EUROPEAN UNION
TAX/DELIVERY INFO
FAST DELIVERY EXPERT TECH SUPPORT
UK STOCK   2 YEAR WARRANTY
MEDIA BOX    FORUM    CONTACT
Dune HD Max Vision 4K
Dune ecosystem Ultra-HD 4K HDR Media Player with Hi-Fi audio. AK4493EQ DAC. Dolby Vision, HDR10+. 2xHDD. 2xHDMI.
  INCLUDES 2 DAY DELIVERY

Author Topic: NO dolby digital from Prime & Netflix run through the Zidoo  (Read 1013 times)

raptor1015

• View Profile
NO dolby digital from Prime & Netflix run through the Zidoo
« on: December 28, 2020, 02:48:37 PM »
I have the new Z9x with the 0.66 G firmware. I have amazon prime & use the preloaded Netflix. log in & playing movies is fine.
the issue is both netflix & Prime broadcast audio in stereo or surround not Dolby Digital 5.1 or above.

I get 5.1 when I run these two apps from my smart tv or the comcast xfinity box.

I installed the same two apks on my Himedia Q10 Pro & same result (no Dolby Digital 5.1 or above on Amazon Prime & Netflix.

Amazon Prime Video_v3.0.287.13947.apk
Netflix_v7.84.1 build 28 35243.apk

so if anyone is running a Zidoo Z9x with amazon prime video & netflix & is getting 5.1 audio
I'd appreciate if you could share your set up. thx

I'm think this might be due to a dolby digital licensing issue in which Zidoo & Himedia won't pay for like Roku, Tivo & Nvidia does. I'm not sure.

these are supposed to be new versions of these apps too BTW.

UPDATE (Tues, Dec 29th)   I bought a brand new 4k firestick yesterday just
to make sure no Denon AVR issues.  as expected Prime & netflix broadcast the audio not only in DD 5.1 but in DD Plus and Atmos on B title movies.

so my Samsung smart Tv & xfininty X1 box and now brand new 4k Firestick all support Dolby Digital 5.1 & above through Prime & netflix.

the Himedia Q10 Pro & the Zidoo Z9x do not support that with the latest firmware.  this has got to be a licensing problem. I would try an Nvidia Pro but they are too ridiculously priced.

I also notice the most movies played through Kodi is in stereo as well (yes I have the audio setting set to 5.1 in Kodi ).

I don't get it, do most of you watch movies on your phones & tablets ?  that's very sad if that's the case.

why else would you not want the complete 5.1 surround ?    sacrificing sound quality for size of file is a waste of time to me. I'm referring to avi, mkv, mp4 etc...
« Last Edit: December 29, 2020, 02:03:53 PM by raptor1015 »

futeko.com

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: NO dolby digital from Prime & Netflix run through the Zidoo
« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2020, 03:13:43 PM »
If you update to latest firmware (.85) you'll get 5.1 audio from the pre-installed Netflix app.

It's not so much that Zidoo won't pay for access to multi-channel audio, it's that Netflix and Amazon want people to buy specific hardware so they don't allow access to HD video and multi-channel audio through the standard Android app. The Zidoo/Dune solutions are kind of hacks, not official support from Netflix/Amazon. These days, most TVs have streaming apps built in and you can buy hardware to stream official 4K Amazon/Netflix very cheaply (Fire TV, Roku etc), so for subscription streaming services those are better options. Media Players as we sell are mainly for locally stored content.

mmzz

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2021, 02:25:59 PM »
Hi,
is it possible to watch Netflix and Prime video using firetv connected to zidoo z9x hdmi input?

futeko.com

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2021, 05:13:53 PM »
No. The HDMI input only works on non protected sources.

pcristi

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 20, 2021, 02:25:35 PM »
Hi,
is it possible to watch Netflix and Prime video using firetv connected to zidoo z9x hdmi input?

Yes possible up to 2160p/30/HDCP2.2, but not allow to record because HDCP protection.
I don't know HDR/DV will by recognize too if not can give a try on Netflix Kodi addon to see if is do.
« Last Edit: February 20, 2021, 02:27:22 PM by pcristi »

DELIVERY  :  WARRANTY / RETURNS  :  FAQ  :  BREXIT  :  ABOUT
Price in £GBP with conversion by Paypal (more info). UK+EU delivery includes VAT at 20% (more info). Privacy Policy. © SDHDIGITAL LTD 2021