United States
FAST DELIVERY ∙ EXPERT TECH SUPPORT
UK STOCK ∙ 2 YEAR WARRANTY
Zidoo Z20 Pro
Ultra-HD 4K Dolby Vision Home Theatre 3.5" HDD Media Player.
  INCLUDES EXPRESS 2-4 DAY DELIVERY 

Author Topic: Simple method to transfer movies from pc to Z10?  (Read 9157 times)

jenga

• View Profile
Simple method to transfer movies from pc to Z10?
« on: May 12, 2019, 11:04:30 PM »
Im not tech savvy.  I know nothing about rooting the Z10 and I can't seem to transfer files using this guide ( [MEDIA=youtube]HVhrO7-QEmc[/MEDIA] ) because I have no root path.  I'm assuming because my new Z10 is not rooted.  I have tried FileZilla but I am unable to write to Z10 internal HDD.

I can connect my Z10 via wifi or ethernet.  Currently its ethernet.  I do have ZDMC installed but that is the extent of what I have done. 

I have had a wd live hub before and an appletv which had very simple file transfers.  The Z10 does not. 

I need a step by step guide from unboxing to watching a downloaded 4K movie. 

Is this too much for a not tech savvy guy to do?  If so, I will just sell my brand new Z10.

I guess what Im really needing is the order in which I need to do things and then the guides to help me through the process.

futeko.com

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Simple method to transfer movies from pc to Z10?
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2019, 09:29:48 AM »
Either:

Place the files in a Samba share on your PC and copy/paste them on the Zidoo using Media Center app.

or

Enable either Samba or FTP servers on Zidoo box using OpenWRT then access these shares using PC.

1. Find the IP address of your Z9S/Z10/X20/X20 Pro on your local network. Home screen - About. (e.g. 192.168.0.33)
2. Access that IP address on a web browser connected to same network (e.g. 192.168.0.33). The default password is a blank space (highly recommended to change it on first use!).
3. Go to NAS Services in the OpenWRT menu, then the Samba or FTP options. Check the 'enable' box to turn on.
4. For Samba, select which directories you want to share by selecting 'Add' at the bottom. If you want to share everything enter / in the path box. All attached storage is at path /mnt
5. Selected folders should now be visible to the network as Samba shares (or FTP folder if FTP chosen).
« Last Edit: May 13, 2019, 09:42:25 AM by futeko.com »

jenga

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2019, 01:03:00 AM »
I did all the steps on the bottom part, I labeled a share folder on my desktop called "ZIDOO".

I go to my Z10, through Media Center, go down to SMB and select, go to ip address of my Z10 player, at the very bottom is my new folder I created on desktop called ZIDOO.

I put an X-264 copy of family guy in the folder at the desktop.

I open folder "ZIDOO" and I see a sub folder labeled "android".  Inside is acct, cache, config, d, data, dev, mnt, oem, proc, and about 30 others.

I look in mnt where I thought it would be and it's empty. 

I'm confused where the file should be and how I would add it to the ZBMC.

futeko.com

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 14, 2019, 01:58:08 PM »
You should see all attached storage (USB and SATA) under /mnt as /mnt/sda1 etc.

Using Samba or FTP these shares are fully visible and writeable for me.

I see the problem with accessing the internal storage (/mnt/sdcard). To write to this either initiate the transfer from the Z10 using SMB or copy across manually using attached storage. For a better answer as to why internal storage is inaccessible via Samba/FTP please post the same question on Zidoo's forum.

jenga

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 15, 2019, 11:14:10 AM »
I appreciate you trying to help.

I posted the same issue on zidoo at the same time as this post and nobody has replied.  Their forum is pretty inactive. 

Can you point me in the direction of a step by step guide on using samba and ftp?  Im not familiar with them but maybe that's my best route.  As of yet, I am not even able to stream or transfer any shows. 

futeko.com

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 17, 2019, 10:47:00 AM »
Setting up Samba or FTP will depend on your PC operating system and it's version.

Samba/SMB share on Windows 10 (steps one and two): https://www.howtogeek.com/176471/how-to-share-files-between-windows-and-linux/
FTP server on Windows 10: https://www.windowscentral.com/how-set-ftp-server-windows-10#configure_ftp_server_windows10

jenga

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 18, 2019, 01:04:47 AM »
Cant get it to work.  FTB, Samba and I even tried directly connecting via usb.  This player is a complete piece of garbage.  It should be a very simple plug n play system like the WD, Shield,  and  AppleTV that I have owned were. 

Next time I will just have a friend build a HTPC for me.  Complete waste of money. 

futeko.com

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 20, 2019, 04:11:35 PM »
Please reply with exactly what you want to achieve and your PC operating system and version.

Setting up a Samba share on a PC is equally as easy regardless of whether you have a Shield, WDTV etc.

DELIVERY ∙ PAYMENT ∙ WARRANTY+RETURNS ∙ ABOUT ∙ PRIVACY ∙ FORUM ∙ CONTACT
© SDHDIGITAL LTD 2024