United States
FAST DELIVERY ∙ EXPERT TECH SUPPORT
UK STOCK ∙ 2 YEAR WARRANTY
Zidoo Z9X Pro
Ultra-HD 4K Dolby Vision Home Theatre Media Player.
  INCLUDES EXPRESS 2-4 DAY DELIVERY 

Author Topic: OFFICIAL Q10 PRO FIRMWARE. FUTEKO. HMD-2.0.7 2018-01-12  (Read 61516 times)

eccles

• View Profile
Re: Wrong subtitle timing in Q10 PRO FIRMWARE. FUTEKO. HMD-2.0.7 2018-01-12
« Reply #60 on: February 03, 2018, 11:23:40 PM »
Hello Futeko!

I can confirm the bug that the subtitles are running now in 2.07 with a wrong timing.
Please report this to HiMedia.

Cheers

I also get this problem with 2.07 with 1080p content. srt subs run ok for a few seconds, then pause and catch up with several subs running through in quick succession, far too quick to read. This is when running through the wrapper. The Kodi player seems to work ok, with 1080p stuff at least.
I have reverted to 2.04 and subs are fine again.

mihailuican

• View Profile
Re: OFFICIAL Q10 PRO FIRMWARE. FUTEKO. HMD-2.0.7 2018-01-12
« Reply #61 on: February 04, 2018, 02:27:16 PM »
Hello everybody,
today I dirty flashed back to CFW2.0.6.
The reason is a VERY ANNOYING BUG in subtitles of 2.0.7 - sometimes WHOLE LINES of subtitles were not shown, even if pauses were fixed with subtitle workshop. It was a definite, real, repetitive flaw which I could repeat MANY times, and which DISSAPEARED once I came back to 2.0.6.
Verified and re-verified.
This is just to let you know, for your info.
Cheers everyone.

Later Edit: I am not certain but starting with CFW2.0.7 I suddenly started to encounter repeated, relatively frequent (several times every movie or TV series) interruptions of playback, with blackscreen and video signal cutback, the 4k HDR Panasonic Smart Tv recovering signal and resuming playback after a few seconds. After rewinding back a few moments and resuming playback to go through the problem-moment again, the same blackscreen did not occur anymore, not even one time, so I presume that the phenomenon is generated by Q10Pro/Firmware, not by video file. Just for you all to know, maybe someone can put 2 and 2 together.
I only play video files stored internally on a relatively new, error free and well-maintained HDD. Only alterations to firmware are by patching for More framerate, ROOT and SAMBA. IMPREX always OFF.
I will come back with impressions if going back to CFW2.0.6 is bringing back any improvement.
« Last Edit: February 04, 2018, 05:46:04 PM by mihailuican »

cchsieh

• View Profile
« Reply #62 on: February 05, 2018, 02:33:23 AM »
Still no HD audio pass through with Kodi 17.x. I see the FAQ has been edited to no longer indicate this will be fixed in a future firmware. Does anyone know if this is still in the works, or has  Himeda given up on this?
It has nothing to do with Himedia, it is Kodi policy .
2.07 is Android 7 , API level 24
 audiopassthrough for this API level :
 AC3, EAC3, DTS
Kodi team  miss hardware / software to implement dts-hd, truehd
    Kodi team only implemented DTS -hd, TrueHd for Nvidia Shield only , along with Amologic devices .

In order to implement HD audio Himedia has to CONTACT KODI TEAM and provide them with information needed .

KODI follows the standard IEC API, I think. Apps follow the IEC API will passthrough the HD Audio in Android 7, such as Emby, PLEX, KODI. Himedia has to finalize their firmware for the IEC API.
« Last Edit: February 05, 2018, 02:38:00 AM by cchsieh »

Grifone1893

• View Profile
« Reply #63 on: February 05, 2018, 04:39:13 AM »

Later Edit: I am not certain but starting with CFW2.0.7 I suddenly started to encounter repeated, relatively frequent (several times every movie or TV series) interruptions of playback, with blackscreen and video signal cutback, the 4k HDR Panasonic Smart Tv recovering signal and resuming playback after a few seconds. After rewinding back a few moments and resuming playback to go through the problem-moment again, the same blackscreen did not occur anymore, not even one time, so I presume that the phenomenon is generated by Q10Pro/Firmware, not by video file. Just for you all to know, maybe someone can put 2 and 2 together.
I only play video files stored internally on a relatively new, error free and well-maintained HDD. Only alterations to firmware are by patching for More framerate, ROOT and SAMBA. IMPREX always OFF.
I will come back with impressions if going back to CFW2.0.6 is bringing back any improvement.

I have exactly the same issue since fw 2.06 and I have my media on network share...tried everything, nothing works.
Very frustrating...to the point I'm searching for a q10 alternative.

eccles

• View Profile
« Reply #64 on: February 05, 2018, 10:37:55 AM »
have exactly the same issue since fw 2.06 and I have my media on network share...tried everything, nothing works.
Very frustrating...to the point I'm searching for a q10 alternative.
Is there anything specific to 2.06 or 2.07 that you need that prevents you from dropping back to an earlier release? I've found 2.04 to be stable, and it's easy enough to install Kodi 17.6 on that release using the Kodi repository.

pcristi

• View Profile
« Reply #65 on: February 05, 2018, 01:16:01 PM »
KODI follows the standard IEC API, I think. Apps follow the IEC API will passthrough the HD Audio in Android 7, such as Emby, PLEX, KODI. Himedia has to finalize their firmware for the IEC API.

