United States
FAST DELIVERY ∙ EXPERT TECH SUPPORT
UK STOCK ∙ 2 YEAR WARRANTY
Zidoo Z9X Pro
Ultra-HD 4K Dolby Vision Home Theatre Media Player.
  INCLUDES EXPRESS 2-4 DAY DELIVERY 

Author Topic: LCD Screen Q10 Pro?  (Read 5050 times)

MrQute-n

• View Profile
LCD Screen Q10 Pro?
« on: August 24, 2017, 10:05:26 PM »
Is there any plans on getting this to work, cause now i only have a bright screen of playtime and a clock, without no dimmingfunction, just OFF!
and whats up with all the digets and different functions on the lcd screen, nothing seems to work! even with different players.

I think i payed a way to much premiumprice for this product with over 280euros in Sweden (Home entertainment store) incl "over"taxation and still im note quite happy.

Sure its a snappy machine i give you that, but i think the quality in the resolution is on par with my X3 or Popcornhour and they dont even have HDMI 2.0a.

The gui is horrible and the features in settings are like with apple. Nonexisting.

The remote is a true joke and if i did not have the option for mouse or keyboard i would return this kit in a heartbeat.

There are lots of space here for improvement. And Himedia should take a really close look at the competition. Cause if i dont have the features im used to or getting better ones. whats the point of keeping any of Himedias products or support them in the future?

Dont mean to rain on your parade. but this is not acceptable for a "Premium" product with a reflecting price.

I will give this a try in the weekend and if im not happy its going back to the store and i will make sure that my review and grade will reflect that as well!
Like i wrote before this is far my first or last media player, and i would not have thought of Himedia if it wasnt for the good review and grades on social media or youtube, Avsforum.

But as of now im not sure. Buy a products and you cant even use the display, not a really good first impression if i might ad!

Cheers

/MRQT

stl

• View Profile
Re: LCD Screen Q10 Pro?
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2017, 10:23:40 PM »
Please feel free to send Himedia your concerns and suggestions, I highly doubt they will read anything you have written in this forum. This is not the manufacturer forum... All you'll find here is people willing to help.

MrQute-n

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2017, 11:57:37 AM »
Well funny enough i did as you mentioned, infact wrote down all my gripes and suggestions and sent it to them and they offered me to  become a beta tester on the spo. I dont know their history if this is widespread. but getting a response within ten minutes feels ashoreing.

The know they have a good product, but without good firmware or software their reputation will sink to the bottom!

/MRQT

dave4712

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2018, 05:38:47 PM »
any news maybe about the not used icons in the display ?

« Last Edit: July 25, 2018, 05:41:36 PM by dave4712 »

kynness

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 01, 2019, 06:29:15 PM »
im still hoping the Himedia Development Group pay attention time for open up the features of this LCD display, very important knowing what you doing in your box, such inserting USB, watching  4k, connected thru WiFi so for..

Scorp76

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 06, 2019, 02:49:34 AM »
Any news about the vfd display, would be handy and nice if it could give some info.I already have an clock hanging on my wall ;) .

tmihai20

• Smart devices enthusiast
    • View Profile
    • My blog (mostly Romanian)
« Reply #6 on: March 06, 2019, 01:34:23 PM »
Honestly, there is very little chance for Himedia to do anything more on the Q10/Q5 Pro. It is an old device now. It is bad that they did not provide a firmware that would make us not want updates. The front screen is one piece that is severely underused. I would love to see the other icons light up when doing something (a simple Pause-Play-Stop would be perfect).
Riddle me this, riddle me that
Who is afraid of the big, black bat?
TV: Sony Bravia  KD-55XG8505 (4K, HDR - Dolby Vision)
TV: 42LA641S (42 inches, 3D, fullHD)
Player: Q10 Pro with HMD-2.0.0 2016-11-17.181855

kynness

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 09, 2019, 11:41:24 PM »
Yeah is true that if Himedia could do a new firmware to lights up those hidden icon to inform the user when open the himedia q10 at q6

cutefix

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 08, 2019, 09:10:31 PM »
You should learn to live and accept the limitations of this old device.Btw those features you mentioned are nice but extreme to be sought for this machine whose interface is just basic..Hopefully in few years time the manufacturer might insert some functionality like what you find in a smart phone.😁

DELIVERY ∙ PAYMENT ∙ WARRANTY+RETURNS ∙ ABOUT ∙ PRIVACY ∙ FORUM ∙ CONTACT
© SDHDIGITAL LTD 2024