CNY DELAY DISCOUNT INFO
FREE+FAST WORLD SHIPPING
UK STOCK   2 YEAR WARRANTY
MEDIA BOX  :  FORUM  :  CONTACT
Zidoo Z9S [CD1]
Feature packed 4K HDR Android box with auto resolution + framerate switching, UHD/BD menus and Hi-Fi audio.

Author Topic: CFW 2.1.4  (Read 377 times)

Zippi

• View Profile
CFW 2.1.4
« on: January 15, 2020, 07:50:35 AM »
Hi everyone,
I just installed the latest @pcristi 2.1.4 Custom Firmware coming from OFW 2.1.1
I did some tests:

1 - KODI 18.2 when I search on WORKGROUP my Server tells me "ERROR - Invalid Argument"
The only way to find it is to enter its IP address by hand and then it works.
Should i try to install KODI 18.5? Whitch version? There is LEIA 18.5 for Android on KODI official site, can it go well?

2 - I have an "old" Samsung full hd TV but the Q10 Pro allows me to also see 4K UHD films, obviously in 1920x1080.

3 - With the Q10 Mediacenter I can see the BluRay menus of both Full HD and 4K, the few films I have are in BDMV folders and the menus work, only a Harry Potter film starts the same with the film track but if I recall the Full Menu comes out and works, not bad.

4 - With this latest firmware 2.1.4 all films work at 60Hz whether I use its Mediacenter or I use KODI (wrapper enabled )
Do I also need to install the autoFMTswitch to have the 24Hz gearbox?
I read that by starting the films with the FULL BLURAY MENU’ then the film will only go to 60Hz, that is, it does not change the frequency.
I happened to see DEADPOOL starting from the FULL BLURAY MENU 'and it worked at 24Hz !!!!!
All others go to 60Hz.

So in summary I ask you for help:

Do I need to install autoFMTswitch or is it not necessary on the 2.1.4 CFW? Or it doesn't work?

Do i need to install Auto framerate switching for KODI or is it not necessary on CFW 2.1.4?

The app for the BLURAY Menu I saw that it is already included among those installed by this Custom Firmware, do I have to activate it before launching the Mediacenter or KODI or is it not needed?

I apologize for my English and for the many questions but for me it's all new ...

Thank you!
« Last Edit: January 15, 2020, 07:59:43 AM by Zippi »

Zippi

• View Profile
Re: CFW 2.1.4
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2020, 08:19:14 AM »
Hi everyone,
can anyone help me?  :-[

Thanx!

Phil181

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2020, 07:42:34 AM »
Kodi 18.5 for Android can be installed from Kodi website or from PlayStore.  It works fine.

autoFMTswitch is not necessary in your situation.
auto framerate switching is not necessary (you can tick HDMI adaption in Settings)

You seem to have the Blu-ray menu option switched ON, so there is no need for anything else.
It also appears your player is auto-switching from 60Hz to 24Hz and this will depend on each video you are watching.  Not sure why you want to change further?

Zippi

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2020, 10:38:12 AM »
First of all thank you for your answer!  :)

In the meantime, I did some tests.
Now after the various settings and adjustments:

1 - I turn on the Q10 Pro and I don't touch anything anymore.

2 - If as a first film I launch an MKV or an ISO with the MENU 'LITE the TV switch correctly from 60Hz to 24Hz and returns to 60Hz when stopped.

2 - If instead I launch the FULL BLURAY MENU as the first film, the TV remains at 60Hz forever, even if I change the film or do anything else.

Obviously using the WRAPPER this happens both with its MEDIA CENTER and with KODI.

In practice I just have to watch any movie first ( only 1 o 2 seconds ) but without immediately launching the FULL MENU 'BLURAY after which everything I see next will work perfectly at 24Hz, also starting from the FULL BLURAY MENU' !!!!!  :o
Is there any way to make the TV go immediately to 24Hz if I start immediately with the FULL MENU 'BLURAY or nothing can be done?

I will try in the next days KODI 18.5 .....
Thanks again!
« Last Edit: January 20, 2020, 10:41:31 AM by Zippi »

pcristi

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 20, 2020, 03:20:12 PM »
HimediaVideoPlayer not suport AFR when player with BD Menu, if that is critical to you but not need play 3D read about AFR Assistant utility v1.09 and give a try.
https://www.futeko.com/newforum/index.php?topic=3226.msg29761#msg29761

PS Apparently can see original AFR working for disc where BD Menu and main video have a same fps.

DELIVERY  :  WARRANTY / RETURNS  :  FAQ  :  BREXIT  :  ABOUT
Price in £GBP with conversion by Paypal (more info). UK+EU delivery includes VAT at 20% (more info). Privacy Policy. © SDHDIGITAL LTD 2020