United States
FAST DELIVERY ∙ EXPERT TECH SUPPORT
UK STOCK ∙ 2 YEAR WARRANTY
Zidoo Z20 Pro
Ultra-HD 4K Dolby Vision Home Theatre 3.5" HDD Media Player.
  INCLUDES EXPRESS 2-4 DAY DELIVERY 

Author Topic: Dune HD Pro 4K II  (Read 26462 times)

vadergr

• View Profile
Re: Dune HD Pro 4K II
« Reply #15 on: May 20, 2020, 04:02:47 PM »
June 10th is still possible but we don't yet have a fixed date from Dune. When we have new information from Dune we will update our website accordingly.

Thanks.

Are you going to supply the new Zidoo Z9X?
Any estimation for their availability?

futeko.com

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 21, 2020, 08:15:41 AM »
Are you going to supply the new Zidoo Z9X?
Any estimation for their availability?

Yes we will supply it. My estimate for it being available would be August at earliest.

DMD

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 23, 2020, 09:12:29 PM »
Good evening.
I am a user of Himedia Q10 pro and Q5 pro boxes.
I know that making comparisons is not easy, as for quality audio video, however I ask if the management via SAMBA and the use of apps like Kodi is similar to Himedia.
Thanks
Zidoo Z9X (FW 6.4.20_) | HiMedia Q5 Pro and Q10 Pro (CFW 2.1.7) |ZDMC 19.4 | Kodi 19.4 (skin AeonMQ 9 1.3.0) |  Remote Rii Mini MX3 | Splitter HDMI HDFury AVR-KEY | Display LG 65B6V | Cables HDMI KabelDirekt Pro series | Audio processor Yamaha RX-V775 | Rotel RMB-1075 | Storage Qnap Ts-431K +TL-D800

Nice Monkey

• Loves classic movies
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 24, 2020, 09:01:33 AM »
SAMBA and the use of apps like Kodi is similar to Himedia?
SAMBA is not a problem but it is not meant to be a KODI/SPMC platform despite it runs under its Android 7. There is no Wrapper APP included.

If you are mainly a KODI fan I would get me something else running CoreElec/LibreElec or equivalent OS. Runs better/faster on those OS and KODI is moving away from Android anyway. Those will be a lot cheaper too as makers just get the Free OS and Free KODI pair it with a (blazing) fast CPU/GPU and just make a package from it. Futeko seems to have dropped that market which frankly I can understand as products seem to come and go on a daily basis almost.
« Last Edit: May 25, 2020, 10:37:57 AM by Nice Monkey »

DMD

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 25, 2020, 07:54:47 AM »
In theory having an S.O. Android 9 the Kodi app should be fully supported.
From what I understood that not being equipped with App Wrapper I cannot take advantage of the native player, is it correct?
Stupid question, possibly there is no wrapper app to install on this model?
Thanks
« Last Edit: May 25, 2020, 08:01:20 AM by DMD »
Zidoo Z9X (FW 6.4.20_) | HiMedia Q5 Pro and Q10 Pro (CFW 2.1.7) |ZDMC 19.4 | Kodi 19.4 (skin AeonMQ 9 1.3.0) |  Remote Rii Mini MX3 | Splitter HDMI HDFury AVR-KEY | Display LG 65B6V | Cables HDMI KabelDirekt Pro series | Audio processor Yamaha RX-V775 | Rotel RMB-1075 | Storage Qnap Ts-431K +TL-D800

futeko.com

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 25, 2020, 08:36:20 AM »
I doubt Kodi will work with native hardware decoding on Dune Pro 4K II, but we won't know for sure until the hardware appears.

Kodi is not the primary purpose of the Dune and Zidoo products. They both have their own excellent media scraping + browsing apps which replicate Kodi's functions for local media but with less overhead and guaranteed continued full hardware support (as opposed to Kodi where the software is developed open source and the goalposts move continuously). Emphasis is audio/video quality.

vadergr

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 01, 2020, 01:47:31 PM »
Update on shipping ETA.

Dune confirmed today that they expect to receive production stock at their warehouse late next week (~2-JUN). On this basis the 10-JUN despatch on our site is realistic and it may even be earlier.

We'll keep ETA updated on the product page (https://www.futeko.com/products/MP106.php) and here.

