FREE+FAST WORLD DELIVERY
UK STOCK   2 YEAR WARRANTY
MEDIA BOX  :  FORUM  :  CONTACT
Dune HD Pro 4K II
Dune ecosystem Ultra-HD 4K HDR+ Media Player. Realtek 1619 chipset.  £289.99  €334  $396

Author Topic: New Official (?) 2.1.6 Firmwares + some new patch  (Read 8645 times)

jcp2

• View Profile
Re: New Official (?) 2.1.5 Firmwares + some new patch
« Reply #60 on: August 01, 2020, 10:13:37 PM »
Just upgraded. Tried system method first, didn't run smoothly so I used the paperclip method to do the updates: 2.1.6, Google Play etc.. and Magisk. I have 2 issues. First; How can I get rid of the bottom navigation bar? Secondly; There is no check mark or menu button showing in Titanium Backup :)  (unable to do batch restore or backup) Are there fixes for these 2 issues?   TIA.  John

DMD

• View Profile
« Reply #61 on: August 01, 2020, 11:23:46 PM »
Personally I carry out an alternative procedure, and the restoration of Kodi is almost instantaneous, the fastest of other backup method, I also use it for the version of Kodi on the PC.

https://www.futeko.com/newforum/index.php?topic=4364.msg31313#msg31313
« Last Edit: August 02, 2020, 01:52:45 PM by DMD »
HiMedia Q5 Pro and Q10 Pro (OFW 2.1.7) | Kodi 18.8 (skin AeonMQ 8 2.9.0) |  Remote Rii Mini MX3 | Splitter HDMI HDFury AVR-KEY | Display LG 65B6V | Cables HDMI KabelDirekt Pro series | Audio processor Yamaha RX-V775 | Rotel RMB-1075

pcristi

• View Profile
« Reply #62 on: August 02, 2020, 10:15:21 AM »
@jcp2
Bottom navigation bar set size 0.0dpi on framework-res.apk
Titanium Backup need edit services.jar/Settings.apk

or wait for CFW/CFW-Lite v2.1.6.x maybe one of them will suit your needs.
« Last Edit: August 02, 2020, 08:37:02 PM by pcristi »

jcp2

• View Profile
« Reply #63 on: August 02, 2020, 05:02:37 PM »
@pcristi  Thank you for the info :) ** I'm using Nova launcher, not he stock one. Glad to see that you are (might be) Working on a CFW :)
« Last Edit: August 02, 2020, 05:04:26 PM by jcp2 »

Mount81

• View Profile
« Reply #64 on: August 03, 2020, 09:20:39 PM »
... the only problem that I have is that I have to set every subtitle again. On the previous firmware, when I selected a certain styling it was also on other subtitles (.srt files) but now I have to repeat this over and over or every single subtitle file. Any solutions?

This depends on which video player you are using with Kodi.

For at least a year, I get subtitles "on" by default, even the built-in English ones, and have to use the menu key to switch them off every time I play a movie! There is no way of switching them off permanently and there is no way of saving individual subtitle settings  >:(.

Try highlighting a movie image on Kodi and then press the 'menu' key (three bars) on the remote. The drop-down menu should give you a "Play using ..." option. Select this and see exactly how many players you have on the system. Try using "video player" instead of "wrapper". This allows me to set subtitles to "off" by default. But, be warned, you may lose other functions!!! Perhaps the "playcorefactory.xml" file needs adjusting???

I'm past caring about HiMedia ... I've just ordered a new Zidoo Z1000 Pro ;D!

Don'tg suggest methods like this for playback if you don't even know exactly what deficites it will cause in overall playback quality. KODI's "Video Player" was never really suggested on HiMedia Boxes against the far more decent HiMedias's own stock player. Strange how you pretend here to be a well experienced HiMedia Box user, and somehow still...Not? :??? I guess you would still need to be start and learn everything from the very basics regarding, but as I see it doesn't matter at all for you from now... Sorry and "Farewell"...

More important:
pcristi (and for everyone else here): What's the exact problem with the navigation bar? After it has been casted up, than it cannot be hidden afterwards?

THX!

pcristi

• View Profile
« Reply #65 on: August 04, 2020, 07:37:37 AM »
More important:
pcristi (and for everyone else here): What's the exact problem with the navigation bar? After it has been casted up, than it cannot be hidden afterwards?

THX!
Hello,
Navigation bar is more easy to popup on screen(pull up with mouse/air mouse) then to hide back(push down with mouse/air mouse).
Between long press with mouse cursor on square button(recent app) will activate split screen ;).

