! WE ARE OPEN !
COVID-19 INFO HERE
FREE+FAST WORLD DELIVERY
UK STOCK   2 YEAR WARRANTY
MEDIA BOX  :  FORUM  :  CONTACT
Zidoo Z1000
Professional 4K HDR media box with 3.5” internal HDD bay, auto resolution + framerate switching, UHD/BD menus, Hi-Fi audio and Zidoo media interface.  £349.99  €404  $442

Author Topic: Problem with location service Q10 Pro  (Read 133 times)

Lugie

• View Profile
Problem with location service Q10 Pro
« on: May 21, 2020, 03:27:57 PM »
Hi!
I own a HiMedia Q10 Pro.
I am trying to get live tv to work on the Hulu and Fubo TV app and it requires my location service to be turned on and allow the app to determain my location. I am trying to turn on and allow it but it keep saying it can't determen my location and the stream wont play. I would guess it has something to do with the Q10 Pro not having location available built in? How can I fix this or is there a workaround for it? Live TV works great on my android phone so there is no other problems.

pcristi

• View Profile
Re: Problem with location service Q10 Pro
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2020, 08:11:20 PM »
Give a try of CFW and let as know if location service working for you.

Tex Texan

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2020, 03:54:08 PM »
I'm using this version of the custom firmware - https://www.futeko.com/newforum/index.php?topic=812.msg30781#msg30781 - on my Q10 Pro and location service won't work for me either.

pcristi

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2020, 10:46:55 AM »
I'm using this version of the custom firmware - https://www.futeko.com/newforum/index.php?topic=812.msg30781#msg30781 - on my Q10 Pro and location service won't work for me either.

Hello,
I check clean install of Lite-CFW builds and location service working as expected for AccuWeather and Maps.

Lugie

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 24, 2020, 04:04:07 PM »
I got it working but not by changing firmware. Not 100% sure what caused it but here is what I did. I went to settings and search for location and opened Location Services, Location mode then then changed to High Accuracy. But I did not test until I went to Maps and allowed every thing it asked me to.

Tex Texan

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Today at 06:50:19 AM »
I check clean install of Lite-CFW builds and location service working as expected for AccuWeather and Maps.

Hmmm, can you try Aus Weather - https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.benjanic.ausweather&hl=en_AU ?

When I try it says 'Location service disabled', asks me if I want to fix it but then force closes when I click to try.

Also when I go into Settings, all I can find re. location is under Apps and which ones have access to location service, I can't find an actual location services setting.

DELIVERY  :  WARRANTY / RETURNS  :  FAQ  :  BREXIT  :  ABOUT
Price in £GBP with conversion by Paypal (more info). UK+EU delivery includes VAT at 20% (more info). Privacy Policy. © SDHDIGITAL LTD 2020