FAST DELIVERY EXPERT TECH SUPPORT
UK STOCK   2 YEAR WARRANTY
MEDIA BOX     DELIVERY INFO    FORUM    CONTACT
Zidoo Z10 Pro
Ultra-HD 4K HDR Home Theatre HDD Media Player. Dolby Vision, HDR10+. 3.5" HDD bay.
  INCLUDES 2 DAY DELIVERY
$350 US Dollar

Author Topic: New versions of Kodi (for HiMedia)  (Read 12628 times)

DMD

• View Profile
Re: New versions of Kodi
« Reply #30 on: July 28, 2020, 06:29:36 PM »
Restoring and backup Kodi settings
(alternative procedure fast method)

This procedure is used both for the firmware update or when installing a new version of Kodi, in order not to lose all the settings, custom settings and everything else.

Requirements:
A- Sufficient space in the internal memory or use of an SD card.

B- The procedure is managed by PC, for which the LAN is used (SAMBA mode activated on HiMedia).

C- Activate the display of hidden files.
Control panel> File Explorer options> View> Show hidden folders, files and drives> Apply

Procedure summary:
The Kodi folders relating to all the personalized settings and settings are temporarily transferred, using the cut and paste method (for this reason it is a fast method), in a "Service folder", that must be created.
When the update has been carried out or the new version of Kodi has been installed, the reverse operation must be carried out.
With the cut and paste method, we take the folders stored in the "Service folder" to copy them to the Kodi installation path.
Operation that ends very quickly.

Details of the procedure:
1- Go to the path "\share\sdcard\" create a folder with name, example "Service folder".

2- Go to the path:
         "\share\sdcard\Android\data\org.xbmc.kodi\files\.kodi"
          and with the right mouse button select "Cut" on the "addons" and "userdata".

3- Return to the folder previously created "Service folder" and with the right mouse button select "Paste"

4- Perform the firmware or Kodi update.

5- Launch Kodi and give the data consent and then exit.

6- Carry out the reverse operation, return to the "Service folder" with the right mouse button, select       
    "Cut" on the "addons" and "userdata" folders.

7- Go back to the Kodi path: "\share\sdcard\Android\data\org.xbmc.kodi\files\.kodi"
     and with the right mouse button select "Paste".

8- Let's go back to the HiMedia main menu and select the "QuickClean" app and restart the box.

9- Launch Kodi and have fun.

If, on the other hand, we wish to backup the "addons" and "userdata" folders, it is better to use the Teracopy tool. This procedure takes time equal to the size of the files, as it must transfer the metadata.

« Last Edit: August 28, 2020, 09:33:54 AM by DMD »
HiMedia Q5 Pro and Q10 Pro (OFW 2.1.7) | Kodi 18.9 (skin AeonMQ 8 2.9.0) |  Remote Rii Mini MX3 | Splitter HDMI HDFury AVR-KEY | Display LG 65B6V | Cables HDMI KabelDirekt Pro series | Audio processor Yamaha RX-V775 | Rotel RMB-1075

laager

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: October 03, 2020, 01:50:47 AM »
18.8 is out and in the Play Store. Cannot see what has changed.

pcristi

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: January 23, 2021, 11:17:21 PM »
Matrix 19.0-Final is plan to be release it on February 14, 2021.
Kodi 19-RC(Beta 2/1) maybe need set Android volume to maxim(15) before open Kodi to avoid getting only noise when passthrough is enable and use Kodi VideoPlayer.
Small helper for all ATV/Lite/CS-AK/CFW which set volume to maxim when Kodi is open and restore to previous value when is exit.
Download helper rename to update.zip and apply from menu.
Note: Don't try with OFW will not do anything on that.

unclejoshc

• View Profile
Re: New versions of Kodi (for HiMedia)
« Reply #33 on: February 22, 2021, 04:41:50 PM »
Anyone know if this release will allow DTS audio passthrough. I am tired of having all my DTS tracks output in 2 channel PCM.

HereIsTom

• Sony 55A89 Android TV
    • View Profile
    • Cybershot Photo Website!
« Reply #34 on: February 22, 2021, 04:44:54 PM »
Kodi 19 has problems with many add-ons!
And with Kodi 18.9 I have already DTS audio passthrough in 5.1/7.1
HiMedia Q10 Pro | ATV 2.1.7 | Kodi 18.9 | Rii i8 Plus | Harmony Ultimate One | Pioneer VSX-934 | Sony 55A89 4K Android TV

SSThing

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: February 23, 2021, 10:26:15 AM »

Correct!
And many dependencies can't be located and restoring using the Backup fails.
Very annoying.
LG EC930V, Onkyo TX-NR3030, LSA Audio LSA2 speakers, Polk Audio centre.

unclejoshc

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: February 23, 2021, 03:43:56 PM »

I did not have any DTS options in Kodi 18.9 at all.

