United States
FAST DELIVERY ∙ EXPERT TECH SUPPORT
UK STOCK ∙ 2 YEAR WARRANTY
Eversolo DMP-A6
Digital Audio Streamer with ESS DAC.
  INCLUDES EXPRESS 2-4 DAY DELIVERY 

Author Topic: Himedia Q10 Pro Boots to an empty blue screen  (Read 1774 times)

Tymber9

• View Profile
Himedia Q10 Pro Boots to an empty blue screen
« on: January 28, 2020, 06:56:15 PM »
Hi! Just now my Himedia Q10 pro started booting to a blue gradient screen. I can press the 3D button on the remote then tap on the play pause button several times then the system seems to restart the interface. The blue screen disappears then a black screen then a blacker screen then the blue screen comes back up. I tried unplugging the device for about 15mins then starting it again but the same thing happens. I tried that several times, but the same thing happens. There are no icons but I can get the mouse pointer to appear. The blue screen just sits there, nothing happens.  I can't pull up the bottom bar or get to the app drawer. No other buttons/icons on the screen, just the blue gradient. The buttons on the remote don't seem to do anything except for the Power, 3D, and play buttons. I noticed that when the blue screen is restarted, a very brief tool box appears near the bottom showing the nova launcher and 3d Android home screen as the options, but I am unable to choose because it just disappears too quickly. Tried to catch it several times.

I think it is a launcher issue but do not know how to change which launcher loads. Can I just get to the Android home screen with icons some other way? Is there a key combination I can press on the controller to force it to go to any other screen, like the settings screen? Is there a sort of "safe mode" I can activate? Short of doing a firmware install, what can I do/try? Also If I do a firmware install, I do not remember what my current firmware installed is.

Help. :'(

pcristi

• View Profile
Re: Himedia Q10 Pro Boots to an empty blue screen
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2020, 10:22:35 PM »
I think you don't want install FW with paper clip because lost data then if you can connect to box via adb try
https://adbshell.com/upload/adb.zip

A.
adb connect <ip_player>:5555
adb shell am start -n com.android.settings/.Settings

B.
Get any launcher apk like Nova Launcher then install from adb

adb install com.teslacoilsw.launcher_6.2.6.apk
adb shell input keyevent KEYCODE_HOME
(adb shell input keyevent KEYCODE_APP_SWITCH)

C.
scrcpy to connect via network to your box
start scrcpy-noconsole.exe --serial <ip_player>:5555
then drag&drop to scrcpy console com.teslacoilsw.launcher_6.2.6.apk after a while press HOME(ctrl+h).

Tymber9

• View Profile
Re: Himedia Q10 Pro Boots to an empty blue screen
« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2020, 05:24:12 AM »
I think you don't want install FW with paper clip because lost data then if you can connect to box via adb try
https://adbshell.com/upload/adb.zip

A.
adb shell am start -n com.android.settings/.Settings

B.
Get any launcher apk like Nova Launcher then install from adb

adb install com.teslacoilsw.launcher_6.2.6.apk
adb shell input keyevent KEYCODE_HOME
(adb shell input keyevent KEYCODE_APP_SWITCH)

C.
scrcpy to connect via network to your box
start scrcpy-noconsole.exe --serial <ip_player>:5555
then drag&drop to scrcpy console com.teslacoilsw.launcher_6.2.6.apk after a while press HOME(ctrl+h).

Hi! Thanks for the quick reply.

How do I use Adbshell? Sorry, I have never tried adb before. I need step by step instruction on doing this. I don't know how to connect to the box via adb. Do I run it on my windows 10 computer then try to connect to Himedia q10 Pro through the network? Or can I connect through the USB? I also have nova launcher installed already. That is my launcher of choice.

I prefer over USB direct connection. For some reason I can't connect to my device over the network. I think something is wrong with the SMB. My Windows 10 computer can see the Q10 under other devices but can't access the directories over the network. I used to be able to transfer files over the network using my Windows 10 PC but for some reason, one day, it just stopped working. So now I have to physically bring the device to my computer and connect it through USB to access my files on it.

I am thinking of doing a firmware update since I do have the issue with network connection. The problem is, I do not remember which version of Android it is on and what version of the firmware is installed. Is there a reset or restore to factory defaults button or procedure to safely return it to the firmware it originally came in?

Thanks Again.
« Last Edit: January 29, 2020, 12:31:48 PM by Tymber9 »

DELIVERY ∙ PAYMENT ∙ WARRANTY+RETURNS ∙ ABOUT ∙ PRIVACY ∙ FORUM ∙ CONTACT
© SDHDIGITAL LTD 2024