United States
FAST DELIVERY ∙ EXPERT TECH SUPPORT
UK STOCK ∙ 2 YEAR WARRANTY
Eversolo DMP-A6
Digital Audio Streamer with ESS DAC.
  INCLUDES EXPRESS 2-4 DAY DELIVERY 

Author Topic: No more new firmware for the Q10 pro unless.....  (Read 4792 times)

Henry_NL

• View Profile
No more new firmware for the Q10 pro unless.....
« on: November 28, 2019, 05:38:56 PM »
Below the email I sent to Himedia support about upcoming firmware releases and the answer I got from them. I recommend everyone having issues to mail directly to Himedia.

------------------ Original Question ------------------
Send time:  Tuesday, November 26, 2019 02:33 AM
To:   exporta@himedia.cn
Subject:  RE: Firmware support for EU version of Q10 Pro
Dear Monica (or other support),
Again I wonder how the firmware support for Himedia Q10Pro has been arranged. I already have the latest firmware from futeko (1.14 EU) but I wonder why I can’t download this from the website of the creator of the device, in this case your website. This seems to be under construction more than half a year ….!
Also my question is if the Q10 Pro is supported for new firmware updates. Can we expect new firmware updates (maybe this year) for the European devices soon?
Thanks for your help and replay and kind regards,
Henry

------------------ Answer from Himedia ------------------

Send Time: Thursday, 28 November 2019 03:41
To: henry
Subject: Re: RE: Firmware support for EU version of Q10 Pro

Hi Henry

Q10pro is very old model which has been produced for 4 years, it's very mature and stable products.
If no big buy or new function requirement, we won't have firmware upgrade on it. I think it's understandable by most of the users. We have devoted many developing work on it and made it almost perfect, unless users could give us more ideas to continue developing it.

Best regards,

Monica

atkinsom

• View Profile
Re: No more new firmware for the Q10 pro unless.....
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2019, 06:49:03 PM »
Conveniently doesn't answer the question about the lack of firmware posts on their site. Yes we can get it here BUT what if Futeko decides to say bye bye? Then we're all SOL. Anyway like I said in other posts I'll just keep flogging my Q5 until it dies!!!

MusiCManiaC

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 28, 2019, 07:55:04 PM »
I will never buy products from this company again!

stl

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 29, 2019, 09:10:06 AM »
It doesn't mater if the Q10 Pro has 4 years, they're still selling them brand new! WTF is wrong with Himedia? At least FIX your firmware...

maelor

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 29, 2019, 01:19:45 PM »

Q10pro is very old model which has been produced for 4 years, it's very mature and stable products.
If no big buy or new function requirement, we won't have firmware upgrade on it. I think it's understandable by most of the users. We have devoted many developing work on it and made it almost perfect, unless users could give us more ideas to continue developing it.

Wow, hold on there .. are they serious???

"Very old" = "four years"  >:(
"stable" and "almost perfect"  ::)
"won't have firmware upgrade"  >:(

So the conclusion is, do not buy any further products from HiMedia!!!
Zidoo Z1000 Pro | Firmware 6.3.40_G | Zidoo V9 AirMouse Remote | WD Red 8Tb HDD

Mount81

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 29, 2019, 01:57:42 PM »
Maybe it's just a hoax or empty promise and I don't want to seem too naive, but the letter from the support MAYBE still states some tiny bit of hope: unless users could give us more ideas to continue developing it.

What about jumping on this probability and do in fact send our requests for continuing the FW development including our wish list regarding the bug fixing? I mean individually, every one here who's still interested could send a corresponding e-mail to them. Maybe sounds a bit too optimistic, but what if a bunch of these user requests would trigger it forward?

I will do send mine for sure, whit my bug fix list included:

Fix unproper 4:2:2 / 8bit output switch to proper 4:4:4 / 10bit when GUI is set to 4K / 60Hz with Frame rate adaptation ON and playing a 4K video.

Fix italic fonts to display properly with srt subs.

Fix auto freque switching for 25fps->50Hz and 29.970fps->59.940Hz with interlaced videos.

Fix Windows SMB Share v2 and v3 compatibility.

Fix general SMB and NFS Share problem with KODI+Wrapper (mostly concerning Synology NAS's, but also Windows Shares), that has introduced in the more recent FW's.

Fix the vertical picture squeezing with 4:3 aspect ratio videos.

Bring back the colorspace and bitdepth settings easy accessibility.

Bring back the "24Hz mode" (auto framerate switching) option accessibility in the main Setting menu.

The address is exporta@himedia.cn, and whatever may be the outcome, i guess it's at least worth to try it. If you think the same way, you can also drop here a line, so we can see how many users would take this action and thus how our chances may improve.         

Henry_NL

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 29, 2019, 06:42:35 PM »
Nice to see this being picked up. I am using CFW latest version. The italic sub display is one of the issues I will certainly mail. Most of the issues from Mount81 I don't experience them that way but that's because of my usage of the Q10Pro. Most MKV's play well (or I don't see the bugs   8) )
So let's collect the issues here and mail lots of them them to Himedia.

rollingrock

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 30, 2019, 08:16:33 AM »
Himedia have not even been able to fix a basic issue in their firmware of being able to turn the wifi off, and it stays off, when the lan is connected and even when the device restarts.

This is a problem on the q10, q5 pro and q30.

pcristi

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 02, 2019, 08:25:50 AM »
@rollingrock
Is Android mobile design to use with priority WiFi when is available.
But is HiMedia settings design to open WiFi after network settings is open then WiFi always ON.
Clean install of:
- OFW 2.1.0/2.1.1
- CFW 2.1.1/2.1.2/2.1.4
- folksy_AK-CS 2.1.4
have WiFi off by defaults.
If never touch HiMedia Network settings will stays off after restart/power OFF/ON.

If need do setting for network use Settings/More/WiFi&Ethernet, a standard Android menu.
Enjoy yours media collections.
« Last Edit: December 02, 2019, 08:40:16 AM by pcristi »

DELIVERY ∙ PAYMENT ∙ WARRANTY+RETURNS ∙ ABOUT ∙ PRIVACY ∙ FORUM ∙ CONTACT
© SDHDIGITAL LTD 2024