United States
FAST DELIVERY ∙ EXPERT TECH SUPPORT
UK STOCK ∙ 2 YEAR WARRANTY
Zidoo Z9X Pro
Ultra-HD 4K Dolby Vision Home Theatre Media Player.
  INCLUDES EXPRESS 2-4 DAY DELIVERY 

Author Topic: Q10 Pro Won't Power Off Properly  (Read 3726 times)

mccainm

• View Profile
Q10 Pro Won't Power Off Properly
« on: April 24, 2018, 07:23:46 AM »
This issue started a few days ago, although I do recall it happening once or twice before.  Now, however, it is happening almost every time.  When powering down my Q10 Pro, the white power LED temporarily turns "red" but then quickly turns "white" again.  Likewise, the external drives attached still show power.  When this happens, the box is not responsive to any remote or front panel commands.  Even turning the TV back on shows that the box is frozen and not active (e.g. not outputting any video signal).  The only way to power it off is to pull the AC cord in the back.  The box is on firmware 2.0.8 and I just spent a while today reinstalling the firmware from scratch (using the recommended reset button method).  It still didn't work.  Before I try to reinstall firmware again...most likely 2.0.6 this time, does anyone have any other recommendations, solution, or troubleshooting I should try...to save time and effort?  Thanks in advance.

pempek40

• View Profile
Re: Q10 Pro Won't Power Off Properly
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2018, 10:52:35 PM »
This intermiten problem happens to me too since updated to 2.0.8 . 
It happens mostly  after  long usage e.g about 2 hours.

If there is a solution please. Thanks.

Phil181

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2018, 06:30:13 AM »
I've had this occur quite a few times and it is not new for 2.0.8 firmware.  The box is actually off (no output from HDMI etc) but the white light just stays on.  It is annoying more than a problem.  Yes, pulling the plug will fix this, every time.

I was able to replicate the issue when turning off the TV straight after using remote "off" on the Q10Pro, which was still in the process of turning itself off fully. 
My solution is to now wait a few more seconds until the box white light goes off and then becomes fully red (normal Off); then turn off the TV.

mccainm

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 25, 2018, 04:48:37 PM »
Well, and somewhat unfortunately, at least I'm not the only one experiencing this.  I just downgraded back to 2.0.6 and will see what happens.  It had happened before but very rarely.  It only seemed to start doing it everytime with 2.0.8.  I'll  report back with an update.

mccainm

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 30, 2018, 01:43:45 AM »
I won't claim victory...yet...but so far I haven't had my machine hang up during power down with 2.0.6. 

pempek40

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 12, 2018, 11:55:14 PM »
I won't claim victory...yet...but so far I haven't had my machine hang up during power down with 2.0.6.

Is the 2.0.6 still ok for the power down? Thanks

DELIVERY ∙ PAYMENT ∙ WARRANTY+RETURNS ∙ ABOUT ∙ PRIVACY ∙ FORUM ∙ CONTACT
© SDHDIGITAL LTD 2024