United States
FAST DELIVERY ∙ EXPERT TECH SUPPORT
UK STOCK ∙ 2 YEAR WARRANTY
Zidoo Z2000 Pro
Ultra-HD 4K Dolby Vision Home Theatre 3.5" HDD Media Player.
  INCLUDES EXPRESS 2-4 DAY DELIVERY 

Author Topic: Not able to play uhd movies  (Read 21099 times)

mcsener

• View Profile
Re: Not able to play uhd movies
« Reply #15 on: July 25, 2018, 09:46:38 AM »
Dear Admin,
Thank you for your help in the beginning. I do not use media player for the first time. I have used many brands and model media players before. I only used models like PRIME 3D, DUO, TV 301, BASE 3D that belong to the Dune brand. I used the Himedia Q10 Pro. I just sold himedia q10 pro media player to get the Dune HD Pro 4k. As you said, the fact that very few users have this problem does not mean that the product will not be faulty. I reach this result from here.

futeko.com

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 25, 2018, 09:51:33 AM »
Dear Admin,
Thank you for your help in the beginning. I do not use media player for the first time. I have used many brands and model media players before. I only used models like PRIME 3D, DUO, TV 301, BASE 3D that belong to the Dune brand. I used the Himedia Q10 Pro. I just sold himedia q10 pro media player to get the Dune HD Pro 4k. As you said, the fact that very few users have this problem does not mean that the product will not be faulty. I reach this result from here.

I think, because this happens only with 4K video of a certain format, it is most likely an incompatibility problem and will be resolved in software.

Dune are investigating, and when we get a box back with the reported problem it will go a long way to determining whether this is a incompatibility (handshaking or similar) problem or hardware.

mcsener

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 25, 2018, 10:10:01 AM »
My media player has no problem with only 4k videos. I have the same problem with all x265 videos. (x265 1080p / x265 1080p 10bit / x265 4k / x265 4k 10bit)  Some x265 10bit videos also display a green image on the screen. However, most videos also come with a black screen.

Wespa

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 27, 2018, 08:18:57 PM »
On the forum hdtv.ru tode complain about a problem with hevc files. I ordered Dune in December and got it in April. I do not observe problems with hevc. All files from http://jell.yfish.us/ are played smoothly, even jellyfish-400-mbps-4k-uhd-hevc-10bit.mkv.

dorol

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 28, 2018, 08:21:24 AM »
My media player has no problem with only 4k videos. I have the same problem with all x265 videos. (x265 1080p / x265 1080p 10bit / x265 4k / x265 4k 10bit)  Some x265 10bit videos also display a green image on the screen. However, most videos also come with a black screen.

Don't use dune hdmi cable.
Same problem here {green image} until i replaced the cable.
« Last Edit: July 28, 2018, 06:35:28 PM by dorol »

Farid

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 29, 2018, 04:38:26 PM »

momo111

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 30, 2018, 03:03:42 PM »
for h265 , please try that solution:

delete two plugins (Extended EPG and IPTV) from settings->miscellaneous->plugins

turn off/on with the switch on the back panel

DukeHS

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 30, 2018, 04:04:49 PM »
"delete two plugins (Extended EPG and IPTV) from settings->miscellaneous->plugins"

I tried that too. I also used different HDMI cable types.  Makes no difference, just a black screen. The Menu is still reacting, but no playback of HEVC content possible.  I can not test the player on a 4k TV. But the player should be able to downscale and decode HEVC.

I also have a Egreat and Himedia player. They have no Problem with HEVC content. I will ask for a refund.

momo111

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 30, 2018, 04:08:35 PM »
Strange

I also had exact the same problem, out of the box, but when I removed those plugins and physically rebooted the box it started playing any content

just to add .. I removed all (iptv, epg, android, etc..), the problem comes back after i turn off the device with the button on the remote! switch on the back works every time good for me!

futeko.com

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 31, 2018, 08:06:59 AM »
Strange

I also had exact the same problem, out of the box, but when I removed those plugins and physically rebooted the box it started playing any content

just to add .. I removed all (iptv, epg, android, etc..), the problem comes back after i turn off the device with the button on the remote! switch on the back works every time good for me!

As described, this sounds like a HDMI handshaking problem. I'm sure it will be resolved in future firmware..

Farid

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 03, 2018, 03:21:35 PM »

futeko.com

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 03, 2018, 04:56:02 PM »
The plugin fix worked on the Dune we had returned with this reported problem. It played HEVC fine after plugin removal and hard reboot.

That the fix worked for us is good news. It would appear to rule out a hardware problem.

Dune has been sent the results of our testing and are working on a fix. I expect it to be fixed in next firmware.

Farid, after plugin removal did you turn power on/off with button on back? Apart from that I would recommend a firmware reinstall, and if that doesn't work initially then try the plugin removal fix again.

Farid

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 07, 2018, 05:12:22 PM »
Finally able to play HEVC files after reinstalling firmware. But not stable. Sometimes cannot play, need to hard reboot a few times.

DELIVERY ∙ PAYMENT ∙ WARRANTY+RETURNS ∙ ABOUT ∙ PRIVACY ∙ FORUM ∙ CONTACT
© SDHDIGITAL LTD 2024