Not rely this situation after release of Kodi 17.6. Kodi Team change again how Kodi detect passthrough capability and in addition for me is strange decision of Kodi Team to force  IEC API on PCM 2.0 output start with Kodi 17.6, because  not one of SoC suppliers follow  IEC API on this way on their SDK.

Follow Kodi forum to see how good is decision to use IEC API force on PCM 2.0.
https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=289735&page=67

cchsieh

• View Profile
« Reply #66 on: February 06, 2018, 07:27:55 AM »
Not rely this situation after release of Kodi 17.6. Kodi Team change again how Kodi detect passthrough capability and in addition for me is strange decision of Kodi Team to force  IEC API on PCM 2.0 output start with Kodi 17.6, because  not one of SoC suppliers follow  IEC API on this way on their SDK.
Follow Kodi forum to see how good is decision to use IEC API force on PCM 2.0.
https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=289735&page=67

There is a "shitty" version of KODI's branch that use old way to deal with passthrough, and I think the original KODI still use the standard IEC API. I test the Android box's compatibility of IEC API with KODI and other apps such as Emby/Plex that announce to use the new IEC API. nVidia Shield TV can passthrough DTS:X/ATMOS with the three apps. Still hope Himedia's android box can.

PS: MX Player for Android TV now use the new IEC API, I think. I may tested it recently.
« Last Edit: February 06, 2018, 12:48:18 PM by cchsieh »

Heinrich

• View Profile
« Reply #67 on: February 07, 2018, 03:56:30 PM »
what is the way to turn off subtitles forever and ever ahmen I never want to see them except maybe on a very very very rare once or twice a year occasion

godalmighty

• View Profile
« Reply #68 on: February 16, 2018, 07:15:03 AM »
using this firmware v.2.0.7 i had some issue with audio
i set wrapper to use wrapper player and now suddenly trueHD sound did not come out throught my tv`s speaker
but before that it all fine, using the same setting
i know my tv did not support trueHD audio but i did not choose Allow Passhtrough in kodi setting
then i factory reset it, everything set to default
wrapper use kodi for player and not allow passthrough selected and the audio come out
but after i tried changed wrapper to use wrapper player, the sound dinot come out :(
then i changed it back, still did not comes out
is there a bug or something i have to set to make it work?
thanks
« Last Edit: February 16, 2018, 07:18:42 AM by godalmighty »

Hawkk

• View Profile
« Reply #69 on: February 16, 2018, 10:43:57 AM »
what is the way to turn off subtitles forever and ever ahmen I never want to see them except maybe on a very very very rare once or twice a year occasion

Bump.

I am having the same issue, just can't find a way to get rid of them permanently.  They always come on even if you select default subs to none on the media player, it doesn't seem to save the preference.   Shouldn't be too much to ask?!

Kirek50

• View Profile
Problem with subtitles in Wrapper
« Reply #70 on: February 17, 2018, 01:34:24 PM »
Since the 2.07 firmware has been installed, Wrapper loses lines in the subtitles. Kodi and other players do not cause problems. You have to inform the authors of the firmware.

Ellah

• View Profile
« Reply #71 on: February 19, 2018, 10:29:15 AM »
Adding another bug with this firmware - player goes into pause mode when playing music and TV OFF.

Godmax

• View Profile
« Reply #72 on: February 20, 2018, 10:15:28 PM »
Where can I turn off subtitles as default? Dont want to deactivate the stuff everytime I start a movie

jcp2

• View Profile
« Reply #73 on: February 20, 2018, 11:58:50 PM »
Where can I turn off subtitles as default? Dont want to deactivate the stuff everytime I start a movie

Change Android Language any other Language then English (US) --> Thanks to @Dimitrij for share how to fixed
http://www.futeko.com/newforum/index.php?topic=2738.msg21954#msg21954

jcp2

• View Profile
« Reply #74 on: February 21, 2018, 02:22:55 AM »
If you're talking about Android settings, I deleted English. Added Spanish. Saved. Then I deleted Spanish and re-added English.

This had no effect whatsoever.

So then I clicked on the link you provided and it said "can you show me where this option is, I'm blind."

Do you think you could possibly be a tiny bit helpful instead of sending me in circles with no results yet again?

Unless of course, you work for the competition and want to keep us clueless and in the dark. IF that's the case, please post many more messages EXACTLY like that!
Start a movie, go into options or menu. Select subtitle default to "off" if the option for default "off" isn't shown, Go into android settings, to language, delete english and install a different language. Then restart the movie and the option to turn subtitle default "off" should be shown. Finally, go back into android settings, and reinstall english in language settings. Reload movie and see that subtitle is "off " by default :)

DELIVERY ∙ PAYMENT ∙ WARRANTY+RETURNS ∙ ABOUT ∙ PRIVACY ∙ FORUM ∙ CONTACT
© SDHDIGITAL LTD 2024