It would be great if you could context Dune and confirm any additional audio and video playback features compared to the Realbox 4K.
The way things are at the moment, the only ones are I/O and hardware related (different soc,ram, connections).

Is Dolby Vision going to be supported?

Thanks in advance.

Ddv

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 13, 2020, 10:20:02 AM »
Hi everyone!

I pre-ordered the Pro 4K II a couple of days ago. Really looking forward to it (hopefully) arriving within the next 3 to 4 weeks. Currently I use a Dune HD Solo Lite, which has served me well the last couple of years on a 1080p tv. A week ago I upgraded to a LG 65CX, but the Solo Lite doesn't seem to output an HDR signal to the tv. I use a Denon X1600H receiver inbetween and I also replaced all the hdmi cables to version 2.1. The HDR movies do play, but have a washed out look. If I use one of the built-in apps on the tv, for example Youtube of Disney+, the tv shows a HDR logo and it really shines.

So I'm hoping the Pro 4K II to be an upgrade in this regard. Will it deliver the HDR signal to my tv?
And how much of an overall upgrade can I expect it to be over the Solo Lite?

Thank you!

futeko.com

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 15, 2020, 09:38:33 AM »
Yes it will send HDR to your TV. And HDR+.

Compared to Solo Lite, the interface will be similar (as with all Dune products) but it will be much faster. Format support will be better (supporting formats not created when Solo Lite was released - e.g. VP9 profile 2). Picture + audio quality should be similar - Solo Lite used a very good Sigma chipset.

DMD

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 15, 2020, 02:34:17 PM »
Good morning
Having never had a DUNE product, but only HiMedia with Kodi interface.
I ask how the video scraper and juke box works, if it can be organized by genres, I assume it works the same on other Dune products.
Thanks

safcsat

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 15, 2020, 07:27:18 PM »
Update on shipping ETA.

Dune confirmed today that they expect to receive production stock at their warehouse late next week (~2-JUN). On this basis the 10-JUN despatch on our site is realistic and it may even be earlier.

We'll keep ETA updated on the product page (https://www.futeko.com/products/MP106.php) and here.

It would be great if you could context Dune and confirm any additional audio and video playback features compared to the Realbox 4K.
The way things are at the moment, the only ones are I/O and hardware related (different soc,ram, connections).

Is Dolby Vision going to be supported?

Thanks in advance.

This is on my mind as well. @futeko.com I fit does support DV, what sources? ISO, BDMV folders etc?

futeko.com

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 15, 2020, 08:19:55 PM »
Good morning
Having never had a DUNE product, but only HiMedia with Kodi interface.
I ask how the video scraper and juke box works, if it can be organized by genres, I assume it works the same on other Dune products.
Thanks

The interface will be near exactly the same as previous generation Pro 4K. Yes video can be arranged by genre.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zlN7-oy__NY
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=03zcF_DMlzU
« Last Edit: June 15, 2020, 08:22:59 PM by futeko.com »

futeko.com

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 15, 2020, 08:22:40 PM »
This is on my mind as well. @futeko.com I fit does support DV, what sources? ISO, BDMV folders etc?

I think it very unlikely that Pro 4K II will support Dolby Vision. It's not mentioned anywhere in the official specs. https://www.dune-hd.com/products/dune-hd-pro-4k-ii

Do any players support Dolby Vision for local files?

safcsat

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 15, 2020, 10:09:56 PM »

I think it very unlikely that Pro 4K II will support Dolby Vision. It's not mentioned anywhere in the official specs. https://www.dune-hd.com/products/dune-hd-pro-4k-ii

Yeah looks like talk of DV was probably just guesswork before the official launch, rumours on the internet.
« Last Edit: June 27, 2020, 06:30:58 PM by futeko.com »

Nice Monkey

• Loves classic movies
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: June 15, 2020, 10:19:38 PM »
No there is not. The previous reply mentions something with illegally cloned HW provided with hacked FW and sold from below the counter only.
« Last Edit: June 15, 2020, 10:22:22 PM by Nice Monkey »

DELIVERY ∙ PAYMENT ∙ WARRANTY+RETURNS ∙ ABOUT ∙ PRIVACY ∙ FORUM ∙ CONTACT
© SDHDIGITAL LTD 2024