United States
FAST DELIVERY ∙ EXPERT TECH SUPPORT
UK STOCK ∙ 2 YEAR WARRANTY
Zidoo UHD5000
Professional UHD 4K Dolby Vision Hi-Fi audio Home Theatre Media Player with ESS9068 DAC.
  INCLUDES EXPRESS 2-4 DAY DELIVERY 

Author Topic: Transferring files to internal HDD  (Read 9418 times)

stl

• View Profile
Re: Transferring files to internal HDD
« Reply #15 on: March 23, 2020, 09:29:35 AM »
Could be usb Service ports to upgrade firmware for example. Check the routers user manual.
Do you see the router in windows explorer (network) ? If you do, try to plug a flash drive formated in fat32 in the router and see it it's shared.
You might have to install an older Samba protocol version:
https://www.kapilarya.com/how-to-enable-or-disable-smb-protocols-in-windows-10

maelor

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 23, 2020, 05:31:27 PM »
OK, let's go through it step-by-step.

Check that SMB is switched on in Windows:

1. Hold down the "Windows icon" Key and press the "R" key.
2. Type in "optionalfeatures" in the box
3. Scroll down to "SMB1.0/CIFS File Sharing Support" and make sure it's on, then expand it and make sure that "SMB 1.0/CIFS Client" (You shouldn't need "SMB 1.0/CIFS Automatic Removal" and "SMB 1.0/CIFS Server" and you can untick those.)
4. Click OK.
5. You may be ask to reboot your computer!

Now try to add the HiMedia drive to your Windows computer again.
If it still fails try this:

1. Hold down the "Windows icon" Key and press the "R" key.
2. Type in "control panel" in the box
3. Click on "Network and Sharing Centre"
4. Click on "Change advanced sharing settings" in the left-hand menu.
5. Under "Private" - Select "Turn on network discovery" and "Turn on automatic setup ..." and "Turn on file and printer sharing"
6. Under "Guest or Public" - Select "Turn on network discovery" and "Turn on file and printer sharing"
7. Under "All Networks" - Select "Turn on sharing ...." and "Turn off password-protected sharing"

Now try again to add the HiMedia drive to your Windows computer again.

Just check that you are adding the HiMedia drive to the Windows computer the right way:

1. On the Himedia Q10, firstly enable SAMBA service.

- Go to MyApps > Settings > Advance > SAMBA Service > Select Start (but leave Use Password OFF at this stage!)

- Go to MyApps > MediaCenter > LAN > Autosearch

This should come up with two entries:

ANDROID_XXXXX
    PC

You need to write down that Android number for the next part!!!

2. On the Windows 10 Computer

- Open File Explorer (You should see Folders / Devices & Drives / Network Locations)
- Click on the "Add a Network Location" icon on the top menu, click "Next"
- Select "Add a Custom Network Location", click "Next"
- Type in the network address to the required directory, for example:

\\ANDROID_XXXXX\share\media_rw\sda2
    \\ANDROID_XXXXX\share\media_rw\sda2\Music
    \\ANDROID_XXXXX\share\media_rw\sda2\Video

(You can use the "Browse" button), click "Next"

- Type in a meaningful name for this new location e.g. "Himedia Q10 Pro" or "Himedia Q10 Pro Music" or ""Himedia Q10 Pro Videos", then press "Next"

Zidoo Z1000 Pro | Firmware 6.3.40_G | Zidoo V9 AirMouse Remote | WD Red 8Tb HDD

Dutchie53

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 24, 2020, 07:49:08 AM »
Well Maelor, thank you very much for your effort to give this "step by step" tutorial. I have followed all your steps successfully until the screenshots which I have attached to with this message. Whatever I typewrite, it will give continiously this error. I'm very happy I came this far, but I do hope to get the last part done as well. Also Stl thanks for your suggestion and link.
I can't attach the screen shots due limitations (total size 192kb). I have tried to downsize, but than the files are from bad quality.
However from point 2 it started with Windows messages like "Windows requires a share to publish to. (only one o? ? ?). Please try another location." Furthermore a couple of other errors/messages. Very confusing when you would like to try something out with Windows.
« Last Edit: March 25, 2020, 06:38:05 AM by Dutchie53 »

Dutchie53

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 25, 2020, 04:57:02 AM »
I have noticed that SMB version 2 or 3 is required for Windows 10. Well, I do have the latest version from Windows 10 Enterprise (1909 Build 18363.720), but unfortunately I couldn't get it done to have the desired smb 2 or 3.
I do still have version smb 1. Any thoughts about conflicting something with Windows 10?

maelor

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 25, 2020, 02:04:33 PM »
I have noticed that SMB version 2 or 3 is required for Windows 10. Well, I do have the latest version from Windows 10 Enterprise (1909 Build 18363.720), but unfortunately I couldn't get it done to have the desired smb 2 or 3.
I do still have version smb 1. Any thoughts about conflicting something with Windows 10?

