plug. This helps but not sure if this will eventually harm the power supply if done excessively/repetitively.

Very annoying experience - until I find a good replacement.

nandish

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 11, 2021, 06:46:41 AM »
You write that sometimes all the lights on the panel come on? Maybe there is some invisible conductive dirt on the front panel or its edges causing the lights to light up? Perhaps use a bit of isopropyl alcohol to clean (in an unplugged box) the entire touchscreen front panel and necessarily the edges of the panel (the edges gently with a toothbrush dipped in a little isopropyl alcohol). Greetings.
I'm writing in English with little google help :)

DELIVERY ∙ PAYMENT ∙ WARRANTY+RETURNS ∙ ABOUT ∙ PRIVACY ∙ FORUM ∙ CONTACT
© SDHDIGITAL LTD 2024