DMD

• View Profile
« Reply #66 on: August 04, 2020, 01:09:17 PM »
....... KODI's "Video Player" was never really suggested on HiMedia Boxes against the far more decent HiMedias's own stock player.....
I consider the HiMedia Videoplayer the best player, for this I use the Wrapper to not give up the Kodi interface.
I could not verify the player of the new boxes such as the Dune and the Zidoo, but the HiMedia Video player for me is currently an excellent player.
« Last Edit: August 04, 2020, 01:11:38 PM by DMD »
HiMedia Q5 Pro and Q10 Pro (OFW 2.1.7) | Kodi 18.8 (skin AeonMQ 8 2.9.0) |  Remote Rii Mini MX3 | Splitter HDMI HDFury AVR-KEY | Display LG 65B6V | Cables HDMI KabelDirekt Pro series | Audio processor Yamaha RX-V775 | Rotel RMB-1075

nandish

• View Profile
Re: New Official (?) 2.1.6 Firmwares + some new patch
« Reply #67 on: August 05, 2020, 07:24:39 AM »
Hello. Does anyone know how to turn off the display of cover art and lyrics in Mediacenter while playing music? (incorrect data is displayed very often)
I'm writing in English with little google help :)

JBMouse

• View Profile
« Reply #68 on: August 06, 2020, 12:07:32 PM »
On my Q5 Pro tried the update to 2.1.6 paper clip method, just got Himedia logo then nothing but a blank screen for 10 minutes, so have gone back to 2.1.4, any idea why it didn't work? and is it worth it?

stl

• View Profile
« Reply #69 on: August 06, 2020, 01:49:09 PM »
On my Q5 Pro tried the update to 2.1.6 paper clip method, just got Himedia logo then nothing but a blank screen for 10 minutes, so have gone back to 2.1.4, any idea why it didn't work? and is it worth it?

It's worth it, the best official firmware yet.
You probably did something wrong, you didn't saw the ring?

HS2005

• View Profile
« Reply #70 on: August 07, 2020, 09:26:41 PM »
This depends on which video player you are using with Kodi.

For at least a year, I get subtitles "on" by default, even the built-in English ones, and have to use the menu key to switch them off every time I play a movie! There is no way of switching them off permanently and there is no way of saving individual subtitle settings  >:(.

Try highlighting a movie image on Kodi and then press the 'menu' key (three bars) on the remote. The drop-down menu should give you a "Play using ..." option. Select this and see exactly how many players you have on the system. Try using "video player" instead of "wrapper". This allows me to set subtitles to "off" by default. But, be warned, you may lose other functions!!! Perhaps the "playcorefactory.xml" file needs adjusting???

I'm past caring about HiMedia ... I've just ordered a new Zidoo Z1000 Pro ;D!

I'm using the stock HiMedia videoplayer, not the Kodi player.
These subtitle features work and are standard as I set them via the previous firmware:
- Sub Switching
- Default switch
- Sub encode
- Time adjustment
- Font color

I have to continually adjust these settings:
- Font size
- Sub position
- Font effect
- Line spacing
- Character spacing

If I can somehow change these 5 values above to a certain default that would be great. Any way how I can set these so that I don't have to manually set it once I play any media. Thnx

maelor

• View Profile
« Reply #71 on: August 08, 2020, 12:31:50 PM »
If I can somehow change these 5 values above to a certain default that would be great. Any way how I can set these so that I don't have to manually set it once I play any media. Thnx

Yes, that's exactly what I get. I just have to switch the subtitles off every time I watch a movie. I've tried everything so I don't think there is a solution.
But, as my HiMedia box will be consigned to the dustbin in a couple of weeks time (when a new Zidoo box arrives) I'm past caring  8)!
Zidoo Z1000 Pro | Firmware 6.0.35_G | Android 9.0

JBMouse

• View Profile
« Reply #72 on: August 08, 2020, 05:52:28 PM »
I still get no luck with 2.1.6. It flashes OK, Android ring etc, I get the Himedia logo when it boots, and it quickly finds the time on the front display, albeit 2 hours ahead of BST, so it looks like it has started up ok, just not dispaying through HDMI apart from 4 seconds of the boot Himedia logo. Should I try to hook up the TV using composite and reset video out options?
Added today:
Just realised my TV does not say 'No Signal' with the blank screen, HDMI, as it does if nothing is connected, so it must be getting a signal from the Q5, just that the TV won't display the picture? Any way to alter the output mode without seeing the picture?
Going back to 2.1.4 again!
« Last Edit: August 09, 2020, 12:15:02 PM by JBMouse »

pcristi

• View Profile
« Reply #73 on: August 09, 2020, 01:09:15 PM »
TV mode from IR remote or try HiControl if box is connect with ethernet cable.

DMD

• View Profile
« Reply #74 on: August 11, 2020, 09:40:18 AM »
New firmware for Q10 v2.1.7?

http://himedia.hu/forum/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=380&sid=f6f9cfcc21ec537dc2e226f2c580d96f&p=3534#p3534

I don't know if it is convenient to open a New Thread.
« Last Edit: August 11, 2020, 10:05:05 AM by DMD »

DELIVERY  :  WARRANTY / RETURNS  :  FAQ  :  BREXIT  :  ABOUT
Price in £GBP with conversion by Paypal (more info). UK+EU delivery includes VAT at 20% (more info). Privacy Policy. © SDHDIGITAL LTD 2020