Chairman

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: February 27, 2021, 03:25:17 PM »

I did not have any DTS options in Kodi 18.9 at all.

Did you get 18.2 working with passthrough? I havent tried it yet. Try changing HDMI mode to Auto

unclejoshc

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: February 28, 2021, 02:10:21 AM »
I never got AAC 5.1 passthrough working. I updated to 18.9 and then 19.0 and there is no DTS passthrough on either.

I have basically given up hope of ever getting passthrough to work.

Dutchie53

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: February 28, 2021, 08:32:35 AM »
I DO APOLOGIZE THAT I PLACED MY STORY IN ANOTHER TOPIC AT THIS FORUM (Himedia Q series cannot handle AAC 6.1 and up?). I would like to share it here!
Dear all. I also bumped into the problem from AAC AC3 DTS 5.1, 6.1 and 7.1 formats with the coaxial or optical output from the Q10 Pro (2016 model) to my receiver. Although last week it suddenly did work, but since I tried to update the Kodi player I've lost the desired AC3 DTS (5.1) output. I've tried Kodi 18.2, 18.7 and 18.9 versions. There is a newer 19.0 version, but there is no official update for that. Also with the internal player no AC3 DTS output with the AAC video content. I have been fiddling around with the wrapper player setting as well the other audio settings from my Q10 Pro. I would like to know how to get it back again please. On my Windows 10 pro pc everything works fine with the desired outputs, but not with the HiMedia Q10 pro.

Dutchie53

• View Profile
« Reply #40 on: February 28, 2021, 08:47:27 AM »
I'm thinking about the latest Kodi 19.0 to install which I've noticed from "Pcristi" at this forum, but I don't know how to install that without losing everything. If I use the "reset paperclip" option I will loose the latest CFW 2.1.7 update. Usually there are "Kodi" updates at the Google Play Store, but these are the older versions. Pcristi mentioned in his comment (23 January 2021) for Kodi 19.0 "which set volume to maximum when Kodi is open and restore to previous value when exit". That's the same situation as I experienced, but gave me AAC AC3 / DTS (5.1 / 6.1) output. My request is, how to install Kodi 19.0 the most simple way please?

01-03-2021 UPDATE! PROBLEM SOLVED BY ENABLE ALL THE AUDIO "PASSTHROUGH'" OPTIONS IN KODI 19.0 MATRIX. THIS WORKS WITH SPDIF COAXIAL AND OPTICAL CONNECTION TO RECEIVER WITHOUT HDMI! ! !
« Last Edit: March 02, 2021, 11:36:46 AM by Dutchie53 »

HereIsTom

• Sony 55A89 Android TV
    • View Profile
    • Cybershot Photo Website!
« Reply #41 on: February 28, 2021, 09:31:31 AM »
My advice, just wait till Kodi 19.1, because a lot is not working with Kodi 19.
HiMedia Q10 Pro | ATV 2.1.7 | Kodi 18.9 | Rii i8 Plus | Harmony Ultimate One | Pioneer VSX-934 | Sony 55A89 4K Android TV

Dutchie53

• View Profile
« Reply #42 on: March 01, 2021, 06:05:44 AM »
Thank you very much "HerelsTom". Yes I have noticed the problems. If I knew, I just kept the Kodi 18.9 and enable the "Passthrough" settings in the audio option menu. Now I do have AAC AC3 (5.1 & 6.1) and DTS with a SPDIF coax or optical cable to my non HDMI receiver. I'm happy, it works........ 

Phil181

• View Profile
« Reply #43 on: March 09, 2021, 12:38:33 AM »
Kodi 19.0 has created issues for all Android users with HDD's, SD cards, USB flash drives. 
It not only gives them generic Android/Linux OS names sdda2, sddb1 etc but also, it duplicates each entry in the library, so that it appears two identical devices are attached.  It even scans each "drive" separately for updates, doubling the time taken (not ideal when 8Tb drives are re-attached and it no longer recognises the drive's name and has to re-scan twice).

Not sure how this major Android issue passed beta testing, but it was released this way!
Kodi forum has advised there are no active Android programmers, so it may take a while for a fix to be released........

N.B. I was under the impression I had turned off Kodi auto-updates, but found out that this was not the case  >:( 

DELIVERY  :  WARRANTY / RETURNS  :  EU SHIPPING AFTER BREXIT  :  ABOUT
Privacy Policy. © SDHDIGITAL LTD 2021