United States
FAST DELIVERY ∙ EXPERT TECH SUPPORT
UK STOCK ∙ 2 YEAR WARRANTY
Zidoo Z9X Pro
Ultra-HD 4K Dolby Vision Home Theatre Media Player.
  INCLUDES EXPRESS 2-4 DAY DELIVERY 

Author Topic: Announcement Z9X  (Read 11994 times)

manley

• View Profile
Re: Announcement Z9X
« Reply #30 on: August 11, 2020, 06:35:28 AM »
Link to a review for the new Zidoo z9x

https://androidpctv.com/review-zidoo-z9x-opinion/

trigeminus76

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: August 11, 2020, 09:42:09 AM »
Hi.
A question about DV Playback.
Will a Dolby Vision MP4 Remux work with Zidoo Z9X or does that files also have a DV 7 profile?

Cheers Ben

Griffith400

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: August 11, 2020, 12:08:11 PM »
Hi all,

I've pre-ordered a Z9X :) to upgrade my 2014 Himedia Q5 (also bought from Futeko).
I held off for a while hearing about the upcoming Z9X.

Can I ask some advice about Dolby Vision / Profile restrictions, sorry if it's a dumb question:
I use my media player for easy selection and playback of all my BluRays by the family and love the video wall presentation rather than manually looking through the discs. Therefore, I rip and play the movies via the media player (the Himedia Q5 handles these happily inc. Atmos & DTS-X via it's internal Player).

I plan to do the same with the Z9X for UHD discs.

Seeing the comments about DV Profiles 7 & 8 not being supported, I read that means the dual layer 100Gb UHD discs? how should I extract/play those. I play via a Denon X7200 Amp to a UHD TV with no DV Support so does that mean compressing to 25Gb or 50Gb will work? Can I extract the movie only with just base HDR base layer? I use DVDFab to date and has been perfect for my standard HD BluRay disc collection but not sure if that's the same for UHD discs and the Z9x?

Steve.

futeko.com

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: August 11, 2020, 12:43:31 PM »
At this stage, when we do not have a Z9X to test with, the best place to ask any technical questions about what is and isn't possible is the Zidoo forum. A few users there have been sent Z9X early (kind of as beta testers) and can provide more accurate answers.

http://forum.zidoo.tv/index.php?forums/hdd-media-player-rtd-1619dr.54/

Griffith400

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: August 11, 2020, 07:04:53 PM »
At this stage, when we do not have a Z9X to test with, the best place to ask any technical questions about what is and isn't possible is the Zidoo forum. A few users there have been sent Z9X early (kind of as beta testers) and can provide more accurate answers.

http://forum.zidoo.tv/index.php?forums/hdd-media-player-rtd-1619dr.54/

Thanks Futeko,

I’ve pre-ordered with you anyway so happy to go ahead and was just asking the forum in case anyone knew.

Looking forward to it regardless.

Steve.

DIKKE

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: August 18, 2020, 06:23:36 AM »
Here is also a forum, i think from singapore, and there you also find a lot of first user remarks etc..
http://www.xtremeplace.com/yabbse/index.php?PHPSESSID=7d9e0d55673d151f72b5d7b0a51b7ca3&topic=261158.1125

DaMacFunkin

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: August 19, 2020, 06:06:42 AM »
Hi all,

I've pre-ordered a Z9X :) to upgrade my 2014 Himedia Q5 (also bought from Futeko).
I held off for a while hearing about the upcoming Z9X.

Can I ask some advice about Dolby Vision / Profile restrictions, sorry if it's a dumb question:
I use my media player for easy selection and playback of all my BluRays by the family and love the video wall presentation rather than manually looking through the discs. Therefore, I rip and play the movies via the media player (the Himedia Q5 handles these happily inc. Atmos & DTS-X via it's internal Player).

I plan to do the same with the Z9X for UHD discs.

