United States
FAST DELIVERY ∙ EXPERT TECH SUPPORT
UK STOCK ∙ 2 YEAR WARRANTY
Eversolo DMP-A6
Digital Audio Streamer with ESS DAC.
  INCLUDES EXPRESS 2-4 DAY DELIVERY 

Author Topic: Zidoo UHD2000 any reviews available or experiences in use?  (Read 11153 times)

manley

• View Profile
Zidoo UHD2000 any reviews available or experiences in use?
« on: November 03, 2019, 02:43:54 PM »
Anyone tried it yet with any opinions regarding movie and music playback particularly if any problems. Does anyone know if a usb connected dac is seen by this player and if so can it play any type of music files natively eg not down sampling to 48khz like most android boxes. Thanks

manley

• View Profile
Re: Zidoo UHD2000 any reviews available or experiences in use?
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2019, 09:34:40 AM »
Has no one bought this player yet, if they have one any initial impressions you would like to share?

futeko.com

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2019, 03:14:58 PM »
We have sold more than expected considering the price, but not the kind of volume of a cheaper product at launch. So total number of UHD2000 out with customers is not big and therefore limited potential for online feedback.

The feedback we have had via email has been positive, but we would say that. !

I agree more reviews would be good and I will talk to Zidoo about getting some units out specifically for that purpose.

Toms

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 13, 2019, 03:56:01 PM »
Hello all,

I am new Zidoo UHD2000 user. I would like describe my first remarks about this player in reference to my old Dune HD Max. Zido have newer CPU and can play present video files with H265 codec. It have fast LAN and USB3 interfaces and two HDD sockets. This is big advantage for me compared to Dune.
But there are some shortcomings, at least from my point of view.
1. I have "microstutters" every few minutes during playing video files - with miscellaneous formats (4K, 1080p, 720p, H265, H264). This occur with previous and current (v2.3.3) firmware. I have read thread on AVSForum about this and now I am trying video bit depth and color modes combinations. But this should not occur regardless video mode.
2. The are "dropouts" during 96 kbit FLAC playing (bitstream to amplituner).
3. Many films have black bars on top on bottom. There is no option to stretch image to the height of the screen. In Dune on the remote is button for this option. User can enlarge image and even set custom proportions.
Users on others forums asking about this possibility. Is this too hard to make it in the end of 2019?
4. Picture files are diplayed very fast and this is Zidoo advantage. But how to zoom image? In Dune I can do it.
This is useful option with big images. I think the PgUp and PgDown buttons (or others) may do it. These buttons are untapped during viewing images.
5. Zidoo ZDMC (v18.4) is not stable. I have few crashes during music library scanning and viewing images. I know this is only overlay on the system,  but Dune software was stable as rock.
6. The fan in normal mode is too noisy.
7. I would like to get possibility to change default players. Default Zidoo Music Player (v5) can't  decode multichannel ac3 audio files.

As you can see I am little disappointed for now. This is new product and I think some doubts were solved in ihe near future.

manley

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 14, 2019, 07:28:56 AM »
Many thanks for an honest review, pity about the small niggles with playback which can spoil the experience particularly when you think this is one of the most expensive android boxes out there. It always seems manufacturer's rush these things out as I would of thought they would have seen some of your issues in development and ironed them out before putting it on sale to the public. If you could please update this forum with your experiences in the future particularly with any new firmware updates and if they have helped or introduced new problems. Again many thanks for your initial review this is the first "english" review I have seen on the internet for the UHD2000.

futeko.com

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 14, 2019, 09:23:36 AM »
Hello all,

I am new Zidoo UHD2000 user. I would like describe my first remarks about this player in reference to my old Dune HD Max. Zido have newer CPU and can play present video files with H265 codec. It have fast LAN and USB3 interfaces and two HDD sockets. This is big advantage for me compared to Dune.
But there are some shortcomings, at least from my point of view.
1. I have "microstutters" every few minutes during playing video files - with miscellaneous formats (4K, 1080p, 720p, H265, H264). This occur with previous and current (v2.3.3) firmware. I have read thread on AVSForum about this and now I am trying video bit depth and color modes combinations. But this should not occur regardless video mode.
2. The are "dropouts" during 96 kbit FLAC playing (bitstream to amplituner).
3. Many films have black bars on top on bottom. There is no option to stretch image to the height of the screen. In Dune on the remote is button for this option. User can enlarge image and even set custom proportions.
Users on others forums asking about this possibility. Is this too hard to make it in the end of 2019?
4. Picture files are diplayed very fast and this is Zidoo advantage. But how to zoom image? In Dune I can do it.
This is useful option with big images. I think the PgUp and PgDown buttons (or others) may do it. These buttons are untapped during viewing images.
5. Zidoo ZDMC (v18.4) is not stable. I have few crashes during music library scanning and viewing images. I know this is only overlay on the system,  but Dune software was stable as rock.
6. The fan in normal mode is too noisy.
7. I would like to get possibility to change default players. Default Zidoo Music Player (v5) can't  decode multichannel ac3 audio files.

