FREE+FAST WORLD DELIVERY
UK STOCK   2 YEAR WARRANTY
MEDIA BOX  :  FORUM  :  CONTACT
Dune HD Pro 4K II
Dune ecosystem Ultra-HD 4K HDR+ Media Player. New 2020 Realtek 1619 chipset. 4GB RAM / 32GB storage.  £279.99  €321  $376

Author Topic: How to add NFS Server capabilities to Windows ( FREE )  (Read 1539 times)

kodiloaded

• It's not good to step in dogshit !
    • View Profile
How to add NFS Server capabilities to Windows ( FREE )
« on: June 20, 2019, 02:27:43 PM »
Since SMB transfer from a Windows based PC is so slow I went looking online for an NFS
Based alternative, I found this post in another forum and thought I would share it with the Futeko Community, I used a Dell latitude on Wireless N for testing and was getting around 20MB per second transfers to the Q10 Pro, Not to shabby for WIFI
I prefer NFS, but it's not supported natively on most versions of win.
Here's a way to add NFS service capabilities on win using the FOSS WinNFSd.

1. Download WinNFSd.exe latest version from https://github.com/winnfsd/winnfsd/releases (2.4.0 as of now)

2. Place it in a new folder. I'm gonna use C:\winnfsd for this guide.

3. Inside that folder create a text document, name it exports.txt, open it and paste inside the paths you'd like to share (eg F:\Videos). One path per line, and start from the second line - leave first line blank! (I don't know why but in my case the path I put in the first line didn't get shared).

4. Create another text document in the same folder, name it nfsservice.bat, and paste in it: winnfsd.exe -id 0 0 -log off -pathFile "C:\winnfsd\exports.txt" and save it.

5. Right-click on that file, Send to -> Desktop (create shortcut).

6. Move shortcut to windows's startup folder (C:\Users\username\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Startup)

That's it, run nfsservice.bat or restart (the service will start on every boot).

DELIVERY  :  WARRANTY / RETURNS  :  FAQ  :  BREXIT  :  ABOUT
Price in £GBP with conversion by Paypal (more info). UK+EU delivery includes VAT at 20% (more info). Privacy Policy. © SDHDIGITAL LTD 2020