Seeing the comments about DV Profiles 7 & 8 not being supported, I read that means the dual layer 100Gb UHD discs? how should I extract/play those. I play via a Denon X7200 Amp to a UHD TV with no DV Support so does that mean compressing to 25Gb or 50Gb will work? Can I extract the movie only with just base HDR base layer? I use DVDFab to date and has been perfect for my standard HD BluRay disc collection but not sure if that's the same for UHD discs and the Z9x?

Steve.
Hi, if your TV doesn’t support DV you don’t need to worry about DV profiles, the player will just play HDR10, you are getting confused between double and triple layer discs and Enhancement Layers.

Griffith400

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: August 19, 2020, 09:55:26 AM »
Thanks DaMacFunkin,

You’re probably right, I’ve not really got my head round these profiles etc.

My TV Is 4K HDR capable but doesn’t support Dolby Vision. My Projector is only 1080P! I use a Denon X7200Wa Amp and pass through to my display devices.

Ultimately, I just want to rip my discs to a movie only file (.iso or .mkv) and play via the media player for the family to have a simple movie selection tool.
Works fine for my DVD & BluRay collection on my Himedia Q5, now wanting to move to UHD discs (and talk SWMBO into a faux 4K PJ  ::)). I have one UHD disc to test so I guess I’ll just give the process a try when the Z9X arrives later this week ;-)

Happy to take any advice, for now I need to migrate my movies to the new player so have plenty to keep me busy when it arrives  ;D

Steve.

DaMacFunkin

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: August 19, 2020, 10:23:48 AM »
Just rip them to MKV with latest make mkv, they will playback on this player fine in HDR10.

DMD

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: August 25, 2020, 09:06:02 AM »
Small comparison ZIDOO Z9X vs with HiMedia Q10 Pro

System:

CPU:

Display:

Android:

It is confirmed by the review: https://androidpctv.com/review-zidoo-z9x-opinion/
memory is not expandable, but it is not a limit?
Why not inserted an SD Card slot.

« Last Edit: August 26, 2020, 03:43:46 PM by DMD »
Zidoo Z9X (FW 6.4.20_) | HiMedia Q5 Pro and Q10 Pro (CFW 2.1.7) |ZDMC 19.4 | Kodi 19.4 (skin AeonMQ 9 1.3.0) |  Remote Rii Mini MX3 | Splitter HDMI HDFury AVR-KEY | Display LG 65B6V | Cables HDMI KabelDirekt Pro series | Audio processor Yamaha RX-V775 | Rotel RMB-1075 | Storage Qnap Ts-431K +TL-D800

Nice Monkey

• Loves classic movies
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: August 30, 2020, 12:35:40 PM »
memory is not expandable, but it is not a limit?
Why not inserted an SD Card slot.
An SD-Card slot uses the same internal SOC resources as USB ports do. So for adding a SD-card slot an USB port must be dropped. Adding a USB CD-Card dongle will provide the same feature so is more flexible overall.  Dune went for the CD-Card slot with one USB port dropped.
« Last Edit: August 30, 2020, 12:37:29 PM by Nice Monkey »

DMD

• View Profile
« Reply #41 on: August 30, 2020, 12:40:06 PM »
So is the USB port suitable as an internal memory expansion?
I could buy such an adapter if it works as a memory expansion.
EX1-Lettore-Schede-Micro-Adattatore
« Last Edit: August 30, 2020, 02:40:52 PM by DMD »
Zidoo Z9X (FW 6.4.20_) | HiMedia Q5 Pro and Q10 Pro (CFW 2.1.7) |ZDMC 19.4 | Kodi 19.4 (skin AeonMQ 9 1.3.0) |  Remote Rii Mini MX3 | Splitter HDMI HDFury AVR-KEY | Display LG 65B6V | Cables HDMI KabelDirekt Pro series | Audio processor Yamaha RX-V775 | Rotel RMB-1075 | Storage Qnap Ts-431K +TL-D800

DELIVERY ∙ PAYMENT ∙ WARRANTY+RETURNS ∙ ABOUT ∙ PRIVACY ∙ FORUM ∙ CONTACT
© SDHDIGITAL LTD 2024