UK STOCK NO CUSTOMS UK+EU
2 YEAR WARRANTY
FEATURED  :  MEDIA BOX  :  OTHER  :  FORUM  :  CONTACT
Zidoo Z9S
AUTO REFRESH+RESOLUTION SWITCHING
UHD+BD+DVD ISO FULL MENUS
RAW AUDIO PASSTHROUGH
ZIDOO HOME THEATRE + OPENWRT

Author Topic: Egreat R200S UPDATE  (Read 357 times)

Charlie P

• View Profile
Egreat R200S UPDATE
« on: April 02, 2019, 07:14:40 AM »
Hi
Not sure I should be posting this here but.... Can anyone give me a hint as to what to do, my Egreat R200S has died on me, when I power it on now all I get on the front of the unit is UPDATE. The TV screen shows Wait for USB update.

What update am I supposed to be carrying out? My first thought was firmware but I can't get into the machine to see my existing firmware so I don't know what to update to?

Any ideas very welcome.

Charlie P

• View Profile
Re: Egreat R200S UPDATE
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2019, 07:46:13 AM »
Nobody have any ideas.... I've found the latest release of firmware (image file) and followed the instructions but, the TV screen shows installing rev: 0.0.1 it is supposed to be 0.1.37 as far as I can tell... when it reaches 100% install is says install complete then starts all over again continually cycling..

Any ideas?

Slappy

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2019, 09:07:24 PM »
If the R200S version you have uses the mips core (realtek rtd1186), the problem you are likely experiencing is related to nand corruption.

The way the shutdown controller works in the R200S (1186 version) is similar to pulling the power plug out of the device.  This is what eventually causes the nand to get corrupted, with random errors recorded in the bbt (bad block table) and/or corruption of yaffs (nand filesystem).

Just reinstalling the firmware won't fix the problem, because the 1186 bootloader will detect the corruption again and boot into the recovery bootloader instead of the operating bootloader.

The fix is to do a flash erase of the nand.  Preferably of just the bad blocks but it is okay to do a full (as much as possible) erase.

A ttl serial cable will eventually be required.  It isn't required to do the erase, or to even install the firmware after the erase is completed, but it is necessary to restore the ethernet mac address after the erase.

You can read about the process on the moservices site (in Russian).

pcristi

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2019, 07:42:27 AM »
R200s not have any firmware version closer to that number " 0.1.37"
Before to try recover from ttl console may you try to revive your R200s installing correct firmware including bootloader for here.

Zidoo Z10
3.5" HDD BAY
AUTO REFRESH+RESOLUTION SWITCHING
UHD+BD+DVD ISO FULL MENUS
RAW AUDIO PASSTHROUGH
IN STOCK
DELIVERY  :  WARRANTY  :  RETURNS  :  FAQ  :  BREXIT  :  ABOUT  :  CONTACT
PayPal Acceptance Mark
Prices are charged in £GBP with conversion at Paypal's current rate. The Euro / price on our site is approximate. More info here. Prices for UK + EU delivery include VAT at 20%. PRIVACY+COOKIE POLICY.

© SDHDIGITAL LTD 2019. All rights reserved.