FREE+FAST WORLD SHIPPING
UK STOCK   2 YEAR WARRANTY
MEDIA BOX  :  FORUM  :  CONTACT
HiMedia S500
New HiMedia HiSilicon media box running Google Certified Android TV 9.0. Imprex 2.0 image enhancement. Bluetooth voice remote.

Author Topic: Unable tp play UHD files + 2 other major issues  (Read 3178 times)

vale69

• View Profile
Unable tp play UHD files + 2 other major issues
« on: July 28, 2018, 03:50:06 PM »
Dear all,

I received a couple of days ago my box, after several months of wait.
Unfortunately, on top of the issue of the player being unable tp play UHD files - already reported in the previous post (I can only play 10% of UHD files) - I have to add that full menu does not work on Blu ray (neither .iso nor AVCHD) files, but only on DVD rips.
Netflix and youtube audio stutters continuously every 2 to 4 seconds.
I have done a factory reset + manually uploaded latest firmware with no result.

So far VERY VERY DISAPPOINTING, I'd say UNACCEPTABLE.
I still use my Egreat A5 which is infinetely better.
So far it seems a product born with extreme delay and an enormous amount of firmware problems....hopefully to be solved soon.

regards

futeko.com

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Unable tp play UHD files + 2 other major issues
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2018, 10:22:22 PM »
Does this fix the UHD problem: http://www.futeko.com/newforum/index.php?topic=3580.15

BD menus is not a feature advertised by us. Dune promise it in a future update.

Netflix/Youtube audio should not stutter. They don't with 99% of users. Maybe also an HDMI cable problem.

vale69

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2018, 06:00:36 PM »
Hi and thanks for your prompt reply.

Only the h.264 codec files work: all HEVC won't play at all and would make the box hang until reboot.
I did another reset, changed HDMI cable (very expensive one which works perfectly fine with Egreat A5) but have to confirm Youtube and Netflix audio stuttering (I have a cabled 1 Gbit/sec internet connection !).

Frankly (I had the "solo" version a year ago and was absolutely perfect) I'd rather return the box if possibile: I really see more cons than pros to be honest. I purchased it on July 18th (invoice date) but only received on wednesday July 25th

thanks.

dorol

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 29, 2018, 08:07:16 PM »
All my HEVC and UHD files works fine.
But only after replaced hdmi cable supplied by Dune.
Maybe a bricked unit?
And no stuttering playing videos from Youtube.

futeko.com

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 30, 2018, 08:47:08 AM »
We'll take the box back if that's what you want to do, no problem.

I still think this is a problem with TV setup / compatibility, but we'll only know for sure when we get a box with these reported issues back to test.

momo111

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 30, 2018, 02:56:35 PM »
I've had the same problem from  the beginning and found one solusion working for me:

delete two plugins (Extended EPG and IPTV) from settings->miscellaneous->plugins

turn off/on with the switch at the back panel

vale69

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 30, 2018, 08:18:56 PM »
We'll take the box back if that's what you want to do, no problem.

I still think this is a problem with TV setup / compatibility, but we'll only know for sure when we get a box with these reported issues back to test.

Thanks for your answer.
I'm a bit undecided: I'm not sure I understand your return policy. When you state "30 days return policy, no questions asked" do you mean you're willing to accept a returning device regardless the (alleged) issue or only if the issue turns up during your test ?
In other words I'm aware that the 2 issues present themselves in my setup, although it's the identical setup where a previous "Solo lite" and my current Egreat A5 work perfectly fine. I reckon there is the possibility that if you plug this dune 4k pro straight to a 4K HDR TV with nothing in between and play a few files from a USB thumb it might work smoothly. Neverthless I'd still need it to work in my setup.

Thanks and best regards.

Nice Monkey

• Loves classic movies
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 30, 2018, 08:56:18 PM »
Thanks for your answer.
I'm a bit undecided: I'm not sure I understand your return policy. When you state "30 days return policy, no questions asked" do you mean you're willing to accept a returning device regardless the (alleged) issue or only if the issue turns up during your test ?
Futeko is a no nonsense shop and they will take back the box if you are unhappy with it for whatever reason. Nice that these days there are still shops like that around.  :)
« Last Edit: July 30, 2018, 09:00:20 PM by Nice Monkey »

futeko.com

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 31, 2018, 08:05:28 AM »

We will accept any item back within 30 days for full refund regardless of whether it's faulty or not.

If the item is faulty (as tested by us) we'll refund your postage cost returning the item to us, if it isn't faulty you pay for return postage.