As you can see I am little disappointed for now. This is new product and I think some doubts were solved in ihe near future.

Thanks for the feedback. I will refer Zidoo to this thread.

1. Playback should be smooth. The basic chipset for video is the same as Zidoo X20. etc so performance is the same (i.e. tried and tested smooth). Settings - playback - Automatic frame rate should be set to 'Switch frame rate..' or 'Switch frame rate and resolution..'.
2. HDMI or SPDIF? If you could provide a sample file I will get Zidoo to look at it.
3. Whilst playing video press menu on remote then Aspect ratio. Choose 'fit' to stretch image to proportionally fit vertically retaining aspect ratio or 'full' to stretch to fit screen completely whilst losing correct aspect ratio.
4. Zidoo will look at it. There are other image viewing apps available for Android which will have better functionality.
5. Kodi 18.4 is not the most stable on any platform. I hope they improve it.
6. Fan can be manually set at Settings - Other - Fan Control. Depending on how many and type of HDD it can be set to Off or low speed. Without a HDD at all it can safely be set to off. With one cool-running HDD (5400RPM or NAS type) in a reasonable cool environment (<~22c) low speed will be OK.
7. I will feed back to Zidoo.
« Last Edit: November 14, 2019, 09:26:22 AM by futeko.com »

Toms

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 14, 2019, 05:38:48 PM »
Thank you for the answer.
I expected response from another buyer.

About aspect ratio I would like to have function with zoom to the high of screen with cutting some area of image on left and right without proportion loss - like in Dune or OPPO players.
For image viewing I try QuickPic and F-Stop Gallery. These applications have many options but handling with remote is awkward.

I have one question for users of this type or another player. How is CPU utilization with running only ZDMC (or KODI) without playing anything? In ZDMC options is info about system with strap showing this value. At my place is about 60%. Is this OK?

eddyshere

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 03, 2019, 10:26:00 PM »
At that price tag the UHD2000, does not shine straight out-of-the-box for me.
Delivery was as always lightning fast (thanks Futeko) but when I exchanged my X20 for it first problems appeared :

I control zidoos with their RS-232 port. Whilst it worked brilliantly well and stable with the X20 ...On the UHD2000 rs-232 just doesn't work. I don't know if it's a firmware issue or i have a faulty player.
If somebody could try it out....sending the serial command #PON or #POF should turn on/turn off the player.

Nice Monkey

• Loves classic movies
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 04, 2019, 07:41:18 AM »
I control zidoos with their RS-232 port. Whilst it worked brilliantly well and stable with the X20 ...On the UHD2000 rs-232 just doesn't work. I don't know if it's a firmware issue or i have a faulty player.
Reported by others too so not an individual HW fault. As RS232 in fact is implemented on the Audio panel it still could be a HW design flaw, but I presume it is just a FW issue.

I think this one is for Futeko to follow-up.
« Last Edit: December 04, 2019, 08:00:13 AM by Nice Monkey »

Fish

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 05, 2020, 09:35:31 PM »
Hello Everyone!

The player(UHD2000) arrived on December 23rd, since then I am a happy owner!
It does its job beautifully and is first class in quality! Anyone who doubts,this is a very good machine!
Picture and sound are fantastic and playback is stable! (UHD Bluray,mkv etc..)

My English is very bad, so I apologize in advance!

Br.
Fish(Hungary)
« Last Edit: January 05, 2020, 09:37:20 PM by Fish »

Komarfamily

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 16, 2020, 06:42:37 PM »
My friend bought a zidoo uhd 2000 and he locked the resolution to 1080/24 however any time there is a uhd source to be played the player switches the resolution to 4k. That is a problem as his epson 9400 automatically triggeres the e-shift which he does not like.

Is there a way to permanently fix the resolution for any sources?

futeko.com

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 23, 2020, 09:23:14 AM »
Settings - Playback - Frame-Rate Switch - Frame rate mode.

Select either 'Off' or 'Only Frame-Rate' to prevent resolution switching according to video source.

Nice Monkey

• Loves classic movies
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 17, 2020, 12:59:47 PM »
Please find the link attached for my full review of UHD2000 compared with Z9S plus an External USB DAC when used for HiFi Audio playback.
http://forum.zidoo.tv/index.php?threads/practical-experiences-using-the-uhd2000-compared-to-z9s-usb-dac.78722/
Feel free to comment here or on the Zidoo Forum directly.

Für diejenigen die Deutsch bevorzugen gibst hier eine Übersetzung:
https://www.android-mediaplayer.de/forum/index.php?thread/8008-vergleich-zidoo-uhd2000-mit-z9s-externer-dac-benutzt-für-hifi-audio/&postID=121502#post121503
Dank an "Lony" für seine Beihilfe und vor allem "zusammen" für die Übersetzung.   8)
« Last Edit: July 02, 2020, 12:52:53 PM by Nice Monkey »

DELIVERY ∙ PAYMENT ∙ WARRANTY+RETURNS ∙ ABOUT ∙ PRIVACY ∙ FORUM ∙ CONTACT
© SDHDIGITAL LTD 2024