Correct! SMB1 is not secure. BUT the HiMedia boxes only work on SMB1, so there is nothing we can do about it, we have to use SMB1  >:(
« Last Edit: March 25, 2020, 02:06:07 PM by maelor »

Dutchie53

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 25, 2020, 04:31:43 PM »
Thank you very much for the specific information Maelor. This is very helpful. Tomorrow I will start all over again with your tutorial and hope that it will eventually work. I will share my experiences later on this week at this great informative forum. I'm also curious about Albinoni, who started actually this topic. Did you made any progress yet?
« Last Edit: March 25, 2020, 04:39:40 PM by Dutchie53 »

Dutchie53

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 26, 2020, 10:06:35 AM »
I do hope that Maelor will read this. Today I've found out that I've got a "Network error" at the last part (2) from your tutorial. (Windows cannot access "\\ANDROID_5813C"). Error code 0x80070035. No matter what I type there, it simply won't work! I have Googled information about the error code but I can't find a solution or I will probably mess up my computer. Any ideas how to find a solution please?

nandish

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 26, 2020, 01:04:38 PM »
I use this ( https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.halfmasked.wififiletransfer&hl=pl ) application to transfer to the internal himedia disk. Works great with a simple configuration. It can be operated with a remote control. Transfer up to 80 MB / s.
I'm writing in English with little google help :)

Dutchie53

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 27, 2020, 04:00:22 AM »
Thank you Nandish, but this is an app from 2014 and I do hesistate to install this app on my computer due the risk of a virus, the app is also in another language. The app has never been updated ever since. I just would like to connect my external HDD to my HiMedia Q10 Pro and play music in another place at my home from my Android smartphone, because I'm running out of space on my phone (128 GB internal space + 128GB micro SD).
« Last Edit: March 27, 2020, 07:04:53 AM by Dutchie53 »

nandish

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 27, 2020, 07:16:03 AM »
I've been using this application for 2 years, there have never been problems or viruses. but the choice is yours :)
I'm writing in English with little google help :)

maelor

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 27, 2020, 11:15:08 AM »
(Windows cannot access "\\ANDROID_5813C"). Error code 0x80070035.

You don't need any apps to do it. SAMBA does the transfer using Windows File Manager via drag and drop. It's that easy.

I think you're getting a permissions error?

Have you EVER set a SAMBA password on your HiMedia box???

(1) Firstly, check your credentials.

Run Control Panel > Credential Manager > Windows Credentials

Do you have an entry there for your ANDROID_XXXXX machine? If so, then the first part of the setup did work. Windows knows about your HiMedia box. at this stage, no more than 10 characters! Are there any other Android entries there?

Click on it to check that the username is the username you want to use to do the file transfers. It should be at administrator level.
(You won't be able to see the password but you can add a new one. Choose a simple one, less than 11 characters.)

Close Windows Credentials.

(2) Go back to the HiMedia box and check that the SAMBA settings there are the same.

Settings > Advance > SAMBA Service

Is the UserName the same as on Windows?

Click "Use password ..." here and type in that password that you set in Windows.

Reboot the HiMedia box, then try adding your HiMedia drive to Windows File Manager.

turtlejay

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 27, 2020, 08:21:08 PM »
ive been using the q10 pro for a couple years on cfw by pcristi. Can someone explain why windows thinks it doesnt have any free space on the HDD when theres a frshly formatted 2tb drive in it? says theres only 900 or so MB free and wont transfer anything

Dutchie53

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 28, 2020, 03:54:58 AM »
Thanks to Nandish and Maelor for you valuable replies. To Maelor; I would like to comment that indeed I've never set up a SAMBA password on my HiMedia Q10 Pro. So I have tried yesterday for many hours to get through this including "https://thegeekpage.com/fix-windows-10-error-code-0x80070035-the-network-path-was-not-found/" which I tried until fix 8. Windows credentials included.
So I will try out your suggestions and will inform the outcome later. For some reason it doesn't allow me to play music or whatever from my home network. I also don't understand how to find a home network on my Android 10 smartphone. I can't find anything in my wifi settings too. I just would like to play content from a computer or HiMedia Q10 Pro with an attached HDD, on my Android smartphone, how difficult could that be?
_________________________________________________________________________________
UPDATE! 11.25 local time Thailand.
I have checked Windows Credentials and there are "No Windows Credentials" HiMedia is not visible!
There are 4 Generic Credentials.
The HiMedia is visible if I open my pc network I can see all the icons from the connected devices, including "ANDROID_5813C".
And of course there is no username in the login settings from the Samba menu HiMedia. Maelor please, I do hope you will keep in touch!...............
__________________________________________________________________________________
UPDATE!
I have just added a Windows Credentials" network address, user name, and password. Unfortunately still nothing visible on my HiMedia? ? ?...............

« Last Edit: March 28, 2020, 09:12:29 AM by Dutchie53 »

Dutchie53

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 30, 2020, 06:52:23 AM »
Thanks to everyone who gave me support with this matter. Unfortunately this is the end off this topic I'll guess. For some a home network might work, and for some simply not. It's 38 degrees Celsius in North East Thailand and it is time to shut a few devices down. I will try to stay cool and will probably fiddling around with the "home network" if the temperatures will be bearable again.

maelor

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: April 01, 2020, 10:53:09 AM »
Sorry it's not working for you  :( .
Yesterday, I deleted my computer/himedia link and then reinstalled it again, just to test my instructions above. It worked first time!
So I've no idea why it's not working for you.

DELIVERY ∙ PAYMENT ∙ WARRANTY+RETURNS ∙ ABOUT ∙ PRIVACY ∙ FORUM ∙ CONTACT
© SDHDIGITAL LTD 2024