We'll be testing a Dune 4K Pro returned with the problem described in this thread later this week. This testing will determine whether it's a hardware fault or not (because we have other working Dune 4K Pros).

Wespa

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 23, 2018, 04:00:47 PM »
Below the firmware fixes your problem with hevc :    http://files.dune-hd.com/tmp/dune_firmware_tv292a_180606_1346_r13.dff   . Important: After installing this firmware, please be sure to turn off the power (by the button on the case or from the socket).

After updating the software, restart the player by power.
« Last Edit: August 23, 2018, 06:19:47 PM by Wespa »

alex5723

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 31, 2018, 09:10:56 AM »
Hi,

Does the .1346 fix just the UHD playback of does it fix some other bugs as I have a sever problem where I can't stream from my new Windows 10 PC to the Dune 4K as the Dune doesn't "see" ,over wired network using SMB, my laptop , while my laptop "sees" Dune. For now I have to copy movies... over the network, to  a HDD attached to Dune in order to view "offline".
Dune 4K worked just fine with my previous Windows 7 laptop.

Since a long time has passed from the last time that I have updated a firmware on a Dune , does the update keep all current settings ?
« Last Edit: August 31, 2018, 10:05:56 AM by alex5723 »

Wespa

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 31, 2018, 06:17:20 PM »
Hi,

Does the .1346 fix just the UHD playback of does it fix some other bugs as I have a sever problem where I can't stream from my new Windows 10 PC to the Dune 4K as the Dune doesn't "see" ,over wired network using SMB, my laptop , while my laptop "sees" Dune. For now I have to copy movies... over the network, to  a HDD attached to Dune in order to view "offline".
Dune 4K worked just fine with my previous Windows 7 laptop.

Since a long time has passed from the last time that I have updated a firmware on a Dune , does the update keep all current settings ?
Firmware is not a problem. On the laptop all settings like on a PC? "windows 10 update no homegroup" https://www.google.com/search?hl=de-DE&ie=UTF-8&source=boatbrowser&q=windows+10+update+no+homegroup
"HOW TO HOMEGROUP WITHOUT HOMEGROUP in Windows 10 ..."    https://youtu.be/uNeo7O6ImAo

vale69

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 16, 2018, 01:17:45 PM »
Below the firmware fixes your problem with hevc :    http://files.dune-hd.com/tmp/dune_firmware_tv292a_180606_1346_r13.dff   . Important: After installing this firmware, please be sure to turn off the power (by the button on the case or from the socket).

After updating the software, restart the player by power.

shame that it was too late and that I already returned the unit to Futeko.
Maybe I'll give it another try later on, but not before a couple of stable fimwares and the certainty the machine will be at least at the level of its competitors with full HEVC functionality, YouTube and Netflix features and of course ISO BD/UHD full menu. Otherwise I'll keep my A5 which for 30% less in pricing so far works better in my opinion.

regards and thanks for your input

kovu94

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 27, 2018, 06:24:59 PM »
Hey,

I also own the Dune HD Pro 4k since a few weeks now and I'm also affected by the annoying bug that in most cases playback of x265 movies isn't working. I tried several firmwares including the latest betas, different hdmi cables and also deleting the plugins. It's like a lottery to get it to work.
Are there any news about this bug? Himedia Q5 is working fine on same equipment.

Av receiver is a Yamaha rx-a850 and after it a philips 4k TV (65pus7303).

Does someone maybe have an official mailadress from dune so that I can contact them directly? (I ordered the player directly in Germany).

Many greetings
Sebastian

dorol

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 29, 2019, 05:11:46 PM »
Hey,

I also own the Dune HD Pro 4k since a few weeks now and I'm also affected by the annoying bug that in most cases playback of x265 movies isn't working. I tried several firmwares including the latest betas, different hdmi cables and also deleting the plugins. It's like a lottery to get it to work.
Are there any news about this bug? Himedia Q5 is working fine on same equipment.

Av receiver is a Yamaha rx-a850 and after it a philips 4k TV (65pus7303).

Does someone maybe have an official mailadress from dune so that I can contact them directly? (I ordered the player directly in Germany).

Many greetings
Sebastian

Some units seems to have this bug with x265 movies - i dont know why .
My friend have this bug and he find a solution: play first a h264 movie (for 10-15 sec) then thex265 file .

DELIVERY  :  WARRANTY / RETURNS  :  FAQ  :  BREXIT  :  ABOUT
Price in £GBP with conversion by Paypal (more info). UK+EU delivery includes VAT at 20% (more info). Privacy Policy. © SDHDIGITAL LTD 2019